Burnley v. Spurs Wed, Oct 27 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We're talking about challenging for top 4.

Which we presently are.

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Yeah, they were. Created the better chances. The statistics show this. All we had over them was more of the football, which is a completely useless thing to have when you don't use said possession to create opportunities.

They had more shots, same shots on target, more xG. And just from watching the game you could see who looked more dangerous when they actually got it in to forward positions. Some of you have mistaken stale possession of the ball for being the better side.
I disagree.

It wasn't my perception that they were calm while we were passing the ball around them.

We give up more than our fair share of goals off of corners.

Nobody 'challenges for top 4' just because of where they are in the table 9 games in. There have been seasons where teams like Blackpool or Hull are up there in the table after this number of matches. The table is an utterly meaningless representation of where a team is at right now.

Unless you genuinely think Brighton are in a top 4 challenge, shut up. We had this same nonsense after the Vila game where people focused on the league table rather than how we had been playing.

Im
Confused

Are you saying we might be bottom half or relegated

I disagree.

It wasn't my perception that they were calm while we were passing the ball around them.

We give up more than our fair share of goals off of corners.

Keeping the ball in football is utterly meaningless if you do not do anything with it. Even masters of possession like Xavi say this, we had the ball but it was sterile possession. Zero chance creation. If you can't use the ball to carve out opportunities, you're best off playing without it and relying on counters.

Whether they were or weren't calm is irrelevant. The facts are that they created more clear cut opportunities than we did. You can deny this all you like and talk about YOUR perception, but the stats clearly show this. What you think doesn't actually really matter to anybody.

Keeping the ball in football is utterly meaningless if you do not do anything with it. Even masters of possession like Xavi say this, we had the ball but it was sterile possession. Zero chance creation. If you can't use the ball to carve out opportunities, you're best off playing without it and relying on counters.

Whether they were or weren't calm is irrelevant. The facts are that they created more clear cut opportunities than we did. You can deny this all you like and talk about YOUR perception, but the stats clearly show this. What you think doesn't actually really matter to anybody.
You may be right Room duder.

I'll rewatch the match at some point.

My recollections from first half:
Ndombele penalty shout no call.
Son in clear miss.
Kane header miss.

Challenging? Ignore the table it's 9 games in and has zero relevance but on what fucking planet are we 'challenging' the top 4 teams?

Someone saying "challenging for top 4" doesn't mean they're claiming that we're in the title race.

Top three is a locked-off mini-league of it's own....

From there, it's 3 or 4 clubs with an eye on that last place.

Bit early to get too excited about the table though; I agree......

Last edited:
Even if we don't get top 4, if we take the conference seriously, we'll get a trophy and the EL. Right this moment, based on our erratic performances, I'd take that.

That -4 GD... is that... ENIC's fault too?
Who bought the players ? Have nothing bar a starting eleven , & that’s questionable ? Talked about free flowing football & brought in Cpt Beige & the Charisma Crew? Was it the Glaizers ? Abramovich? Do you know who runs the club?

Managers are scapegoats when it goes , which it constantly has , tits up.

Who bought the players ? Have nothing bar a starting eleven , & that’s questionable ? Talked about free flowing football & brought in Cpt Beige & the Charisma Crew? Was it the Glaizers ? Abramovich? Do you know who runs the club?

Managers are scapegoats when it goes , which it constantly has , tits up.
Lol.

Super annoying and frustrating result today for sure.

Back
Top Bottom