Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deuterz Deuterz ’s Twitter lies exposed again

Yes, because I definitely didn't say that they were unconfirmed and we should wait to see whether it was true or not. And I definitely wasn't going off what other people were posting in another thread, and making it very clear it wasn't some official source.

Also what other twitter lies? When you tried to deny managers used xG as I posted you live interviews of a manager using xG?

So goal contributions don’t matter when it comes to Son

Nope. Didn't say they don't matter.

as it’s the overall play that matters most.

...Nor have I stated that in the sense that it's an absolute.

Simply that when one is not contributing G&As there is still scope for them to contribute in other ways (in this case, when you're there to create, link up, dribble, breach defenses and at times support your full-back).

Hence even if he has a decent goal contribution record during his ‘rough patch’ it’s irrelevant.

No; I said that a player's position is irrelevant as to whether of not they have the scope to be inconsistent.

Stop false-quoting.

LOL nothing.

But when people like you talk about Kane’s game,

People like me?

You mean people that are more than happy to critique him that just don't concede to the extremity of your obsessive, ridiculous misson to down-rate him to the level of Carlton fucking Cole.

they solely point to his goal record,

Funnily enough a CF will more often that not be judged primarily according to their goal record..... However that's not to say they can't contribute in other ways.

Unless of course, you're saying that it's ok for a winger to do fuck all if they're not racking up G&As; yet a striker must be relentlessly undermined should they not score in their first 5 games of the season?

disregarding the fact that he doesn’t do much other than penalties and tap ins.

See this is the peak bollocks part.....

You sound like the jealous gooner twats calling him a "one season wonder".

I won't dignify it any further.

Interesting.

:sonhmm:

No. It's not "interesting" because you're at the stage in the discussion where you'll just shit-house any random comment you can create a superficially smart-ass angle from.

Clearly we're done here.

Last edited:
Dope. Didn't say they don't matter.

...Nor have I stated that in the sense that it's an absolute.

Simply that when one is not contributing G&As there is still scope for them to contribute in other ways (in this case, when you're there to create, link up, dribble, breach defenses and at times support your full-back).

No; I said that a players position is irrelevant as to whether of not they have the scope to be inconsistent.

Stop false-quoting.

LOL nothing.

People like me?

You mean people that are more than happy to critique him that just don't concede to the extremity of your obsessive, ridiculous misson to down-rate him to the level of Carlton fucking Cole.

Funnily enough a CF will more often that not be judged primarily according to their goal record..... However that's not to say they can't contribute in other ways.

Unless of course, you're saying that it's ok for a winger to do fuck all if they're not racking up G&As; yet a striker must be relentlessly undermined should they not score in their first 5 games of the season?

See this is the peak bollocks part.....

You sound like the jealous gooner twats calling him a "one season wonder".

I won't dignify it any further.

No. It's not "interesting" because you're just at the stage in the discussion where you're just shit-house and random comment you can create a superficially smart-ass angle from.

Clearly we're done here.
Oh god. Airfixx Airfixx getting very upset as usual at anyone praising Son, particularly when praising him makes Kane look anything less than the best attacker on the squad.

He could have just liked my post that showed Son has been the most clinical forward in Europe since 2016. But of course, he has to try and discredit it.

So typical. Fell right into my trap.

:sonlol:

Oh god. Airfixx Airfixx getting very upset

Grow up... I'm not upset.

as usual at anyone praising Son,

You mean the guy I've twice called a "Cracking Player" in this very discussion?

particularly when praising him makes Kane look anything less than the best attacker on the squad.

Nothing to do with it.

He could have just liked my post that showed Son has been the most clinical forward in Europe since 2016. But of course, he has to try and discredit it.

I made no attempt to discredit it.... I (foolishly?) responded to your argument that those stats proved he wasn't subject to poor periods of form. More fool me granted.

So typical. Fell right into my trap.

:sonlol:

Jeeeezus! Your "trap"??? ......You're really that pathetic?

Sad.

Right? Airfixx Airfixx , the guy that has 500,000 posts in a couple years saying that? That’s hilarious isn’t it?

50,000 in 5/6 years, but hey if lies are all you have left then fill your boots.

As per your shit-housing, faux-indignation about off-topic spam, you'd best concern yourself with something else though.

Last edited:
Airfixx Airfixx

Here's a snapshot of some of Harry's 'rough patches' over the last 3 seasons when you take out penalties. It actually doesn't look much better w/ penalties but lets do an apples-apples comparison.

Current (6 apps) - 0 goal contributions
20/12/16 - 21/3/4 (12 apps) - 5 goal contributions
19/8/17 - 19/12/4 (13 apps) - 5 goal contributions
18/9/2 - 18/10/29 (7 apps) - 1 goal contribution

Fitness issues or not, during these stretch of games, he's had some god awful games. And for avoidance of doubt, he has a rough patch every year, like Son does.

Compare this with Son's 'rough patch' last year that you referenced where he had 7 goal contributions in 14 apps. Yes, not up to Sons usual standard but its not too dissimilar to one of Kanes rough patches as far as output goes. That said, if you consider Son to be patchy, Kane is 'patchy' as well b/c he does even less off the ball particularly when he’s off it. We rarely see him win headers, hold up play, make unselfish runs, be physical in the box etc

So to call Son a patchy player repeatedly when Kane is statistically just as patchy is not right.

I personally don't consider them more or less patchy than other players because all players go through similar rough patches.

Last edited:
Airfixx Airfixx

Here's a snapshot............. blah

Just noticed you've since altered and/or deleted numerous posts from our conversation (a number of which were you behaving like a troll)..... To retroactively paint yourself in a better light no doubt.

Poor show.

Last edited:
Airfixx Airfixx
I personally don't consider them more or less patchy than other players because all players go through similar rough patches.

One look at your incessant shit talking over Kane's last 5 games shows this claim to be utter bullshit.

You'd been brewing that post up for nearly 6 hours and that's what you come up with......? Lame.

It’s hilarious that in order to justify Kane playing shit, people are bringing up a player who’s outperformed him.

I saw someone use a 12 game period to gauge Sons conversion rate while ignoring Kane’s 7 year period

It’s hilarious that in order to justify Kane playing shit, people are bringing up a player who’s outperformed him.

I saw someone use a 12 game period to gauge Sons conversion rate while ignoring Kane’s 7 year period

The conversation is ultimately nothing to do with Kane....... These criticisms of Son surface of their own accord throughout the past seasons.

Be honest, you can pick ONE of Kane or Son to play 90 today.
Who is it?

It's obvious who is in better form right now..... Son.

Much like the answer would naturally be Kane if Son was in a shit run of form.

I'd rather play both if possible though......

Seeing as my position is not to argue who's best to begin with..... This is a moot question anyway.

I'm entirely prepared to critique Kane....... How many more times must this need to be pointed outffs!?!?!?

It's obvious who is in better form right now..... Son.

Much like the answer would naturally be Kane if Son was in a shit run of form.

I'd rather play both if possible though......

Seeing as my position is not to argue who's best to begin with..... This is a moot question anyway.

I'm entirely prepared to critique Kane....... How many more times must this need to be pointed outffs!?!?!?
So if you had one choice, you’d drop Kane for Son.

So you’re not so confident that this world class player will find form anytime soon against relegation fodder

So if you had one choice, you’d drop Kane for Son.

So you’re not so confident that this world class player will find form anytime soon against relegation fodder

No, that's your projection; not mine......

My take is fully explained in the post you just replied to.

Why would I want to drop a player who's playing well for one that isn't?

Back
Top Bottom