Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is Pulis on the radar for Daniel?
mick mccarthy been sacked, itk says hes been sighted down the high street

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

My guess is Scott Parker is about the only fella who'd take it at this point.
Not a chance, he's potentially going to get Bournemouth automatically promoted if they continue with this form, which prior to his appointment seemed a very slim possibility due to selling all their best players over the course of two seasons. Why would he jump ship now to join this clown show? The guy needs another two seasons under his belt, at the very least, before he joins a top 8 club.

Not a chance, he's potentially going to get Bournemouth automatically promoted if they continue with this form, which prior to his appointment seemed a very slim possibility due to selling all their best players over the course of two seasons. Why would he jump ship now to join this clown show? The guy needs another two seasons under his belt, at the very least, before he joins a top 8 club.
Top 8? I like your optimism.

Goons through to next round and so are chavs. Goons on a bit of a run.
Under Nuno we have shown no consistency on results or performance. If it was t for Norwich most likely taking one of the relegation spots I really don’t see this guy getting us in top half. I could image losing to most of the teams in the bottom half. He needs to go. He knows he wasn’t wanted in the first place and therefore he can’t show his true personality or impose it on the squad. His made a pigs ear of the conf league already where we now need to win all our remaining games. What worries me more is we have not a game by more than one goal, scored hardly any from open play and even against toon we are 3-1 up they go down to 10 men and we show no intent to score any more. There is no motivation in the team. We played like arrogant fuckers and Nuno didn’t make any subs to introduce fresh legs. Look at pool, city or chavs and they would have battered toon. We then rest that 11 and they play the next game exactly like they played 2nd v toon showing no real interest to score or win the game. This attitude comes from the manager. I swear we will lose as many games as we win with this twat in charge. Not sure what levy is waiting for but the guy needs to go now. Get someone in who will motivate the players and get them excited to play football again. This is the 3rd Portuguese manager now you’d think baldy would have learnt. If his not careful we will end up in a relegation dog fight which we know our players would not be able to handle. Look at the teams below us Everton wolves goons manure Watford they are gonna improve and are not far behind us. Burnley and Leeds will surely improve.

At this stage it would be weird to sack a manager, but if we do it, I hope we go all out for Potter. Give him a 5 year contract and then stick with it and not cry if results dont go our way within 2 months.

At this stage it would be weird to sack a manager, but if we do it, I hope we go all out for Potter. Give him a 5 year contract and then stick with it and not cry if results dont go our way within 2 months.
What are the chances that he's gonna abandon all his work done with Brighton? Their table position is great, he has zero reasons to go. It's not all about money, this move has no real benefits for him. If Brighton eventually falls he already built his position, and if they manage to stay near top he might get many more opportunities.

What are the chances that he's gonna abandon all his work done with Brighton? Their table position is great, he has zero reasons to go. It's not all about money, this move has no real benefits for him. If Brighton eventually falls he already built his position, and if they manage to stay near top he might get many more opportunities.
He’d jump at the job if given the chance to set out on and define a meaningful project at Spurs.

People need to understand that’s not the job on offer. The job on offer is the head coach of a holding company for the Harry Kane asset as it’s haggled over, with interior design by Fabio Paratici.

This is not a football club at the moment in a very real sense.

Bringing poch back with paratici at the wheel will be catastrophic. They would never see eye to eye.
And Levy.

And Winks. Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Moura, Dele etc - IE all those that let him down and are still here.
It "may" get Kane onside for a while. That's about the only good that could come from a Poch return now.

I was a big fan of Poch but he clearly lost the plot at Spurs and I’ve seen nothing at PSG to suggest he’s turned it around. I wish him well but he looks like a bloke who’s struggling with himself, he took a year off and I’m not convinced he’s the man he was 3 years ago.

Results may not be an indicator, but performances have to be. If we get beat but have half a dozen good chances a game then you feel there is something to cling to. We aint getting that at the moment.

The chances are £

Results may not be an indicator, but performances have to be. If we get beat but have half a dozen good chances a game then you feel there is something to cling to. We aint getting that at the moment.

The chances are £
And what happens when performances arent great with Potter within 2 months. Sack and change , sack and change until something sticks is very inefficient.

They are doing great in the table while having the same points as us. And we are apparently doing shitly. You can see why he would be attracted . With us he can dream of finishing in the top 4 some day and manage in the CL. With Brighton, this is about the best it gets, the only way is down.

And what happens when performances arent great with Potter within 2 months. Sack and change , sack and change until something sticks is very inefficient.
Before we got Nono I didn't want Potter. When we even sniffed around Nono, all the coaches I didn't want became more appealing.
I very much doubt Potter could even manage to oversee such blunt and insipid attacking "displays" as we've seen.

He, Howe, Parker, Rogers, Gerrard a Cactus, all would train some kind of pattern of play into the team to create chances and maintain a shape to defend.

Back
Top Bottom