Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don’t earn a billion squid without having the death of at least one person on your hands.

That’s just a fact.
Absolutely. But there's a difference between that and ordering a specific individual's death, because he's written things you don't like. Bill Madrid Bill Madrid might think you're involved in some false equivalencing, here - and I'd agree with him.

The morals of the owners is definitely important to me.

Yes, Joe and Levy most likely have financial and industrial skeletons in their closets. But that's a completely different ball park to what the Saudi Government and other blood money owners have done.

Hell. If Spurs were sold to Red Bull or Monster I could swallow it. But I could not support Spurs if owned by someone like the Qatar or Saudi royal family. Trophies will not cover the blood on their hands.
Said it better than I could so...^THIS

The law disagrees with you.

The law is set by the people who govern us. The people who govern us are influenced and financed by billionaires en masse. Up to 1/3 of them provide donations to the Tory party, I doubt they're doing it because of their passion for politics.

Legal doesn't = moral. Billionaires shouldn't exist, British law allowing them to doesn't mean the law is justifiable or correct. Many of the Saudi practises people are outraged over here are technically done within their own nations laws.

Given the ever climbing revenues, surely a salary cap will just mean more profits for the owners ?
It definitely would, but it also keeps clubs from going out and having a squad like City and Chelsea who have players on their benches, who make outrageous wages, that would start every game for us. I'll just use Pulisic as an example. Chelsea paid 70m for him and he's on 150k a week and he rarely plays. If there were a cap they'd have top prioritize talent and players like Pulisic would be regulars on mid table teams, which would make them more competitive.

A cap would be more about distribution of talent and not slowing profit.

Last edited:
Absolutely. But there's a difference between that and ordering a specific individual's death, because he's written things you don't like. Bill Madrid Bill Madrid might think you're involved in some false equivalencing, here - and I'd agree with him.
Also who has Jeff Bezos actually killed? I mean denied a few toilet breaks and decimated the Highstreet sure...By the way anyone with an answer might want to consider how litigious he is.

Where's it all gone???? :lamelashock:
Some in the stadium, a lot in the ancillary projects surrounding the stadium and training ground, a lot covering Covid losses, some sitting on the balance sheet in cash, a small in the scheme of things but telling amount to Levy’s top-of-market salary, the only one in the entire operation.

Anywhere but the dressing room, anywhere.

The law is set by the people who govern us. The people who govern us are influenced and financed by billionaires en masse. Up to 1/3 of them provide donations to the Tory party, I doubt they're doing it because of their passion for politics.

Legal doesn't = moral. Billionaires shouldn't exist, British law allowing them to doesn't mean the law is justifiable or correct. Many of the Saudi practises people are outraged over here are technically done within their own nations laws.

So basically anyone after a certain level of wealth should be forced to heavily invest into an also-ran football club?

(Of course, I'm being facetious, but still........... How the fuck do you propose we get to the utopia you're suggesting?)

So basically anyone after a certain level of wealth should be forced to heavily invest into an also-ran football club?

(Of course, I'm being facetious, but still........... How the fuck do you propose we get to the utopia you're suggesting?)

Football clubs would be owned primarily by the fans.

And I don't believe for a second the 'utopia' is possible, the game sold out to the most hardcore forms of capitalism a long, long time ago. There's no point discussing how that might shift because none of the requirements for systemic change currently exist.

Back
Top Bottom