January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back to repeating the same thing? You know that doesn't make the logic anymore sound, right?

You've been banging on in here but haven't addressed this:
https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/january-2022-transfer-window.42620/post-3090922

Wow, appeal to the masses. They are never wrong are they?

Wow, appeal to authority. You are full of logical fallacies today and repeating yourself.
You've repeatedly stated that you, and others, knew Dier was a limited player lesser than Wanyama and should be sold, perpetuating the myth.

However, in the spring of 2017 you yourself intimated you often thought about whether or not someone would buy him to convince Dele to come along, undercutting similar claims about Dele.
I often wonder whether a team might go for Dier to encourage Alli to follow.

You also mused aloud how strange it could turn out to be that the future English captain would count as a foreign player in the PL, inferring that, you, too, at some level considered the hype over his play at the time to be legitimate and saw a potentially glittering future for him.
It's a bit odd that he might one day captain England, but be counted as a 'foreign' player in the PL squad...

And, pointedly, stated regarding Wanyama that you could not choose between them in our best side.
I think he's a direct swap for Wanyama currently.

That makes it difficult, as I can't pick between them in our best side.

You even joked that he was having to strengthen his back to carry United when they bought him.
Strengthening his back for carrying the whole united team when the Daily Mail finally sell him for us

But now, with the benefit of nearly 5 years of hindsight you "knew" his limitations and infer we were naive not to bite United's arm off when they came in for him.

Which is my point in all this - I'm tired of all these sofa chairmen trying to use hindsight to make revisionist claims about how we fucked up 5+ years ago and "they saw it coming". Prove it or zip it.

There's plenty of material on the record that shows very few people around here, or in the Spurs supporter base in general, wanted Dier or Dele sold back when, in hindsight, their value was at its peak - we all expected even more from them. Now there's this groundswell of revisionist historians cunting Levy off for not selling them - when those same people would have been up in arms had we actually done it.

There's nothing wrong with saying "yanno, looking back we should just sold Dier and Dele". Why does everyone have to pretend like they knew it all along? Its not a job interview, its an internet forum. Its ok to admit you missed it.

You guys figure all this out while I go flying tonight.

When i get back I expect 600 words minimum, concluding with a proof of who was wrong.

Only 600?

jim carrey coffee GIF

You've repeatedly stated that you, and others, knew Dier was a limited player lesser than Wanyama and should be sold, perpetuating the myth.

However, in the spring of 2017 you yourself intimated you often thought about whether or not someone would buy him to convince Dele to come along, undercutting similar claims about Dele.

You also mused aloud how strange it could turn out to be that the future English captain would count as a foreign player in the PL, inferring that, you, too, at some level considered the hype over his play at the time to be legitimate and saw a potentially glittering future for him.

And, pointedly, stated regarding Wanyama that you could not choose between them in our best side.

You even joked that he was having to strengthen his back to carry United when they bought him.

But now, with the benefit of nearly 5 years of hindsight you "knew" his limitations and infer we were naive not to bite United's arm off when they came in for him.

Which is my point in all this - I'm tired of all these sofa chairmen trying to use hindsight to make revisionist claims about how we fucked up 5+ years ago and "they saw it coming". Prove it or zip it.

There's plenty of material on the record that shows very few people around here, or in the Spurs supporter base in general, wanted Dier or Dele sold back when, in hindsight, their value was at its peak - we all expected even more from them. Now there's this groundswell of revisionist historians cunting Levy off for not selling them - when those same people would have been up in arms had we actually done it.

There's nothing wrong with saying "yanno, looking back we should just sold Dier and Dele". Why does everyone have to pretend like they knew it all along? Its not a job interview, its an internet forum. Its ok to admit you missed it.
:levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::nunolol::nunolol::nunolol::nunolol:

Swing and a miss!!!!

Damn MW, two days and all that work for nothing. I suggest you don't utilize avatar pictures to decide identity. I am not that person my man. You went through all that effort and time to find something to get your teeth into lol. You can go search SC if you'd like to find evidence.

