Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the league, we've scored 9 goals. Only 4 teams have scored less. Teams in 16, 17th, 18th and 20th
Our goal difference is -4. Only 5 teams have a worse goal difference than us. They're in 14th, 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th

We stink. We really do. People say the table doesn't lie and when 38 games have been played, it rarely does. During the season, a better gauge of where a team are and will go, is the GD IMO.
Nah mate. You could end up giving a shit team a proper drubbing and the goal difference would look extremely different based on 1 game.

Koeman fucking sucks
I both agree and don't at the same time.

He's proved with the Dutch national team, Southampton and his Feyenoord side (and his first year at Everton) that he can have teams play some really good football. Even his Barca side had a good run and won the Copa last season. Then he has all his other appointments were it doesn't work.

He is both really good and really bad at the same time.

I both agree and don't at the same time.

He's proved with the Dutch national team, Southampton and his Feyenoord side (and his first year at Everton) that he can have teams play some really good football. Even his Barca side had a good run and won the Copa last season. Then he has all his other appointments were it doesn't work.

He is both really good and really bad at the same time.
I’ve seen him fail at Benfica, Valencia and Everton. Now Barcelona. He as more misses than hits. And Everton at his time was basically a similar job to where we are now in the same league. His Barcelona side isn’t the old Barcelona but his not as bad as they showed

Another name that I would personally be interested in if we sack Nuno, but who I know won't be super popular on here, is Tedesco.

He took Schalke to second place in the Bundesliga in his first year with them. And then went to Spartak Moscow and took them to a 7th and 2nd place finish in his two seasons with them.

A young, tactically flexible coach who has two or three systems that his teams can switch between depending on how a game develops. He did his badges with Nagelsmann. Currently free after leaving Russia in May. If we want to gamble on a young up and comer he would be a interesting name to go with.

Another name that I would personally be interested in if we sack Nuno, but who I know won't be super popular on here, is Tedesco.

He took Schalke to second place in the Bundesliga in his first year with them. And then went to Spartak Moscow and took them to a 7th and 2nd place finish in his two seasons with them.

A young, tactically flexible coach who has two or three systems that his teams can switch between depending on how a game develops. He did his badges with Nagelsmann. Currently free after leaving Russia in May. If we want to gamble on a young up and comer he would be a interesting name to go with.
Every little helps....

Adi Hutter looks like a phenomenal manager and not just because of the Bayern demolition. Plays hyper pressing, attacking football we would love. Most bundesliga teams play great football, that's where we should be looking.

Adi Hutter looks like a phenomenal manager and not just because of the Bayern demolition. Plays hyper pressing, attacking football we would love. Most bundesliga teams play great football, that's where we should be looking.
I was very big on Hütter before his move to Gladbach became official. It is probably too soon to court him now since he only just moved there in the summer.

I’ve seen him fail at Benfica, Valencia and Everton. Now Barcelona. He as more misses than hits. And Everton at his time was basically a similar job to where we are now in the same league. His Barcelona side isn’t the old Barcelona but his not as bad as they showed

Also loves to flirt with other clubs when on the job.

Arrogant, dis-likable man.

And now I've worked myself into a shoot about how we should go for Domenico Tedesco. I am ready to be disappointed if we don't get him now. Even if we get another good name in instead.

Why dosen,t everyone get behind nuno ,hes not going no where for at least a season ...there are no good alternitives out there, no one wants the job ffs
I agree about the no good alternatives at the moment. However Nuno is a stop gap, we all know it, i'm sure he does as well and if results turn to shit and we hit bottom half of the table and/or a better alternative becomes available he'll be gone. He may potentially last the season if we hovver around 6th or 7th and no decent manager pops up but no way will he be our manager next season. They'd be giving our season tickets away with boxes of cereal.

And now I've worked myself into a shoot about how we should go for Domenico Tedesco. I am ready to be disappointed if we don't get him now. Even if we get another good name in instead.
Just had a quick read up and he's had 2 biggish jobs @ 36 years old , half German and Italian as well.

Just had a quick read up and he's had 2 biggish jobs @ 36 years old , half German and Italian as well.
And done decently too. Something obviously went wrong at Schalke when he got sacked (I've sent a message to a friend on twitter who follows Schalke to see if he knows anything about that). But as I understand it he only left Spartak because his family was still in Germany and he couldn't fly them in or leave the country to visit due to Covid.

He was apparently recruited for the Schalke job by the same guy who spotted the potential in Klopp and Tuchel and brought them to Mainz to start their careers.

If we want a young and exciting name he could be worth a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom