Tottenham the most dangerous attack under mourinho in first 5 games!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Attack! Attack! Attack Attack Attack!

emily-atack-at-film-premiere-2018-1544970617.jpg
It's amazing what makeup can do.

Trade-descriptions-act level.

giphy.gif

I'm holding my breath. We were pathetic against Man U.

We look much improved under Jose, but still very far from our best. Running the score up on Burnley only counts so much, as wonderful as it was to see.

Taken in isolation the game against United was poor, but then they went to City and deserved to win and they're the only team to take a single point against Liverpool all season in the league. Their home record is actually very good and it's entirely possible they've been a little unfairly written off at times this season.
I also think the entire bad performance was due to playing Winks. I would only use Winks when we're 3-0 up and want to hold the game up.

Better than last game v them no?

If you mean better than the last game I assume you mean better than the last game against United and if so - no. We battered them senseless in the last match. I still can't fathom how we lost it.

Taken in isolation the game against United was poor, but then they went to City and deserved to win and they're the only team to take a single point against Liverpool all season in the league. Their home record is actually very good and it's entirely possible they've been a little unfairly written off at times this season.
I also think the entire bad performance was due to playing Winks. I would only use Winks when we're 3-0 up and want to hold the game up.

Ridiculous bias... There were under par performances all over the pitch.

Did Winks give away a silly pen or cause Gaz to concede at his near post...?

...Or allow Rashford to cruise down our right wing over and over?

Nope.

Ridiculous bias... There were under par performances all over the pitch.

Did Winks give away a silly pen or cause Gaz to concede at his near post...?

...Or allow Rashford to cruise down our right wing over and over?

Nope.
Did we get better as soon as Winks went off? Yes. Pundits even said the same after the match.
Were me considerably better against Burnley without Winks? Yes.
Were we much, much better away to Red Star without Winks? Yes.
Were we much, much better at home to Red Star without Winks? Yes.
Shall I keep finding games we won comfortably when he wasn't involved?

He offers nothing. He receives the ball and then immediately passes it straight back to the player who gave it to it him. Absolute nothingness.

Just stumbled across this thread.

Early stages of Mourinho when we were scoring for fun. And we sacked him because he was too negative.
And also, LOL at people who still thought Winks was a footballer by the time Mourinho came. Some of us figured out he was a fraud well, well before then.

Just stumbled across this thread.

Early stages of Mourinho when we were scoring for fun. And we sacked him because he was too negative.
And also, LOL at people who still thought Winks was a footballer by the time Mourinho came. Some of us figured out he was a fraud well, well before then.
He got a very short term bounce. From Chelsea at home pre xmas 2019 we were shite. We had a brief spell start of the next season and then turned to shite again. It was an utterly miserable 18 months.

He got a very short term bounce. From Chelsea at home pre xmas 2019 we were shite. We had a brief spell start of the next season and then turned to shite again. It was an utterly miserable 18 months.
We were dying under poch and finished much better than where we could have ended up. Even last season from december to when mouinho got sacked we were completely shit. But we were 1st in the league after many games. I wouldnt say 18 months of misery but more like 4 months.

Other than that first 5 or 6 games it was really grim bar the 2nd half at Southampton and Utd away a year ago. Nuno was the wrong appointment but it doesnt make sacking Mourinho the wro g decision, in fact he should have gone a lot earlier than he did.
Sacking Mourinho before the cup final was a criminally bad decision - and then appointing a clueless buffoon to give his Instagram mates a run. All to save a few bob - the tight bald cunt

We were dying under poch and finished much better than where we could have ended up. Even last season from december to when mouinho got sacked we were completely shit. But we were 1st in the league after many games. I wouldnt say 18 months of misery but more like 4 months.
You cant possibly know where we'd have finished under Poch. Even if he had to go Mourinho was such a bad choice for this club. The football to get us top was never sustainable, it was horrible to watch bar 1.5 games. I'm still delighted he isnt here anymore, although a lot less delighted with his mini me replacement.

Other than that first 5 or 6 games it was really grim bar the 2nd half at Southampton and Utd away a year ago. Nuno was the wrong appointment but it doesnt make sacking Mourinho the wro g decision, in fact he should have gone a lot earlier than he did.

With Mourinho, even when it's bad, you have a feeling that we can get wins. With Nono, unless we're playing a team with even less motivation than us, we're going to get done. There were indeed times to sack Mourinho before he got sacked, but doing it when we did was nothing more than a money saving move by Daniel Greedy. There is absolutely no logical sense in sacking a serial winner before a final and putting a noob in instead.

Sacking Mourinho before the cup final was a criminally bad decision - and then appointing a clueless buffoon to give his Instagram mates a run. All to save a few bob - the tight bald cunt

Yeah but it cost less to sack him. So ENIC are doing the best for Spurs therefor it's better than the 90's and thus, as the 90's were the only other decade ever, best ever.
Come on, join the cult.

You cant possibly know where we'd have finished under Poch. Even if he had to go Mourinho was such a bad choice for this club. The football to get us top was never sustainable, it was horrible to watch bar 1.5 games. I'm still delighted he isnt here anymore, although a lot less delighted with his mini me replacement.
We knew what was happening with poch in the end. Almost a full year of shite football and no signs of improving.

Back
Top Bottom