January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They have completely overspent.

.....but still; why would DCL want to go to the scum?

(I know they can't spend any more, but I don't know the numbers involved...... They need to sell players to avoid punishment?)

Last edited:
.....but still; why would DCL want to go to the scum?

(I know can't spend any more, but I don't know the numbers involved...... They need to sell players to avoid punishment?)
I don’t think they need to sell, this summer has stabilised their numbers to comply with financial rules. They’ve lost 100’s of millions for the last few years and you can’t do that for 3 consecutive years. However, a big money sale will only help their P and L and allow them to reinvest. If I was DCL, I would see them and us as a step up.

I don’t think they need to sell, this summer has stabilised their numbers to comply with financial rules.

Much like I thought. They'd just exceeded the spending cap.

They’ve lost 100’s of millions for the last few years and you can’t do that for 3 consecutive years. However, a big money sale will only help their P and L and allow them to reinvest.

Their issue isn't how much cash they (don't) have in the bank. As I'm sure you realise, FFP doesn't operate on that basis.

Another season brings the ability for them to spend again......

Unless they have an unknown mega-gem on their radar; selling their star striker (whom they'd be expecting to improve further given his age) would be suicidal in terms of their immediate targets.

If I was DCL, I would see them and us as a step up.

Depends how the player views the game I'spose.....

- Wages?
- Historical status?
- Current standing?

Last edited:
Considering how hormonal he is on here it concerns me his lack of passion and fight to see a winning successful club just seems happy to drift very weird.

What "fight" are you showing exactly?

Whinging and constantly prophecising doom beyond our current state doesn't count.

.....Neither does "I wish we were Man City".

Do your magic levy …

54 year old professional striker , playing in Japan

No Money GIF by Bank Cler

Back
Top Bottom