Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just when you think things can't get any worse, the spam are beating Liverpool.
They are proof that a collective of relatively ordinary players, given the right management and incentive , playing to a well drilled pattern and with a collective sense of purpose - can produce an output that is greater than the sum of their parts.
If I was Conte, I would point to them and ask "are they really better players than you?"

6-DE63-FDC-941-D-4660-85-D7-968-A2-A491-F05.gif

Just on my way back from the game. First time at goodison for me. Proper old school ground, wooden decking and seats.

Firstly our support was fantastic. Sung all game. Their support was embarrassing. They made noise about 3 times collectively as a support in the whole game.
They do like whining though.

The game itself was too predictable from our point of view. If we are to play this system then you need quality from the wing backs in the forward areas. I normally criticise PEH and he had a shocking start, but improved as the game went on. I thought him and Skipp were good from a defensive point. But they don't really add anything going forward so with them and 5 defenders we had too many players back. We sat very deep in the first half and basically allowed Everton the ball for some reason.

Lucas, son and Kane were getting in each others way coming central. I'd rather Son and Lucas played out on the touchline. I can't see that happening in Conte's system.

Expect to see wing backs as number 1 priority in January window if we play this system.

It wasn’t great, some early signs of how conte wants us to play if you’re feeling optimistic. Wing backs getting forward a lot. Showed more intensity off the ball than against united

Kane and son were poor which made us pretty toothless. Never really looked like losing either though.
Sums it up quite nicely actually

I felt comfortable with our play from the defense to our 2 holding midfielders and that play in general wasn't too bad and we worked our way out of situations reasonably well I thought. The main issue is what we do after that leading up to the final 3rd where our problems lie. Static lacking basic intelligence like pass and move one twos beating a player. No courage from anybody to make something happen apart from lo celso s effort that came off the post.

Out of all our forward players, I thought Kane was pretty good actually :levyeyes: I will get slated for that as I see Kane is public enemy number 1.

Son should have gone sooner; there was no point in him being on the pitch, he wasted everything. Lucas, usual Bambi on ice routine, with the hope that one bobbles his way. Is there no way of improving this man's first touch?

Skipp best player on the pitch probably.
Seconded, so you've got at least one supporter. Kane's hold-up play was good and his pass to Regi for possibly the best chance of the match was beautiful (still not a great chance for a defender, by any means, I should stress, but that takes nothing away from the pass). Kane still seems tired and under the weather, of course, but nobody on the team can seem to get him a shooting chance, which, if he's going to be instructed to play as a 9 again, they need to do. Multiple times a match, I see him calling for a pass that makes sense - i.e. one that a good passer could execute with reasonable consistency - but the player on the ball never seems to even try it.

Today, in terms of overall play, I think the idea that he was worse than the other forwards is just a sort of anti-Kane bias rather than a realistic assessment. He's in a rut, for sure, but he's getting a hugely greater share of blame than he deserves because of who he is (whereas in the past, he would've probably taken a lesser share of blame than he deserved). Many fans are now dead set on interpreting everything he does or even doesn't do in the most negative possible light. But that's fine; that's just the nature of football supporters, I guess. No use trying to fight it.

Just on my way back from the game. First time at goodison for me. Proper old school ground, wooden decking and seats.

Firstly our support was fantastic. Sung all game. Their support was embarrassing. They made noise about 3 times collectively as a support in the whole game.
They do like whining though.

The game itself was too predictable from our point of view. If we are to play this system then you need quality from the wing backs in the forward areas. I normally criticise PEH and he had a shocking start, but improved as the game went on. I thought him and Skipp were good from a defensive point. But they don't really add anything going forward so with them and 5 defenders we had too many players back. We sat very deep in the first half and basically allowed Everton the ball for some reason.

Lucas, son and Kane were getting in each others way coming central. I'd rather Son and Lucas played out on the touchline. I can't see that happening in Conte's system.

Expect to see wing backs as number 1 priority in January window if we play this system.

Are they really as bad as they come across on TV mate ? I said it on the match thread and i find the Everton fans moaning constantly at Goodison park annoying as fuck! Every season we go there, they are screaming at the Ref for just about every decision. Moaning bunch of Scouse cunts!!!

If we went to a 352 with a CM3 (1+2 or 2+1 whatever) why wouldn't we be able to rely on the defensive contribution of either Lo Celso or Ndombele? It's not like either are completely devoid of defensive capabilities - but more to the point, that would be the point of switching to the 352, to balance off some defensive capability and actually have some footballing capability - surely with some decent coaching - which Conte is definitely capable of - we could potentially be able to see both, or at least one in that system without much overall team defensive capability. It's not like Moura (who would be sacrificed presumably) offers more defensive contribution as an outside right in a 343, than either Lo Celso or Ndombele would as 8's in 352.
100% agree ! In fact I don’t really see skipp and PEH screen the back 3 anyway. They very rarely press and win the ball back. They drop back a bit so the oppo have time and space to play the ball around and cross. We need a balance I think 3 in CM would give us that with 2 up top. That way we still keep attackers on the bench to bring into freshen things up. People slate gio and tanguy but give them a run with either PEH or skipp plus 3 at the back it could work. Again the benefit of that is you’d have one of skipp or PEH on the bench. It surely is worth a go against Leeds?

Back
Top Bottom