Or bus-conductor bus-conductor or RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK could just back up my assertions...and they would be that I would have been more than happy to see the back of both Dele and Dier by summer 2017. Dier for 50M most definitely. But in 2015-16 I was more than happy to give him a shot at DM and felt he was serviceable...because he had a reduced remit and low expetations. The next year he tried to 'hunt' like Wanyama and it was clear he lack the athleticism and ability to play in 360*.

Just cause you keep missing doesn't mean others did. It's ok that you got it wrong. the problem is that you are still getting it wrong (Kane and Dele) and can't believe that others didn't. there's nothing wrong with being wrong Will. It's ok that you did. You don't have to double down on it and try to make everyone else wrong so you have company. It's ok to admit you are still missing it...by a mile.

All that work my man...:allitongue::allitongue::allitongue::allitongue::allitongue:

It's so funny I can't even read it. I was like "WTF? I didn't write that shit" lolololololol. So funny!

It was so well done by you that you even had me doubting myself FFS. ABsoluytely brilliant. This was the laugh I need today.

edit: my first post of any significance on Eric Dier round these parts (nov 2019)

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/eric-dier.11180/post-2078790

As you can see I was already going in pretty damn hard on him so any fair minded person would recognize/assume that my feelings had been simmering for some decent amount of time. But you can continue to believe what you believe ie you had it wrong so everyone else had it wrong too. And feel free to ascribe any other random posters posts to me and then bat them down while you're at it if you need that to make the same point you've been trying to make. Every needs to save face in whatever way they can I guess...it is the internet after all. At least it's more interesting that pulling out the hackneyed 'hindsight' defense.

Here's another for you Will...it's from a year prior to the previous (sept 2018) but like a month after I joined here. I'm in convo with RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK shredding our MF. I don't know what that other you posted was saying at this time so you might want to go check it out and get back to us.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum...rpool-15th-september-12-30.28400/post-1611018

It's not looking good for your hindsight argument.

Last edited:
:levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::levylol::nunolol::nunolol::nunolol::nunolol:

Swing and a miss!!!!

Damn MW, two days and all that work for nothing. I suggest you don't utilize avatar pictures to decide identity. I am not that person my man. You went through all that effort and time to find something to get your teeth into lol. You can go search SC if you'd like to find evidence.

Or bus-conductor bus-conductor or RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK could just back up my assertions...and they would be that I would have been more than happy to see the back of both Dele and Dier by summer 2017. Dier for 50M most definitely. But in 2015-16 I was more than happy to give him a shot at DM and felt he was serviceable...because he had a reduced remit and low expetations. The next year he tried to 'hunt' like Wanyama and it was clear he lack the athleticism and ability to play in 360*.

Just cause you keep missing doesn't mean others did. It's ok that you got it wrong. the problem is that you are still getting it wrong (Kane and Dele) and can't believe that others didn't. there's nothing wrong with being wrong Will. It's ok that you did. You don't have to double down on it and try to make everyone else wrong so you have company. It's ok to admit you are still missing it...by a mile.

All that work my man...:allitongue::allitongue::allitongue::allitongue::allitongue:
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

It really wasn't a lot of work. The search function on this site might be its only real weakness, but its still pretty useful.

I totally thought you were the same. Its a pretty odd avatar for 2 people to land on, particularly given that he went out not too long before you came in. Doppelgangered.

Shame, I generally liked CJJ CJJ and now I have to judge you on your own merits.

5ae8283948154-bootleg-avengers-characters-obvious-plant-coverimage.jpg

It really wasn't a lot of work. The search function on this site might be its only real weakness, but its still pretty useful.
Well, it was more work than was necessary. But the search function is weak and I don't typically use it because results are rarely what I expect.
I totally thought you were the same. Its a pretty odd avatar for 2 people to land on, particularly given that he went out not too long before you came in. Doppelgangered.
Can't beat sexy Poch.
Shame, I generally liked CJJ CJJ @CJJ and now I have to judge you on your own merits.
Don't really know exactly what you're trying to imply here...you should just say what you mean. But ignoring the passive-aggressive, judging someone on their own merits is exactly what we've been going back and forth about.

