Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure, we have every right to point at the bigger cunts but at the end of the day our lot are still cunts too...
So long as our cunt is only the 4th most corrupt, morally heinous bastard in the Premier League I feel I can cosientiously take the moral high ground.
:avbpray:

Airfixx Airfixx . If Daniel Levy took £150million of Saudi blood and bone money for Harry Kane this January to fund a rebuild, would that be the point where you turn your back on Spurs and walk away from football?

I'm genuinely interested in how you would deal with such a moral dilemna

Are we back on the 'what about Joe Lewis' 'what about ENIC' etc etc in comparison to the Saudi regime?

Shockingly shit comparisons.
I'd be a lot happier if we couldn't whatabout Joe Lewis but unfotunately we can...granted he's nowhere near as bad as the Saudi/Abu Dhabi/Abramovich contingent but he is probably the worst of the rest...

I'd be a lot happier if we couldn't whatabout Joe Lewis but unfotunately we can...granted he's nowhere near as bad as the Saudi/Abu Dhabi/Abramovich contingent but he is probably the worst of the rest...
The sad thing is our cunt is the only cunt who doesn't invest a penny of his ill gotten wealth in his football team.

How fucking Spursy is that

:memeokay:

Personally, where would you draw the line?
There are no lines. If morally corrupt owners are infesting English football, and we all continue to pay for and support it, I want the the one who invests in my football team ahead of the one who invests in somebody else's. Or fucking property.

And so long as our own owners are getting fat of the wealth brought into the Premier Leagu by Sheikhs, Sultans and oil barons then we have no moral high ground to take.

The hypocrisy of some is astounding

If we think that, as a fanbase we are morally superior to the tens of thousands of City and Newcastle fans who would never swap their owners for ours then we're fucking deluded.

How about you, matey?

I have no love for Lewis/ENIC but I think it is pointless making comparisons about human rights abuses to making a few quid on the FX market.

There are no lines. If morally corrupt owners are infesting English football, and we all continue to pay for and support it, I want the the one who invests in my football team ahead of the one who invests in property.

If we think that, as a fanbase we are morally superior to the tens of thousands of City and Newcastle fans who would never swap their owners for ours then we're fucking deluded.

How about you, matey?
Lots of deluded fans. Football is an extremely expensive business and requires multi-billionaire owners who can run them successfully by investing in the right players, managers etc to win trophies. At the end of the day playing nice exciting football doesn't get you anywhere if you dont win zilch bcos winning trophies brings in a lot of revenues and also attracts the best players to your club. Having the right structure to like Man City and Chelsea or Liverpool helps. Newcastle new owners solves just one big problem for the club, money but they will need other factors to be successful.

I have no love for Lewis/ENIC but I think it is pointless making comparisons about human rights abuses to making a few quid on the FX market.
Although making a few quid on the FX market is somewhat trivializing his ill gotten wealth, surely. And that's only the beginning of his moral questionablity, as we know.

Although making a few quid on the FX market is somewhat trivializing his ill gotten wealth, surely. And that's only the beginning of his moral questionablity, as we know.
There are scales here though, you might say Lewis is an opportunist and a morally questionable man, but in comparison to the Saudi regime, he's a fucking saint.

I don't think it's a good idea to use the Newcastle regime as a comparator, it's not the first example of sports washing and it won't be the last. The fans have no control who takes over or runs their club, which is why whether you love or despise ENIC, it makes no difference, they're not going away and neither are any owners who don't want to go.

There are scales here though, you might say Lewis is an opportunist and a morally questionable man, but in comparison to the Saudi regime, he's a fucking saint.

I don't think it's a good idea to use the Newcastle regime as a comparator, it's not the first example of sports washing and it won't be the last. The fans have no control who takes over or runs their club, which is why whether you love or despise ENIC, it makes no difference, they're not going away and neither are any owners who don't want to go.

I am finding it amazing that ENIC haters (and i have changed my opinion for the worse about them in recent seasons) are actually trying to compare them with the Saudi regime. I just makes their arguments look ridiculous and petty.

ENIC bad? Agree. As bad as the Saudi regime? Not even in the same ballpark.

There are no lines. If morally corrupt owners are infesting English football, and we all continue to pay for and support it, I want the the one who invests in my football team ahead of the one who invests in somebody else's. Or fucking property.

And so long as our own owners are getting fat of the wealth brought into the Premier Leagu by Sheikhs, Sultans and oil barons then we have no moral high ground to take.

How about you, matey?
Thanks for answering.

Perhaps I'm not the best person to be in this discussion because I actually stopped following us while Mourinho was in charge.

I support us for what we have done in the past, and have the hope that we may do something similar in the future. There are no guarantees. Our history is glorious and I hope to be alive in the day that we win.

I don't want us to turn into chavs while I wait.

How about you, matey?
John Thomas a person with zero morals ... who would have guessed that.

Back
Top Bottom