Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's Son meant to be doing lately? Because honestly since Villa he's been MIA. Scored a couple of goals since then (vs Newcastle and Vitesse) but been invisible in games. Against West Ham and United, all he really did was waste our biggest opportunities to go ahead.

Kane deserves to be dropped, not sure you'll find anyone who disagrees. But Son's form has been almost as bad.

thats-racist.gif

They just continuously make things up to suit their agendas. And if you criticise Son they bring Kane into it. Every single time.

It's Kane's fault Son is in bad form, apparently. As if no wide player has never had to play with an out of form/slow striker before. If Kane was dropped, Son's first touch, passing, decision making etc would suddenly be fixed.

Both our star players are in dreadful form, and it's hurting us badly. Both are also suffering from being too isolated in attack because the midfield is offering zero service or attacking runs of their own. But if you say 'Kane suffers a bit from shit service' it's excuses ... it affects all of our attacking players FFS !!

I'm still the biggest racist here. I said that Son has Asian/Korean fanboys that only care about him and not Spurs.

I'm still waiting to be locked up and the key thrown away.

No.... I'M the biggest racist...... And so's my wife!

It's Kane's fault Son is in bad form, apparently. As if no wide player has never had to play with an out of form/slow striker before. If Kane was dropped, Son's first touch, passing, decision making etc would suddenly be fixed.

Both our star players are in dreadful form, and it's hurting us badly. Both are also suffering from being too isolated in attack because the midfield is offering zero service or attacking runs of their own. But if you say 'Kane suffers a bit from shit service' it's excuses ... it affects all of our attacking players FFS !!

Exactly.

Son's best spell actually came when Kane was on top of his game and was creating chances for him left, right and centre. He looked genuinely world-class in that period.

I feel for both Kane and Son, as both play in a side devoid of any creativity and flair unless they provide it themselves. We as a team currently make both look far worse than they are.

All of Sonny's un-purple patches have been Kane's fault....

TBH, it's good to finally get to the bottom of all this. :ledley:

I'm still the biggest racist here. I said that Son has Asian/Korean fanboys that only care about him and not Spurs.

You are the biggest racist here? Shit I thought I had that locked down.

Quick I better say something racist to take my title back:

Since coming here Son has been 9.5/10, he has been one of our best signings ever and he is only behind Kane as our most important player for the past 5 years.

I think that should be enough to show I am clearly racist against Sonny.

But it's just a stupid argument to have.

Do you hear people say Ronaldo has Portuguese or European fanboys? Or on Liverpool forums, do you see posters talking about African fanboys of Salah and Mane etc.. Or South American fanboys of Messi. THEY ALL HAVE THEM.. but for some reason, only when the player is Asian then the continent and/or country of the player is mentioned and brought up.

We all know the above footballers probably have many fanboys and more than most other footballers.. but it's not something that is said publicly or even online and on forums. But because Son is Asian, you feel the need to bring that up. It doesn't matter where the fans are from.. it makes no difference. A fanboy is a fanboy.

Last edited:
Yup that person applied some very dumb logic.
Almost as dumb as the logic that criticising son means you are racist towards Asians. I'm surprised so many have missed this point but I'll point it out now. The statement I made is utterly ridiculous it's as ridiculous as saying because you criticise son's form it means you have an agenda against Asian people.

Son can lose the ball 15 times out of 20 take no shots ruin 5 attacks but some will insist he had a 10 out of 10 game but you dare say otherwise you hate Asians or you don't know what you're looking at. Absolute clowns. I thought the eriksen cock suckers were bad but you guys take the biscuit.

Do you hear people say Ronaldo has Portuguese or European fanboys? Or on Liverpool forums, do you see posters talking about African fanboys of Salah and Mane etc.. Or South American fanboys of Messi. THEY ALL HAVE THEM.. but for some reason, only when the player is Asian then the continent and/or country of the player is mentioned and brought up.

