Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anybody who thinks ENIC and Levy have morals are delusional.

They represent everything wrong with football, they have turned our club into a shell, they focus more on commercial revenue and events and property than they do on the actual football operations, they have a disdain for legacy supporters and have ripped the soul out of the club.

We are everything Man City are without the trophies, we have no divine right to lord ourselves over other clubs like we are morally superior other than the fact that our money may be soaked in blood a little less, that's it.

That’s total nonsense.

For one thing, a standard investment company is not remotely comparable to a repressive, antisemitic, sectarian, homophobic, murderous regime like the House of Saud.

And think about what your complaint is about ENIC. Too interested in money, seeing the club as an investment, not interested enough in football success?

Then think about complaints about Abu Dhabi, Qatar and now Saudi Arabia. The exact opposite situation - pumping in hundreds of millions to buy footballing success and there buy soft power and prestige for their regimes (sportswashing, as it’s become known).

Think about it.

The people that are happy for or actively want a nation like Saudi Arabia to buy Spurs should just hold their hands up and admit they don't care about the human rights abuses and attrocities because trophies are more important.

Rather than start the 'what about ENIC', 'what about the Tories' deflection to try and justify their viewpoint.

Just be honest and say, 'actually, I just don't give a fuck'.

The people that are happy for or actively want a nation like Saudi Arabia to buy Spurs should just hold their hands up and admit they don't care about the human rights abuses and attrocities because trophies are more important.

Rather than start the 'what about ENIC', 'what about the Tories' deflection to try and justify their viewpoint.

Don't think anyone is day that trophies are more important than human rights but many people including myself are frustrated with the lack of ambition/anything under ENIC.
Their new co owner has straight away identified they want trophies five minutes into their reign, yet after 21 years of levy I have never heard him say anything remotely similar to that because he isn't in football for that.
I meant to add Newcastle fans have hope we have ENIC.

Don't think anyone is day that trophies are more important than human rights but many people including myself are frustrated with the lack of ambition/anything under ENIC.
Their new co owner has straight away identified they want trophies five minutes into their reign, yet after 21 years of levy I have never heard him say anything remotely similar to that because he isn't in football for that.

So you would rather they owned us than ENIC?

I'd be worried about Human Rights abuse if it wasn't now such a generic term thrown about that it means something different to everyone. Like "Equality" and "Mental Health".

On here, countless people said "well if Kane trusted a verbal agreement with Levy, that's his stupid fault", yet we heard openly that City tried to make a second bid (rumoured to be £130M or so) Levy would not even take the call.

Stop believing the media - or do you have City and Levy's phone records?

I'd quite like some killer Saudi emperors t buy THFC and execute the ENIC apologists on the pitch before our first game under Conte with the world's best players ready to win every thing

There are so many contradictions when talking about many countries especially the Middle Eastern ones who have laws and customs most here would abhor .But most fans want trophies and will accept new owners if they deliver on the field . The argument about the morality of these countries will go round in circles and will never be agreed on .The world we live in people and governments will fall over each other to take Arab investment and have no problems with it . Sure the guy who has all the horses has behaved pretty badly but no one protests about it they would love his horses in their yard .

This is the problem people try saying that ENIC are some moral crusader they are not, they too are a cold business outfit who don't give a fuck about anyone.
And would no doubt fuck every last one of us fans over for a buck.
I reckon they'd make the MK Don's thing looks inconsequential if they could. Move the club to the US and rinse it over there and screw the lot of us.

Stop believing the media - or do you have City and Levy's phone records?
I doubt it, but Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai probably does:

I'd be worried about Human Rights abuse if it wasn't now such a generic term thrown about that it means something different to everyone. Like "Equality" and "Mental Health".

How's murder and chopping up of body-parts sound to you.... If it's just the phrasing that's getting in your way?

I'm sure the women and homosexuals being killed there appreciate your support.

I've lived in Saudi for a short period. Can't say I heard anything about women being killed, nor homosexuality for that matter, as a matter of policy, but I'd be willing to be corrected.

I can't stand the Saudi regime but let's get something straight, Prince Salman is a staunch secularist - not an 'islamofacist'. The man has imprisoned many religious authority figures, nullified the powers of the religious scholars and is fully focused on his secular project. He's a murderer and a war criminal but so are a lot of his pals in our government - the ones that give him weapons to commit his crimes. Maybe we should be taking a stronger stand against that if we feel so strongly about this considering, you know, we actually can do something about who is running the affairs of this country.

Last edited:
I'd quite like some killer Saudi emperors t buy THFC and execute the ENIC apologists on the pitch before our first game under Conte with the world's best players ready to win every thing

What a complete and utter gross cunt you are.

Admin Admin ..... Bin me if you must.

Back
Top Bottom