Burnley v. Spurs Wed, Oct 27 19:45 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally just got back. Think that’s my limit for away day travelling in my vintage years. Half the motorways closed too and the scenic routes aren’t very scenic in pitch black. God knows how many speeding tickets I’ve picked up.

Hope it was a useful run out for the players but it wasn’t a great watch. Burnley were gash… but maybe we defended well too. Skipp was impressive - very energetic. Forward play lacked a cutting edge. Kane was a distraction and stopped other players from going for goal themselves more. He needs to be find form now or be shifted on. Swapping him for Sonny would have been a better sub.

Half hearted applause from the players at the end was quite poor. Burnley on a Wednesday night is a heck of an effort. Only Sonny properly came over and have his shirt. He is our main man. As for their fans, what a weird and tragic bunch of Neanderthal wankers.

I'm going. I'm so excited!
Tired Charles Barkley GIF by NBA on TNT

A few of us will probably get carded by Mrs P!
Sorry to have missed the banter. Just want to make a few observations before trying to get a bit of shut-eye on the coach home.
Okay first half, once we got Sonny and Tanguy on, thought we were going for an all out attack, and looked good up to the time we scored. We should have gone for the kill, but we let them attack us and so spent the last 10 minutes or so on tenterhooks. Luckily they couldn't hit the target and we got away with it, don't think we will against a better side.
I was surprised to see their end behind the goal nearly empty and they weren't very noisy.
On individual pages performances- I thought that PEH, Skippy, Ben, Gio and Cuti had decent games. I thought that Kane was pretty dreadful, he looked lethargic, but to be fair he doesn't seem to get a lot of protection from refs anymore, especially the case tonight.
Great to see Aaron Lennon get a great reception, but was then worried he might actually score!
All in all, just glad we got through what could have been a tricky tie and onwards to the next round. As long as it's not a London Derby, we might be all right :)

Last edited:
So, who’s stupid enough to be actually going to this?

:mourweird:

Wonder what squad No-no has in mind.

Walker
Nethercott
Dier
Tramezzani
The North Circular

Adele
A pint of Hopspur
3 piece meal from Chick-King
Dominguez

Postiga
Christian Gross’ tube ticket

Good Luck to Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman and all those other brave souls who are actually going to this game. If you find yourself next to Mrs P and she's gabbling on at you, whatever she says, DO NOT DISAGREE.
We're at a service station along the M1, enjoying a nice cup of Rosie, eating some of the mountain of food I packed. Five coaches from Lee Valley. Loads of Citeh fans going in the opposite direction. It's not raining, so all good so far. :) COYS

I am pleased with the development of Emerson and Romero. They are looking much more robust. Our defence played well tonight, even against a feeble opponent.

Going forward we are shocking. Nuno will not survive the international break if we keep going 60 minutes without a shot on target.

I would play the strongest team we can possibly field in this game. We need to stop all this bullshit about resting players for PL games because this squad has zero depth and we're not strong enough to rotate.

Winning is a mentality, one we don't have, and we're not going to get it by constantly playing weakened 2nd 11's in cup competitions.

Back
Top Bottom