We all know the above footballers probably have many fanboys and more than most other footballers.. but it's not something that is said publicly or even online and on forums. But because Son is Asian, you feel the need to bring that up. It doesn't matter where the fans are from.. it makes no difference. A fanboy is a fanboy.

Rubbish.... This is just race-baiting paranoia.

We went through similar player > club attitudes when we had an influx of Croatian players..... We also a attracted a bunch of Jose fan boys when he was here (and as predicted; they fucked off as soon as Jose left whilst the ACTUAL Spurs fans remained).

The concept of a fan boy isn't simply supporting a player one likes; it's the notion of wanting whats best for the individual ahead of what's best for the club......... Supporting the player rather than the club.

Son's Asian fanbase is brought up all the time by the media, fans of Spurs and fans of other clubs. It is undeniable. Are you trying to claim that there isn't a sizable SK fanbase for Son??

Nobody has a problem with fans of Son that are South Korean, in fact I bet most Spurs fans think it is awesome that they now support the club even if it is only while Son is here, although hopefully some stay life long fans. The issue isn't with them.

The problem is there a very vocal minority within that group who cry anytime Son is criticized, attack Kane because they think that by Kane being good it somehow takes away from Son and then cry racism anytime someone says anything that is even slightly critical of Son. That is something that I have not seen from Ronaldo or Salah supporters but if it happens they should and would be called out as well. The most similar group are the Moronistas that follow Jose around and they certainly were called out.

Christ this forum is terrible. Now this place gets turned into Team Son vs Team Kane. Thanks KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy

It's not Son vs Kane .. or not from what I can see anyway. Both have been playing badly but deserve criticism, but nobody here is relentless in their pursuit of criticising Son like some are with Kane. I just personally think there needs to be balance.

I love both players, and we need both on top form if we're gonna do anything. But neither are close to their best.

I couldn't give a shit if Son was an alien as long as he gives his all for the shirt and produces. But when he's shit, like everyone else, he should be called out on it.

His Asian fan club are the worst and I make no apologies whatsoever for bringing that up. They're fucking annoying and just as bad as those 'glory hunters' nobody has ever liked. The fact that other clubs might have them one or two of their own players means absolutely nothing to me because I support Tottenham.

If you want to support Son, fine. Nothing wrong at all with rooting for a fellow countryman. But don't pretend and even dare to call yourself a Tottenham fan, as many do. What someone like Luvf knows about this club you could write it on something and fit it through the hole of a Polo mint.

Last edited:

Sorry can’t agree. Firstly, I have nothing against son fans even if they aren’t spurs.

Secondly, I have a South Korean friend who loves sonny and follows spurs just because of son so I see firsthand the difference.

Sonny is the best South Korean of all time which is why he has such a strong following that is unusually high given that he’s not as talented as Messi or Ronaldo. South Koreans are also prideful of their country’s culture and exports (global celebs).

Salah might have a large Egyptian following but sane is not the clear best Senegalese of all time and definitely not the best African.

the only thing I can agree with is people should not be lumping together all South Koreans as Asians but that’s not racist… just ignorance.

It's not Son vs Kane .. or not from what I can see anyway. Both have been playing badly but deserve criticism, but nobody here is relentless in their pursuit of criticising Son like some are with Kane. I just personally think there needs to be balance.

I love both players, and we need both on top form if we're gonna do anything. But neither are close to their best.
Kane’s criticisms are completely fair. The relentless Kane criticism only comes from sammyspurs sammyspurs and KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy who we all know are the village idiots.

Just ignore them and make all our lives easier.

Kane’s criticisms are completely fair. The relentless Kane criticism only comes from sammyspurs sammyspurs and KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy who we all know are the village idiots.

Just ignore them and make all our lives easier.

Criticising Kane is fair ... adding balance to that and criticising Son who has been awful for a long stretch is also fair. Nobody in here is saying dumb shit like Son is done as a player, or Son is why our attack is shit, or Son was shit last season. Just that he's been badly underperforming .. which is accurate.

I don't think anyone is making it Kane v Son. Most understand they're our two most important players and we need them playing well.

Back
Top Bottom