Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've yet to meet a City or Chelsea fan who'd swap their owners for €NIC.

If Arabs , Russians, Chinese or anyone else is going to invest billions into an English football team I want it to be mine.

Anyone who says otherwise is either Not Spurs, some Morally superior high horse rider, or an outright hypocrite.

Yeh buts that basically a cheat code, a 100m runner on steroids. The reason why people respect/hate/admire Liverpool is because they built a team under great manager Klopp, backed him and ran the football side of the club really well. They earned their success and they did it themselves.

City no one cares when they win things, even their own fans don’t go to games and barely celebrate their title wins. City and Chelsea you can cost out their success and how much each trophy was.

Liverpool for all the hate is the club I would like us to be, well run, ambitious and and earning their crust. City, Chelsea and now Newcastle are like lotto winners boasting they earned their money, it’s as fake as Trumps hairdo.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care much about trophies??

No... I can't be, because here we all are. If the most important thing to us was trophies, we'd all be on Blue Moon or whatever

No. We care about history, tradition, fair play and beautiful, open expansive football.

Fuck trophies, if and when we get one, let it be on our terms. Until then.. As we were. It's fine

I have no problem with Arab people. Just using the term Arab opens up for some iffy interpretations here. If some independent Arab businessman wanted to buy out ENIC I'd say go for it. But always no to the blood regimes. I would bail if Spurs were bought up by one of the blood regimes and became a sports washing instrument.

Justifying it by "but we will get trophies" is a weak argument. It wouldn't be us as fans winning them to begin with.

Im less concerned about where the owners came from, or what race/religion, or if they're billionaires, then I would be about being owned by a group of people who violate human rights as much as their new owners have done.
It terrifies me that football fans just overlook this fact if it wins their team a few pieces of metal, and pretty much sums of why this planet is in such a shit state.

Do you want us to buy a couple of league titles , few cups fill our team with greedy little mercenaries with their even greedier agents waiting in the wings or huff & puff do what we’ve been doing then maybe just maybe we a get a rub of the green and we can celebrate a trophy by huffing & puffing what do you want?
Just 20 more years of huffing and puffing and im sure we will get the rub of the green to win another league cup.

The people that are happy for or actively want a nation like Saudi Arabia to buy Spurs should just hold their hands up and admit they don't care about the human rights abuses and attrocities because trophies are more important.

Rather than start the 'what about ENIC', 'what about the Tories' deflection to try and justify their viewpoint.

Just be honest and say, 'actually, I just don't give a fuck'.

No way, I prefer taking the moral high ground; the ethical approach whilst not winning trophies and making more billions for our overlords instead

The morals of the owners is definitely important to me.

Yes, Joe and Levy most likely have financial and industrial skeletons in their closets. But that's a completely different ball park to what the Saudi Government and other blood money owners have done.

Hell. If Spurs were sold to Red Bull or Monster I could swallow it. But I could not support Spurs if owned by someone like the Qatar or Saudi royal family. Trophies will not cover the blood on their hands.

Moments Father GIF

Explaining for the 85th time that there's a difference in being owned by the Saudi government and crown prince, who are directly responsible for all manner of atrocities and being owned by someone who happens to be British or American

I really don't know where I stand on all this tbh

I'm desperate for Enic/Levy to go but these Newcastle owners are truly abhorrent

Not trying to cause an argument but if everyone on here was offered 10 times their current salary to do their current job but working for a company with owners of this nature , would you honestly take it ?

Premier League fit and proper person test: BLM, Stonewall, rights for disabled, champions of equality

Adolf Hitler: I would like to buy West Ham please.

Prem: we see that you did the Holocaust, started a war that wiped out tens of millions and brought devastation to the globe. We also see that you have allowed pirated prem football games to be shown in Germany.

Adolf Hitler: oh yeh sorry I shouldn’t have allowed the piracy

Prem: ok to will have to pay £1bn in compensation

Adolf Hitler: it’s done

Prem: you are now a fit and proper person and of good standing order to own a football club.

Sky TV:

landscape tumbleweed GIF

West Ham Fans:

west ham fans GIF by Star Sixes

Last edited:
Take the knee for Yemeni victims of Saudi Arabia maybe? Or rape victims that are stoned to death for adultery perhaps?

As long as we wear our rainbow laces we are doing our bit though right?

It’s just the hypocrisy is staggering, it’s truly unbelievable. How is anybody to believe a word that comes from the Premier league’s mouth.

How is it that the working class and football fans in general can be held to a vastly higher standard than the actual rich owners of these clubs. Ban people for homophobia and racism but let the game be run by slave owners, racist homophobic murderers.

It makes you so cynical of everything, it makes you feel nothing is sincere, it’s just a game where people at the top using morality as a means not for improving society but keeping others at bay. Worse still is the passive and sometimes happy acceptance of this by the media who have obviously be bought out.

I've yet to meet a City or Chelsea fan who'd swap their owners for €NIC.

If Arabs , Russians, Chinese, American, English or any other really really rich people are going to invest billions into an English football team I want it to be mine.

Anyone who says otherwise is either Not Spurs, some Morally superior high horse rider, or an outright hypocrite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom