Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Little conspiracy theory I came up with.

We went to Conte in June. He didn't believe we'd keep Kane. Couldn't promise we could and he wouldn't join unless he knew he'd still be here.
Couldn't risk getting to the end of the transfer window and still have no coach as it would have been a complete disaster so got any old gimp to fill the void. There was potentially always a plan to go back for Conte at some point hence why things seem to have moved quickly and with no animosity now
So Levy & Para told Nuno to concede 3 goals every game to ensure they would have good cause to fire him?

:sonpoint:

Just some info. In contes 2 seasons at chelsea he spent a total 348M

Morata: 58M
Bakayoko: 40M
Drinkwater: 35M
Batshuayi: 35M
Kante: 32M
Luiz: 31M
Rudiger: 29M
Zappacosta: 23M
Alonso: 21M
Emerson:18M
Giroud: 15M
Barkley: 15M

Where are most of these guys now?
Is that retorical ?

Without boring the pants off anyone with the answer, isn't it summit to do with the Stock Exchange (here and in America) opening??

I think they have to announce it there first....

Perhaps...

...either that or Levy loves stringing out the drama a leeeeeeetle while longer.... :levystare:
No, we were listed on the stock exchange until 2012 when we de-listed and became a private company.

Any holding off on announcements now are seen as "timing it right" for exposure I think? More likely just the fact that pen hasn't been put to paper yet or our media team haven't come up with a hilarious quip/video for the announcement.

Just some info. In contes 2 seasons at chelsea he spent a total 348M

Morata: 58M
Bakayoko: 40M
Drinkwater: 35M
Batshuayi: 35M
Kante: 32M
Luiz: 31M
Rudiger: 29M
Zappacosta: 23M
Alonso: 21M
Emerson:18M
Giroud: 15M
Barkley: 15M

Where are most of these guys now?
Only bakayoko and Drinkwater look a bit silly to me. And Drinkwater was just off the back of being a league winner, bought more for being English than pure quality. This is also, what, 5 seasons ago now. You expect all of these guys to still be top of their game? There's this thing called aging

Only bakayoko and Drinkwater look a bit silly to me. And Drinkwater was just off the back of being a league winner, bought more for being English than pure quality. This is also, what, 5 seasons ago now. You expect all of these guys to still be top of their game? There's this thing called aging

No, my point is none of these guys apart from Kante and alonso actually merited their price tag. The rest were expensive flops that chelsea are still paying for.

So Levy & Para told Nuno to concede 3 goals every game to ensure they would have good cause to fire him?

:sonpoint:
No need to tell the manager to do that if you hire someone so fucking useless that it just occurs naturally...

:levylol:

Just noticed Nuno has been moved to old Spurs in the smilies, can we not just removed him altogether and pretend that this whole unpleasantness never actually happened?

No, my point is none of these guys apart from Kante and alonso actually merited their price tag. The rest were expensive flops that chelsea are still paying for.

That's what Chelsea do though, they don't listen to the manager on transfers. They foist players on them and tell them to get on with it. Conte was not banging on Abramovic's door asking for Ross Barkley and Danny Drinkwater.

Back
Top Bottom