Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahem....I think you're forgetting a few people...
paolotramezzani_3.jpg

nicola-berti-0.jpg

....pffft, some people have SUCH short memories!

Incredibly lazy to call conte football "defensive" and to compare him to jose

Completely different managers

Conte's inter were only outscored by Atalanta who are one of the most attacking teams in Europe and remember that 16/17 season where we played the best football we've played for the past 30 years under Poch, yeah that team scored only 1 more goal than Contes chelsea..

What are you talking about? Mourinho's Madrid scored like 125 goals in 2010 would you call him an attacking coach?

Nope.

1999-2000 season to 2020-2021 season we wone the League Cup in 2007-2008.

22 seasons with one trophy. 23 if we miss out this year (hopefully not).
But you said 23 years... We won a trophy in 1999.... that's less than 23 years ago. That's 22 years.... which is less than 23. I'm sure of it.

Conte is the better manager. He’s pretty good. The players and the board screwed him really well last season. Wouldn’t say no to him managing us one day.

Conte to Milan strong rumours. That would be seriously great for them. He’s very very good.

Conte is an amazing manager.

Conte is a top top manager.
I can’t stop winning. The club should pay for my advices :levystare:

We all know he has flaws, he isn’t a long term manager. However he is one of the very best in the world at getting players to play beyond their means, making the most of what he has implementing a system that can compete with the very best.

We have just had Nuno who despite being a nice guy has no plan for how to attack on even a basic level. Going from Nuno to Conte is huge, it’s going from one of the weakest managers in the league to one of the strongest. It’s why we are happy.

Potter was probably more suitable, in my opinion the most suitable manager we could get but a world class coach like Conte is not someone you turn down.

I think most fans would have taken Conte, Ten Hag or Potter as their main choices. So their is relief we have someone we believe in running the team.
Sure most fans would be ecstatic, but with age comes maturity, ask any Barca fan in 2008 if they would rather no experience Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho to take over? Every fan would say Mourinho of course he wants the job and is problem, but we all know what the right choice was...

Potter would have been the right choice for Spurs in my opinion, the club's environment dictates a long term project, not a short term appointment to squeeze out the last bit of quality of a world class team

I was assuming we would miss out again this year. Hopefully, I was jumping the gun. Still two trophies since 1991 is bad.
I get you. Would be nice to make it 3 in 23 years!! That would be nice!

Any trophy this season would be a massive win!!! I don't care what anybody says, if we could win that Europa Conference League, I would be delighted!!!!

Back
Top Bottom