Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've got nothing against Arabs. Why would I? It would be racist.
However, if the question is, "Would you be happy for Spurs to be owned & run by the corrupt, despotic, murderous, evil bastards that are the Saudi Royal Family?", then my answer is no, of course I wouldn't be happy. Why would anyone want to be linked with those c**ts, let alone give them my money?
Son of Mr Byrite is quite bad enough for me.

Yes. If spurs were to be bought by a country that has serious human rights issues, i would straight up quit and look for another team. I dont own anything to spurs. We live in an age where we are moneystats and not a ‘community’ that live around the stadium. The moment oil money comes in im out.

I'd be very interested to know who on here would genuinely reject bids for Kane on moral grounds. Not specifically from Newcastle's owners, but City or PSG too. Because most people on here that I've seen were pro selling him for big money.

Either way you're using dirty money to fund a rebuild. Either its them directly owning you, or it's you taking the money in exchange for something. Where do your principles come in to it?

...And by and large that's all I'm trying to point out. Sick of all the dismissive, 'everyone should give no fucks like me' posting going on and the common internet trope of instantly writing any moral objection off as "virtue signalling" (which so often amounts to little more than an 'everyone is as shallow as me really' attitude.

If none of that applies to you then touche.... More power to ya.

The major virtue signally aspect in this whole drama is summed up by the below. How can laces, taking the knee mean anything. It is clear that all of this driven by the premier league and FA is totally disingenuous.

What it means now is that the fans and public have to behave as well as possible but those that govern us, own our clubs can behave how they want. Any campaign is basically now in the bin because Tommy Robinson is like your nan compared to the House of Saud.

I do wonder if the premier league and FA have thought about what this means for taking the knee, gay rights etc. Because they will have to bin it as it will now look ridiculous.

The major virtue signally aspect in this whole drama is summed up by the below. How can laces, taking the knee mean anything. It is clear that all of this driven by the premier league and FA is totally disingenuous.

What it means now is that the fans and public have to behave as well as possible but those that govern us, own our clubs can behave how they want. Any campaign is basically now in the bin because Tommy Robinson is like your nan compared to the House of Saud.

I do wonder if the premier league and FA have thought about what this means for taking the knee, gay rights etc. Because they will have to bin it as it will now look ridiculous.

I am walking away from football, have made the decision and I am going to stand by it.

Thought long and hard about it and this post sums up perfectly the reason why I am done with it and the fucking circus it has become.

To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of the whole fucking thing. Football is no longer the level playing field it once was, back in the day a load of teams could win...now it's down to the few with the biggest crooks in charge.

City basically hoover up every trophy going and no one bats a fucking eyelid.

Why? are your morals flexible depending on who is to blame? surely they apply to all equally regardless of stature ...

PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media are taking over Newcastle ... RB Sports and Media are a UK entity and will have UK Director with a seat on the 3 man board ...

So where are your blood soaked shirts for the UK .... or is that just a Saudi thing? 🎣
Bit confused. Are you basically saying that Daniel Levy invaded Afghanistan because he lives in the UK?

We're going to need new owners soon.

At this rate, we're no longer going to be a big 10 club let alone big 6 club with all the new money being poured into the League.

We're going to need owners that are willing to go over ZERO net spend every year.

Any Korean billionaires out there??
kim-jong-un_650_050914125448_101414084444.jpg

I mean, there's "a bit shady", and "dodges taxes" (which as a hard working tax payer trying to pay off a London sized mortgage really annoys me) and then there's executing journalists and homosexuals but there are some people here arguing that it's all the same.

Of course, I can't help but be a little jealous that Newcastle are probably on the verge of domestic dominance and I freely admit as a Spurs fan I'd at least be a little excited about a new era of actually winning things if it were us. But that doesn't mean I can't feel a little about entire countries buying Premier League clubs as a PR exercise so we all laugh off the executions and persecutions. No. Just, no.

Fuck City, Fuck Chelsea and now Fuck Newcastle.

The whole ENIC are bad bandwagon is unfounded .... sure ENIC may not meet the expectations of the modern entitled fan ... but taking us from a mid table club with 20th century facilities, into top six club with 21st century facilities ... how is that such a bad thing?

Think we're probably in agreement on that, as indeed are the vast majority of fans, just not the very noisy few.
ENIC have zero footballing vision.

We have no identity, as a team. We play fucking shit football.

That’s why a lot of us don’t like them. The fact we haven’t won anything is in addition.

So glory hunters - our best EPL finish in the club's history, a fist ever CL final with arguably the most exciting cup run ever ... how soon you entitled forget.
Drop the tiresome glory hunter schtick. It’s boring. I’ve supported us for the best part of 40 years and have no realistic expectations of seeing us win anything. Doesn’t really concern me. Our fucking awful football does.

Our CL venture was despite ENIC, not because of. That was a team moulded by Pochettino. Levy had fuck all idea how it happened or how to maintain it, hence his trying to bolster the team with random French n’not very good transfers.

I don’t even care about the money. I’d have been ok with us selling Kane, just to see a committed, intelligent reinvestment in the team that established pressing, attacking football. But ENIC do not have that plan.

We will continue to slide into irrelevance.

I'm not going to the Newcatle away game, but 100% I'll be at the home game in a white shirt covered in fake blood.

Vile that the Prem League should let anyone connected with Saudi take control of a club. I hear a lot about the murdered journalist, human rights abuses and oppression of women - but it's nothing compared to their actions in Yemen for the last few years.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care much about trophies??

No... I can't be, because here we all are. If the most important thing to us was trophies, we'd all be on Blue Moon or whatever

No. We care about history, tradition, fair play and beautiful, open expansive football.

Fuck trophies, if and when we get one, let it be on our terms. Until then.. As we were. It's fine
I don’t get that vibe from ENIC at all. We are soulless & corporate with shit football.

We came close to this ourselves very recently.....

For every Newcastle that enters the fray; the prospect of us, Liverpool, Leicester or anyone that has challenged the petro clubs in recent years doing similar again lessens.

Makes me laugh; all the faux-indignation from certain quarters about our involvement in the ESL, but obsolutely no qualms about a bunch of murderous cunts buying Spurs into a 4 team EPL-exclusive super league.

We need to sort out our vision. The decision making on the football side has not been good enough, we could have been Liverpool or close to Liverpool and we let it go. Make no mistake Newcastle over the next few years will make things even worse, 3 clubs with massive squads fuelled by oil.

Back
Top Bottom