Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, Tanguy is the perfect example of not doing enough scouting. And tbf that one is on Poch-Hitchen-Levy rather than Fabio.

Poch used to talk the talk on this front, but defo pulled a few boo-boos over the years....

Granted he pulled his finger out eventually, but remember how shitty Sissoko's attitude was to begin with....?

Then of course there was Osvaldo (who'd already been a problem child for him at Espanol).

Poch used to talk the talk on this front, but defo pulled a few boo-boos over the years....

Granted he pulled his finger out eventually, but remember how shitty Sissoko's attitude was to begin with....?

Then of course there was Osvaldo (who'd already been a problem child for him at Espanol).
Poch did have the ability to turn some problem children around attitude vise. Maybe he could have done it with Tanguy but what is done is done.

Poch did have the ability to turn some problem children around attitude vise. Maybe he could have done it with Tanguy but what is done is done.

Perhaps, but we were also led to believe players like Tielemans, Maddison (eg) were being frowned upon for similar reasons..... Just lacks consistency for me.

Who did Poch straighten out whilst here? Binned the naughty boys off as far as I recall..... Until it came to Rose, Toby and one or two other faves that basically got given the 'golden boy pass'. .....Who am I forgetting?

Last edited:
Perhaps, but we were also led to believe players like Tielemans, Maddison (eg) were being frowned upon for similar reasons..... Just lacks inconsistency for me.

Who did Poch straighten out whilst here? Binned the naughty boys off as far as I recall..... Until it came to Rose, Toby and one or two other faves that basically got given the 'golden boy pass'. .....Who am I forgetting?
Enic / Levy are shit

Not impressed whatsoever with this guys signings. Romero aside and let’s be honest, for 45 million you would expect a decent player, all our signings look dog shit. Gil looks far to lightweight and won’t be anywhere near the 1st 11 currently. Gollini looks a mess in goal and Emerson Royal looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Got no real hope for this Sarr either now judging by the crap he’s bought in. Looks like another season of bang average players stinking out the wage bill.

said in July when we played Colchester, this guy is a Bluffer, he's pulled the wool over Levy's eyes
it takes one to know one, I bluffered my way though work for 20yrs, and that's what i see in him

Another clear example of Levy being star struck and appointing someone without thinking whether it would work here, as well as ignoring recent history and focusing on some good work they did years ago.

Jury is still out on him. I like Romero but he cost more than Konate did so if LFC, who continue to out-perform us in the transfer market year after year, can identify and sign that type of player there is no reason why we can't do so as well.

This squad needs butchering and it could be a great opportunity for somebody who knows what they are doing.

Jury is still out on him. I like Romero but he cost more than Konate did so if LFC, who continue to out-perform us in the transfer market year after year, can identify and sign that type of player there is no reason why we can't do so as well.

This squad needs butchering and it could be a great opportunity for somebody who knows what they are doing.
I think its a real worry that our best work both long and short term were done under the tenure of the bloke we lost to Liverpool name escapes me(not Comoli) and Mcdermott working the academy.

We have had a brain drain. We also had Pleat giving us an outside perspective. We have never used old pros with real love for the club wisely. Take Hoddel now past the coaching ego, he could be useful as an eye on players with actual ability for us. Its too early to call Paratici a dud, but the man dose not get to decide the way Spurs play football Levy should have stuck to what he said if Paratici can't work to the remit he goes. Royal under Pochettino would be way better he is not actually starting from a lower base than say Rose did. Sarr Poch will love. For those writing of Gil your being daft Redknapp would recognise his clear gifts and back him. He can be a central playmaker or ten I'd bet the farm on it but he needs a season and a half regular game time. Deir is third choice and the massive problem is centermid and Kane. Frank Kessie fixes one 100% and we must move heaven send earth. Harry Kane ill leave to brighter people than me.

We know Levy is clueless but what is up with this guy picking Nuno and Gattuso as the managers. Fucking hell better pick a good choice next time if any good choices want to come that is.

As I've written on here several times, I didn't think hiring a DoF was the solution to our problems. For me, it's about talent, not management structures.

But we seem to be in a ménage à trois with Levy, Paratici AND Jorge Mendes.

Paratici wanted Mendes ciient Gattuso. Levy said No after the fan backlash.

Paratici then switched to Mendes client Nuno. Levy said Yes, even though there are reports he turned down Nuno earlier in the summer.

If we fire Nuno, and I think we should, I don't want Paratici and Mendes selecting our next head coach.

But under the DoF structure that Levy has implemented, Paratici should be making the decision. If Paratici isn't, then he isn't a true DoF.

In short, fuck management structures,. and just get someone in who understands footballing talent and can coach our bunch of halfwits back to playing the type of football we witnessed under Poch.

Back
Top Bottom