Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football clubs would be owned primarily by the fans.

And I don't believe for a second the 'utopia' is possible, the game sold out to the most hardcore forms of capitalism a long, long time ago. There's no point discussing how that might shift because none of the requirements for systemic change currently exist.
The Bundesliga method.

Some in the stadium,

Try most.

a lot covering Covid losses,

'Awfully' forgiving of you to include this given the implications of your OG post.

some sitting on the balance sheet in cash,

Ahhhh...... ok.

So generally nothing as untoward as you were implying

Anywhere but the dressing room, anywhere.

Must be awfully empty in there then.... Wait; confusingly there seems to be a squad full of players to counteract this theory.

:kanehand:

And I don't believe for a second the 'utopia' is possible, the game sold out to the most hardcore forms of capitalism a long, long time ago. There's no point discussing how that might shift because none of the requirements for systemic change currently exist.

The Bundesliga method.

"Hey Mr Big Time Football Club Owner...... Sell half your clubs share's to the fan-base dirt cheap please".

Sadly, not a real option.

...But as per my question Deuterz Deuterz - I'm far more intrigued by this idea of legally compelling the rich to do certain things with their money...... How?

Last edited:
It definitely would, but it also keeps clubs from going out and having a squad like City and Chelsea who have players on their benches, who make outrageous wages, that would start every game for us. I'll just use Pulisic as an example. Chelsea paid 70m for him and he's on 150k a week and he rarely plays. If there were a cap they'd have top prioritize talent and players like Pulisic would be regulars on mid table teams, which would make them more competitive.

A cap would be more about distribution of talent and not slowing profit.
I agree it'd work to distribute talent better, but not sure it'd put off the unsavoury investors.

Hi mate, I’m not sure whether you missed the post where I said it was a fact.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here??
It's not a fact though, is it? It's your opinion. It's quite possibly true, but it's not a fact.

If it was a fact, you could name names and you can't.

Also who has Jeff Bezos actually killed? I mean denied a few toilet breaks and decimated the Highstreet sure...By the way anyone with an answer might want to consider how litigious he is.

Bezos may not have killed anybody but he has dined and done business with the Saudis in the past from what I'm aware. Is he a much more moral person because he doesn't kill directly, but is happy for other people to bloody their hands whilst he profits with them?

This is the issue. Most Western billionaires don't need to kill people. But they're absolutely delighted to work alongside those in countries where you can get away with it. And if they can outsource work to said countries and work people to the bone in sweatshops? All the better. They're abiding by the law so it's fine.

These are all evil men. Those who don't pull the trigger are standing behind the people that do. And they're all profiteering from the misery and suffering of their fellow human beings.

It's conflicting. I know a City supporter (proper Manc, season ticket). City sort of suited him a club, casual but loyal. Obviously incredibly exciting when the money came in, no longer in the shadow of United etc. But when Aguero scored on 94 minutes it just completed football. How could you ever top that? Nowaways I think he's got no more than a passing interest in it all.
I think I've posted it before, but I had a City-supporting friend who quit the club immediately upon the takeover. Hasn't wavered for even a minute since. I think it was Richard Dunne who attracted his initial support, a strange one.

Bezos may not have killed anybody but he has dined and done business with the Saudis in the past from what I'm aware. Is he a much more moral person because he doesn't kill directly, but is happy for other people to bloody their hands whilst he profits with them?

This is the issue. Most Western billionaires don't need to kill people. But they're absolutely delighted to work alongside those in countries where you can get away with it. And if they can outsource work to said countries and work people to the bone in sweatshops? All the better. They're abiding by the law so it's fine.

These are all evil men. Those who don't pull the trigger are standing behind the people that do. And they're all profiteering from the misery and suffering of their fellow human beings.
And Bezos and Amazon hardly pay any taxes here for the hundreds of billions of dollars they earn in the UK!

So if your waiting for a nice clean businessman your wasting your time mate.

Any kind of forced co-ownership by fangroups etc will be expropriation by law, and will have billion dollar pound repercussions, that no government or FA will be able to pay.

Any kind of forced co-ownership by fangroups etc will be expropriation by law, and will have billion dollar pound repercussions, that no government or FA will be able to pay.

Hence why I said I'm aware the utopia won't happen, barring a monumental shift in British politics which seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.

That would be the ideal, but the ideal never happens. We all know this by now.

Don’t give a fuck about morals. Real hypocritical of Spurs fans moaning about Newcastle being taken over by Arabs, when our own club tried to sell our soul by sneaking into the super league without consulting anybody. We are certainly no angels whatsoever. The difference is, these Arabs will propel Newcastle to great heights and eventually silverware. We are stuck with bald cunt, ENIC and a failed regime pretending to be big on a lemonade budget. Cunts!!! #levyout #enicout

Back
Top Bottom