January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to do better than zero net spend

One look at our net spend over the past several years and you'll realize why we aren't competing in the top 4 or 6 for that matter
Maybe not at true zero net spend but I do think at the level we have spent it could have been done significantly better both in timing of outlays, selling of players, and in identification/recruitment of targets.

Signings I'd like the most in order would be Denis Zakaria, a good right back, Jack Grealish, Lucas Digne, Dejan Kulusevski and probably Zaha.

...maybe a cheeky Zlatan for half a season.
Good to see us linked with Kulusevski, he just needs the right club and will eventually end up top drawer. 21 is very young for a player and he is fast, skillful and a hard worker. I just don't think Juventus is a good fit for him.

It would be so typical if we got Kulusevski.

He looks so slow for a winger, and he can't play in tight spaces whatsoever. Juventus have a lot of garbage in that team (especially in wide positions, aside from Chiesa) and he stands out as being particularly bad.

I'd laugh very hard if we got Kulusevski. Dreadful player.

He looks so slow for a winger, and he can't play in tight spaces whatsoever. Juventus have a lot of garbage in that team (especially in wide positions, aside from Chiesa) and he stands out as being particularly bad.
People say he is the Swedish De Bruyne :nunoeyes:

The Italian press are linking us to Morata if Juventus gets Vlahovic.

Not an ideal get since he is not younger than Harry and has shown that he isn't able to carry an attack by himself. But in an attempt to be fair to him he's actually a fine striker. He gets around 15-20 goals a season in all competitions (just misses a lot of sitters), works hard and has no problem being part of a attacking duo or trio.

I wouldn't take him to out and out replace Kane. But as part of a attacking line up where he isn't expected to be the main man then sure.

The fact that he is only on loan at Juve and he and his wife reportedly did not enjoy living in London the first time around makes the deal unlikely tho in my opinion.

Not an ideal get since he is not younger than Harry and has shown that he isn't able to carry an attack by himself. But in an attempt to be fair to him he's actually a fine striker. He gets around 15-20 goals a season in all competitions (just misses a lot of sitters), works hard and has no problem being part of a attacking duo or trio.

I wouldn't take him to out and out replace Kane. But as part of a attacking line up where he isn't expected to be the main man then sure.

The fact that he is only on loan at Juve and he and his wife reportedly did not enjoy living in London the first time around makes the deal unlikely tho in my opinion.

Last thing we need; another lightweight pussy of a player.

He struggled last time in the EPL and still shows the signs that he would again.

Would be a great signing and miles better than the 2nd rate losers of late - Vinicius, Gedson, Jannsen, etc.

Imagine the millions wasted on agents alone - shameful by Levy

I genuinely don't get the point in these transfer threads.

Its a load of old bollox linking us with every player under the sun, none of which ever transpire, instead we always end up with some young prospect that everybody has to google like Danny Rose and the usual suspects will start gaslighting everyone that we've just signed the next Messi based on XG stats or some other waffle.

If he goes to Liverpool he will be their long term replacement for the ageing Mane. I bet he lights it up with the kop roaring him on.
He's a quality player who will flourish in the right system and alongside good teammates

Some of our fans still think the shitter Bergwjin is better - sometimes you get what you deserve...

He's a quality player who will flourish in the right system and alongside good teammates

Some of our fans still think the shitter Bergwjin is better - sometimes you get what you deserve...
Traore changes games, Bergwijn is mostly on the periphery of games. Traore is far better imo.
Most times when we play Wolves Traore gives us a torrid time and drives their entire team forward.

Something we badly miss

Traore changes games, Bergwijn is mostly on the periphery of games. Traore is far better imo.
Most times when we play Wolves Traore gives us a torrid time and drives their entire team forward.

Something we badly miss
Agreed - having a player who drags and occupies defenders has been long missing from this team - last player being Dembele and before him possibly prime Lennon

Back
Top Bottom