Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pre match, I thought we might win...
Mid-match and up to FT, I assumed we would lose...
Post match, I was happy we drew.

Symmetry, huh?
Go figure?

I rarely ever listen to these PM interviews because they are usually inane questions and football geezer cliche answers, but because this is his first proper one I thought I'd see what he said, and although there was nothing earth shattering in there, I quite liked what he said and the way he explained it (all be it in broken language). Especially the bit about working them hard in the post match work out because he wants to increase our collective intensity and stamina. Also the point he made about the passing in attacking situations etc. Obvious, but at least he said it.

So many very good attacking situations broke down because of diabolical carelessness, from everyone.

How many games u think the simpleton will start at left wing back? I’ll give you odds of 10/1 if it’s more than none. He’s ducking rubbish, not even debatable - the more conte sees the rigid cyborg in the training, the quicker he will be booted out to Reading or Cov

Decent point and week for conte. Win in europe and hard earned point today. He can settle now next two weeks during international break.
Was it really?

Watford spanked that mob and they went down tamely to Wolves last week, I want to know why every time we come to town every team is suddenly bang up for it, I'm leaning towards us just being shit.

Totally not Conte's fault though, he needs time. It's the players that need to go at this point, massive clear out incoming with any luck.

I quite liked what he said and the way he explained it (all be it in broken language). Especially the bit about working them hard in the post match work out because he wants to increase our collective intensity and stamina. Also the point he made about the passing in attacking situations etc. Obvious, but at least he said it.

So many very good attacking situations broke down because of diabolical carelessness, from everyone.
Oh the irony of that sentence!
GEEEEEENIUS!

Not much to dissect really..... Attritional game lacking in quality from both sides.

- Good shift from Emerson, Skipp and the CBs.
- Passing generally poor.
- Deserved at least a point given the quality of chances created by either side.

Def. think we should go 352 until such time we can get out attack ticking.... Seems pointless playing all 3 FWDs atm. Same old story though; not being able to rely on the defensive contribution of either Ndombele or Gio is really screwing us creatively.

If we went to a 352 with a CM3 (1+2 or 2+1 whatever) why wouldn't we be able to rely on the defensive contribution of either Lo Celso or Ndombele? It's not like either are completely devoid of defensive capabilities - but more to the point, that would be the point of switching to the 352, to balance off some defensive capability and actually have some footballing capability - surely with some decent coaching - which Conte is definitely capable of - we could potentially be able to see both, or at least one in that system without much overall team defensive capability. It's not like Moura (who would be sacrificed presumably) offers more defensive contribution as an outside right in a 343, than either Lo Celso or Ndombele would as 8's in 352.

Was it really?

Watford spanked that mob and they went down tamely to Wolves last week, I want to know why every time we come to town every team is suddenly bang up for it, I'm leaning towards us just being shit.

Totally not Conte's fault though, he needs time. It's the players that need to go at this point, massive clear out incoming with any luck.

Surely if the bulk of the players are shite beyond help then it was a relatively decent point?

How many games u think the simpleton will start at left wing back? I’ll give you odds of 10/1 if it’s more than none. He’s ducking rubbish, not even debatable - the more conte sees the rigid cyborg in the training, the quicker he will be booted out to Reading or Cov
I think you need to calm down there lad. I simply commented he has played left wing before and done ok.
Get down off your high horse there

If we went to a 352 with a CM3 (1+2 or 2+1 whatever) why wouldn't we be able to rely on the defensive contribution of either Lo Celso or Ndombele? It's not like either are completely devoid of defensive capabilities - but more to the point, that would be the point of switching to the 352, to balance off some defensive capability and actually have some footballing capability - surely with some decent coaching - which Conte is definitely capable of - we could potentially be able to see both, or at least one in that system without much overall team defensive capability. It's not like Moura (who would be sacrificed presumably) offers more defensive contribution as an outside right in a 343, than either Lo Celso or Ndombele would as 8's in 352.

You miss that part in my post where i said we should go 352????

Underlying point is that Ndombele or Gio in a CM2 is too lightweight.

Back
Top Bottom