You keep wanting to normalize your take on Dier (and other players) as a way to avoid saying you had it wrong and not give due credit to others. You've gone to great lengths to dismiss me and Deuterz Deuterz as hindsighters instead of taking us at our word. To that end you've used any number of logical fallacies to wiggle away from giving credit...up to and including ad homs. And it doesn't escape notice that you still have avoided doing just that.

Now I've posted supportive evidence of my take going back some time. Sure, it's not conclusive. I will grant you that. But it is from 2 years ago and 3 years ago that shows a person absolutely fed up with Dier's (and other's) midfield shenanigans. It was easy, I just looked for the first Liverpool game after my time over here. Wouldn't be hard for a fair-minded person to conclude that the genesis of these feelings occurred some decent time before that...which would easily place it in the summer of 2017.

But a tip, stay away from mass opinion on this site or any other football site...or in fact anything. The masses are asses. I would have figured you'd have known that considering your political positions. But if you judge me on my own merits you'll see I get it right a hell of a lot more than I get it wrong...and a hell of a lot more than the vast majority on this site. And when I do get it wrong I'll admit it...because I want to learn from it. But it's galling to suffer mass backlash when you present a contrary opinion only for conventional wisdom to finally catch up and be told yours is hindsight.

I shall drop this now.

He is shit, utter shit. He bottles every big chance and already flopped once in England, if he is our replacement for Kane we may as well give up and liquidate the club.

We need to focus on adding young talents who can explode, we shouldn’t be signing anybody over 25 unless it’s a free transfer and a truly elite player.
I wouldn't say that he flopped in England.

24 goals in a season and a half for Chelsea is perfectly average numbers. That's the thing. He's an average striker but not good enough to be the main man.

I am not saying that we should replace Kane with him. But having him alongside Son and another, younger talent that can grow into being the main man could work hypothetically.

He's not my personal first choice to replace Harry at all. I was just trying to be fair to the bloke. He'd do the Llorente role decently enough.

Last edited:

24 goals in a season and a half for Chelsea is perfectly average numbers. That's the thing. He's an average striker but not good enough to be the main man.

5fzdQe.png

16 in 47 EPL games. 3008 minutes.....

I am not saying that we should replace Kane with him. But having him alongside Son and another, younger talent that can grow into being the main man could work hypothetically.

He's not my personal first choice to replace Harry at all. I was just trying to be fair to the bloke. He'd do the Llorente role decently enough.

Bench player; fair enough... Not sold otherwise tho.

This is apparently the creme de la creme of the U18 market worldwide according to Marca (via Transfermarket). What would be our chances of attracting Alemdar, Kaiky, Livramento or Wirst - not necessarily in January but in summer for example?

Are they all they're cracked up to be?

16342079437468.jpg

Last edited:

The Llorente role eg offer less than zero threat in the PL.

This is apparently the creme de la creme of the U18 market worldwide according to Marca (via Transfermarket). What would be our chances of attracting Alemdar, Kaiky, Livramento or Wirst - not necessarily in January but in summer for example?

Are they all they're cracked up to be?

16342079437468.jpg
Wirtz staying at Leverkusen until 2023, I think. Don't see any of those all that likely for us to move on, Livramento would be nice but we've just signed a 22yo right back.

Ryan Cherki would be the u18 I'd go for. Amine Gouiri another (21) who'll be on the move in the next year or so, very similar to Firmino, think he'll be a top player. A young German defender, Nico Schlotterbeck(21, Freiburg), I think he has the look of a serious cb. Caqueret (21) centre mid, Mohamad Bayo (23, striker) another two I think would be suitable for us.

The player linked to us I wouldn't be surprised to see movement on is Dejan Kulusevski. I know some on here aren't too high on him, I think he'd be a good signing, though we should probably be looking at a more athletic RW. Best signing we could make is Raphina imo, though there's no hope.

The player linked to us I wouldn't be surprised to see movement on is Dejan Kulusevski. I know some on here aren't too high on him, I think he'd be a good signing, though we should probably be looking at a more athletic RW. Best signing we could make is Raphina imo, though there's no hope.
I could definitely see us make a move for Kulusevski. He's a right wing player, which we lack in depth on. And Paratici knows him from Juventus.

That he is also able to play as a ten and as a striker is only a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom