Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

B) .. But I'd rather the pushback started against something that wasn't 'bad people run this football club' and perhaps was more focused on 'disabled people are robbed of dignity/money to survive' and all the other stories that are forgotten within a week.

Cool.... Not everyone ignores/forgets those other issues tho.... It's not really fair to assume/suggest that they do.

Football is simply the subject at hand.

I view football as an escape for a lot of people. It's a way for them to get away from the politics and misery which surround the rest of life, and embrace something irrational and tribal. So when people sort of just accept the corruption that has enveloped every other industry in the world, I'm not surprised. Football is a lot of people's sanctuary from those realities.

But by your above reckoning most people ignore those ills (much like eg a Newcastle fan wearing Arab headgear is ignoring whatis convenient to their own gratification)..... So which is it? ......Are we all pomplacent DGAFs or in need of escape?

It's why I don't really blame or get angry at the Newcastle fans celebrating like other people do.

I can only speak for myself but my anger fundamentally lies with those that allowed the takeover to happen.....

(I posted those pics as a tie in to that jouno making the assumption that all the Geordies are all morally torn.)

Oh and as for whose responsibility it is, specifically in football it would be the government. It's not like football fans get any power to vote for who is appointed in the Premier League or who is allowed in to the league.

Sure, but again: perhaps we could be doing more to influence said government......?

I agree. There is no ethical consumption of basically anything under capitalism. Most people are just trying to get by, and I don't blame the average consumer just like I don't blame the average City fan. People can say that citizens should be more socially conscious but when you're worried about paying the bills, feeding the family etc, who owns Manchester City and their crimes halfway across the world aren't going to matter much.

There are levels and degrees....

There's no denying this fact.

5a132ab3f914c31d008b517e

To this in about a year:

5568.jpg

It'd be like copping off with the fit brunette head alien from from V!
The top one good old Lenny would happily satisfy the lady demands as they usually can't get enough of my sophisticated lothario ways.

The bottom one's gone Hammer House . No chance even at a grab a granny night .
That one's more for " Spider Spurs "or if she is really unlucky that pleasure tourist "outsider".

Last edited:
Well this thread has had its twist and turns hasn't it.

Just a thought though; there's always been "owners vs custodians" when it comes to whoa at the top in a club. Personally, I liked to consider people like Levy or The Glazer's or in this case, Mike Ashley as the latter.

Maybe one day the English Law will recognize a 51/49 style of ownership with the fans having 51% control

Massively important to me, I'd lose a lot of love for my team and fot football if we were ever taken over by one of these Oil barons or Oligarth's with blood on their hands and it would make me a massive hyypocrite to support that particular regime.

I was 29 walking in Hoddesdon high street, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in one of the shop windows and saw this semi bald guy with the remaining hair looking all wild and untidy.

I walked straight into the nearest barbers told them to shave it all off and I have never looked back since.
Haha,as i said because of the cropped hair mine wasn't such a shock to the system.
You Hoddesdon? Lived there for many years as a young un.100 acre estate first, then Whitley road.
"Steves" up Rye road was my barber of choice.

Last edited:
Do you want us to buy a couple of league titles , few cups fill our team with greedy little mercenaries with their even greedier agents waiting in the wings or huff & puff do what we’ve been doing then maybe just maybe we a get a rub of the green and we can celebrate a trophy by huffing & puffing what do you want?
That hard working grafter dele lifting the cup . True Working class hero. Would bring a tear to the eye :pochcry:

I am walking away from football, have made the decision and I am going to stand by it.

Thought long and hard about it and this post sums up perfectly the reason why I am done with it and the fucking circus it has become.
I am about 95% checked out of football.
It isn’t worth it.

Wow, that is horrifying- did not know any of that.

I'm sure all the moral crusaders that claimed they would cease supporting Spurs if the Saudis took over will now do the same after learning more about our boy, Lewis.

The cleansing of locals, the buying off of local politicians, the corruption, the supporting the IDF, an entity that carries out ethnic cleansing itself - where is the anger for this? Or is it only the Arab scumbags we have a problem with.
You would think so. They don’t seem bothered at all. Just keep saying the Saudis are worse. I am sure that will be comforting to the victims of Lewis.

I'm not going to the Newcatle away game, but 100% I'll be at the home game in a white shirt covered in fake blood.

Vile that the Prem League should let anyone connected with Saudi take control of a club. I hear a lot about the murdered journalist, human rights abuses and oppression of women - but it's nothing compared to their actions in Yemen for the last few years.
Levy is handwriting ‘fake blood’ on labels & sticking them over Heinz ketchup sachets as we speak. Sachets he stole anytime he eats out. Always takes all the napkins too. No care for people eating there after him.

Back
Top Bottom