Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yawn. Didn't say this. Second time you've repeated a lie.

Liverpool were comfortable, but not because of a tactical error to my mind, but because Sissoko chucked an arm in the air and gave them a free goal, and because the personnel lacked the ability to change the game.

We got in to some OK positions and were not struggling defensively, so the overall setup was okay. If Pochettino made errors it was with team selection, I didn't see a glaring tactical mistake he's meant to have made. Guilty of not being creative enough at worst.
Watch it again and try and find one decent chance that we made but not surprising with ten men

So our tactics were so good they couldn’t deal with going 1-0 down

Our tactics were based around a system we didn’t have players for, but were good?

We were playing Liverpool. They got 100 points and just won 4-0 vs Barcelona to get to the final. You can have a setup which isn't too bad and still lose a game to two close moments vs them, you're aware right? It doesn't have to be a disasterclass from the manager.

Both teams setup fairly decently, but we had Sissoko give away a pen and Origi showed a bit of quality. I didn't say Pochettino's setup was genius, but it was demonstrably fine and gave the players a platform to get opportunities, which they didn't take.

It's called balance. He made an error in starting Kane because he didn't look right. The rest of the team was basically correct.

Watch it again and try and find one decent chance that we made but not surprising with ten men

We didn't have any clear cut chances, but nor did they (aside from a stupid penalty which was a gift). It was a tight match, which shows me Pochettino didn't get the setup wrong, since they had better players than we did and yet we restricted them.

Son had a solid half chance though, and Lucas had a chance from inside the box. Neither chances were worse than the one Origi scored from. There were a few other half chances but VVD and Alisson played very well.

Again, you can criticise him for playing Kane and that's fair. But as a team we looked pretty structured and played a reasonable game.

Last edited:
Anyway, that's the last I'm gonna talk about the pissing CL final.

As spursmalc rightly points out, it's not relevant and the discussion is tired now.

Today is a huge game for Kane. Another game without a good performance and the media attention on him could start to seriously ramp up. I'm surprised at how quiet it's been really, they've been pretty kind to him.

We didn't have any clear cut chances, but nor did they (aside from a stupid penalty which was a gift). It was a tight match, which shows me Pochettino didn't get the setup wrong, since they had better players than we did and yet we restricted them.

Son had a solid half chance though, and Lucas had a chance from inside the box. Neither chances were worse than the one Origi scored from. There were a few other half chances but VVD and Alisson played very well.

Again, you can criticise him for not playing Kane and that's fair. But as a team we looked pretty structured and played a reasonable game.

‘Not playing Kane’??

But we didn’t restrict them at all they just parked the bus and we never looked like getting through because we were playing with ten men

That’s down to Poch

Look, even if Kane were fit for the CL final, he wasn’t going to do shit anyway. Why? Because he’s a flat track bully that struggles against decent/good opposition. We were going to be playing with 10 men if Kane were starting. It’s as simple as that.

We were playing Liverpool. They got 100 points and just won 4-0 vs Barcelona to get to the final. You can have a setup which isn't too bad and still lose a game to two close moments vs them, you're aware right? It doesn't have to be a disasterclass from the manager.

Both teams setup fairly decently, but we had Sissoko give away a pen and Origi showed a bit of quality. I didn't say Pochettino's setup was genius, but it was demonstrably fine and gave the players a platform to get opportunities, which they didn't take.

It's called balance. He made an error in starting Kane because he didn't look right. The rest of the team was basically correct.

He definitely did not make an error in starting Kane.

‘Not playing Kane’??

But we didn’t restrict them at all they just parked the bus and we never looked like getting through because we were playing with ten men

That’s down to Poch

**for playing!

That's fair. As I said, I'll leave it there. That games better off left to the past now.

Good game today and great goal

I’ll expect some people to truly masturbate because he’s playing like he should, but this is what I expect from Kane.

It’s not party time, is the bare minimum I’d expect from him in a game like this. A quality performance.

The opposition was shite, and he did his thing, as he often does against these sides.
Hopefully he can carry it on, we need the points regardless of the level of opponents

His passing was on point today. Really showed off the range he has, undeniably the best passer of the ball in our entire squad, way better at it than any of our midfielders. And Newcastle gave him the space and time to make use of it.

Back
Top Bottom