The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ian Darke ? Swear it was Martin Tyler, and you are correct. He literally said “oooo nooooo” when we got the winner. You would think a neutral commentator would at least pretend to be excited after such a thrilling conclusion.

Made it all the sweeter and had me screaming like a lunatic.

Was going to include him but I can't remember him, just the Holy Trinity I mentioned
Was an old Xmas present I got as a nipper

His book of world soccer with a photo of Jimmy Greaves on the front cover scoring for England

Last edited:
Ian Darke ? Swear it was Martin Tyler, and you are correct. He literally said “oooo nooooo” when we got the winner. You would think a neutral commentator would at least pretend to be excited after such a thrilling conclusion.

I was at this game amazingly in the home end at the portacabin stadium, the faces on our dear pie and mash munchers was priceless.

Because there was absolutely no way they could keep that intensity up, they put everything into 15 minutes.......unfortunately the match is a little bit longer than that
Has Matt not watched any FA cup tie against any lower divison team for...Well like ever. Win every thing for first 15 then blowing out their ass for 75 as their goalkeeper picks up six. We should have had at least another five imho.

Last edited:
We ar
I think they’ve got a reasonably chance. Every team will up their game against them. Nobody wants their owners in the league. If they go down then that’s a massive plus for every club in the division.
good for the championship as well, they are likely to come straight back up but would raise the division profile
Be lovely if the following season they could raise the profile of Div 1

There's been no wankfest for Nuno.... Only comments I've noted about him are complaints at the lack of subs.

Rubbish..... They didn't look good at all....

10m opening where they blew their load. We were completely dominant otherwise.... Biggest criticism ought to be that we shifted into 2nd gear and didn't go for the throat in the second half.

Scoreline flatters them; but they didn't look good.

So, visibly and repeatedly lacking the quality to break and struggling to get on the ball for long spells amounts to them looking good?

Hmmmmm....

5CTWN4.png

Nah... No shape to that at all. :roll
That graphic is actually the most perfect shape for our formation and players that can ever be.

My wife and I got back from Newcastle this afternoon having traveled up early yesterday morning. It is an amazing city on a match day, the place is absolutely buzzing and the pride and passion of the Newcastle supporters for their club is heartwarming. I wish them well going forward and sincerely hope the influx of vast wealth does not diminish the heart and soul of this proud club.
Fantastic stadium , bang in the centre of town and the 140 step climb to the away end certainly tests your stamina. We were in the very front row so had an excellent view albeit you are far from the pitch.Our away support was, as always, immense.
Wishing the supporter who was taken ill a full and speedy recovery and well done to our players for their reactions and help in orchestrating assistance.
On the pitch I thought there were lots of strong performances and I was particularly impressed by Oliver Skipp. I look forward to watching it back tomorrow.Typically Tottenham to win 3-2 when it could and probably should have been 4-1 or 5-1.
All in all a fantastic away trip, if you haven’t been I would thoroughly recommend it.COYS!!!!

My wife and I got back from Newcastle this afternoon having traveled up early yesterday morning. It is an amazing city on a match day, the place is absolutely buzzing and the pride and passion of the Newcastle supporters for their club is heartwarming. I wish them well going forward and sincerely hope the influx of vast wealth does not diminish the heart and soul of this proud club.
Fantastic stadium , bang in the centre of town and the 140 step climb to the away end certainly tests your stamina. We were in the very front row so had an excellent view albeit you are far from the pitch.Our away support was, as always, immense.
Wishing the supporter who was taken ill a full and speedy recovery and well done to our players for their reactions and help in orchestrating assistance.
On the pitch I thought there were lots of strong performances and I was particularly impressed by Oliver Skipp. I look forward to watching it back tomorrow.Typically Tottenham to win 3-2 when it could and probably should have been 4-1 or 5-1.
All in all a fantastic away trip, if you haven’t been I would thoroughly recommend it.COYS!!!!
Nice to know what newcastle away is like as never been there. If i go there one day will certainly bear in mind that 140 step walk. Going to burnley away next wednesday. Ticket was only 15 quid.

One final note on this match is Martin Tyler's disgraceful commentary. He roared his head off when the toon scored first then was virtually silent, mumbling away when Tottenham scored.

He should be more professional than that and he even denegrated Harry Kane's goal saying Kane probably knew he was offside (hence the cool skillful finish), which he was not!

Martin Tyler shows the hatred he has for Spurs because he believes his paymasters Sky support Woolwich and that's what they want to hear. He should be sacked or aware of complaints about his rotten commentary in that match which is not up to Sky's high standards (if they have any).
Agreed. Never forget when we beat Westham 4-3 in that thriller with the Stalteri goal, the commentary from him when we scored our goals were so subdued, despite how thrilling the game was. All the goals from us were met with lack of enjoyment, where as all of Westham’s goals were excitable reactions. I believe when Lamela scored against United in our final white hart Lane game, he went nuts, but in general he seems to be very silent when Spurs score
It was Ian Darke (which I guess just further proves the point) - he genuinely said "oh no!" when Stalteri scored

I'm pretty sure it's Martin Tyler.... and it's DEFINITELY "ohhhhhh NOOOOO" (from Andy Gray as well!)
I dunno if it's anti-SPURS per-se... but they definitely seem to get more excited and vocal when one of their beloved Sky 4 score goals!!!

Back
Top Bottom