Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, there's "a bit shady", and "dodges taxes" (which as a hard working tax payer trying to pay off a London sized mortgage really annoys me) and then there's executing journalists and homosexuals but there are some people here arguing that it's all the same.

Of course, I can't help but be a little jealous that Newcastle are probably on the verge of domestic dominance and I freely admit as a Spurs fan I'd at least be a little excited about a new era of actually winning things if it were us. But that doesn't mean I can't feel a little about entire countries buying Premier League clubs as a PR exercise so we all laugh off the executions and persecutions. No. Just, no.

Fuck City, Fuck Chelsea and now Fuck Newcastle.

So let me get this straight. If we’re taken over by someone who’s rich but “clean” (lol) and is willing to spend £200m every transfer window, people would take it with both hands or not? Or you just don’t like money being spent on good players, unless it’s what we make through sales etc? If so, no wonder no one protests and abuses those ENIC bastards, you’re a fucking pawn brainwashed by ENIC propaganda machine.

In 2021 money = success. It is what it is. But muh Dortmund model.

None of these big foreign investors make a direct profit from the football, the overheads are too great. Their foreign status makes them political outsiders, they just want to be invited to the party. They gain power over the British government, affecting legislation/trade deals etc, and recoup and profit that way. 'Great' for the club, terrible for the national constitution.

ENIC and Levy are not foreign outsiders so have a different agenda, to leach money out of the football club while pretending to support it.

Last edited:
And yet he is one of the woke cabal on the TFC pod. Amazing really that people are willing to throw their morals out of the window for potential football success.

Yep.

Day one

‘’Be kind, be nice’’.

Day two

‘’£100bn from gay killers, terrorist financiers and woman beaters.’’

Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

One thing from this it has shown is all the BLM, LGTB backing, red Neville and his principles, all of it is nothing but a load of hypocritical shit. The whole thing has been exposed as a sham in front of the country and wider world. We have principles and if you want us to have others just buy us out.

It’s all a logical progression, Irving Scholar idiot , Sugar horrendous, ENIC slowly grind us into submission and acceptance of failure. On the path we are on I dread to think who comes next. However I want change even though I know the euphoria will soon dissipate , as our new owners turn out to be just a different version of bad

Take the knee for Yemeni victims of Saudi Arabia maybe? Or rape victims that are stoned to death for adultery perhaps?

As long as we wear our rainbow laces we are doing our bit though right?

Stupid question. To be the owner of the vast majority football clubs in the premier league you need to be a billionaire. Or at least close to that level in terms of individual net worth. There is no such thing as an Ultra High Net Worth Individual WITH morals as in order to accumulate such wealth you have to a bad and amoral person.
Name me a football ownership structure that is virtuous and on the right side of the argument? I don’t think you can.
Unless you are in Germany in which fan ownership is a thing.
Newcastle’s new owners are awful, and it shouldn't be allowed. But we are getting into a debate about lesser evils. Our ownership: tax dodging, Conservative party donating, scrounges who were willing to let the government pay their staff during the pandemic and constantly support governenment policy and in doing so tacitly support growing inequality and poverty in this country. They bankroll the very things that are wrong in our society and people like Marcus Rashford are fighting against.
So please don’t suggest a “moral owner” is a thing. Because it is not. The only moral ownership structure is majority rule fan ownership.
But that won’t happen here. So I have accepted that whoever owns our club is will be an amoral cunt - but I’d rather take an amoral cunt who will invest in the team and see us as more than a live events venue (that they didn’t even pay for)

Makes you realise that no matter how bad things are, they could always be worse.

I saw a mate last night and he said that he was talking to a man city supporter yesterday, city tattoos all up his forearms and a season ticket. Anyway, he says he hates it there now, no atmosphere, he says people from London (!) sit behind him now and he gets so bored he looks at his phone during games! He reckons he's giving in his season ticket at the end of the season.
If a city fan cant enjoy the football city play and gets bored..i dont think he particularly likes the sport.

Take the knee for Yemeni victims of Saudi Arabia maybe? Or rape victims that are stoned to death for adultery perhaps?

As long as we wear our rainbow laces we are doing our bit though right?

It’s just the hypocrisy is staggering, it’s truly unbelievable. How is anybody to believe a word that comes from the Premier league’s mouth.

How is it that the working class and football fans in general can be held to a vastly higher standard than the actual rich owners of these clubs. Ban people for homophobia and racism but let the game be run by slave owners, racist homophobic murderers.

It makes you so cynical of everything, it makes you feel nothing is sincere, it’s just a game where people at the top using morality as a means not for improving society but keeping others at bay. Worse still is the passive and sometimes happy acceptance of this by the media who have obviously be bought out.

Stupid question. To be the owner of the vast majority football clubs in the premier league you need to be a billionaire. Or at least close to that level in terms of individual net worth. There is no such thing as an Ultra High Net Worth Individual WITH morals as in order to accumulate such wealth you have to a bad and amoral person.
Name me a football ownership structure that is virtuous and on the right side of the argument? I don’t think you can.
Newcastle’s new owners are awful, and it shouldn't be allowed. But we are getting into a debate about lesser evils. Our ownership: tax dodging, Conservative party donating, scrounges who were willing to let the government pay their staff during the pandemic and constantly support governenment policy and in doing so tacitly support growing inequality and poverty in this country. They bankroll the very things that are wrong in our society and people like Marcus Rashford are fighting against.
So please don’t suggest a “moral owner” is a thing. Because it is not. The only moral ownership structure is majority rule fan ownership.
But that won’t happen here. So I have accepted that whoever owns our club is will be an amoral cunt - but I’d rather take an amoral cunt who will invest in the team and see us as more than a live events venue (that they didn’t even pay for)

So you are equating Saudi Islamofacists with the Conservative Party. Fucking hell.

It’s just the hypocrisy is staggering, it’s truly unbelievable. How is anybody to believe a word that comes from the Premier league’s mouth.

How is it that the working class and football fans in general can be held to a vastly higher standard than the actual rich owners of these clubs. Ban people for homophobia and racism but let the game be run by slave owners, racist homophobic murderers.

It makes you so cynical of everything, it makes you feel nothing is sincere, it’s just a game where people at the top using morality as a means not for improving society but keeping others at bay. Worse still is the passive and sometimes happy acceptance of this by the media who have obviously be bought out.

Basically proves the point that money talks. And for all everyone's lip service to equality, they are happy to forget about it if your team wins a few trophies.

True colours coming out left, right and centre.

Not really, I dislike Joe Lewis a lot. But we are talking about links to a government that has spread the ideology than underpins ISIS and Al-Qaeda and has the most appalling human rights. If this is acceptable than why should theoretically Joseph Stalin not be allowed to buy a team. It’s the lowest of the low, it embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom