Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Criticising Kane is fair ... adding balance to that and criticising Son who has been awful for a long stretch is also fair. Nobody in here is saying dumb shit like Son is done as a player, or Son is why our attack is shit, or Son was shit last season. Just that he's been badly underperforming .. which is accurate.

I don't think anyone is making it Kane v Son. Most understand they're our two most important players and we need them playing well.
No, we play better without Kane and get results without him.

Kane’s criticisms are completely fair. The relentless Kane criticism only comes from sammyspurs sammyspurs and KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy who we all know are the village idiots.

Just ignore them and make all our lives easier.
Live look at bonaspur23 trying to put sammyspurs sammyspurs and I on ignore for more than 2 minutes.

RaT1QOE.jpg

No, we play better without Kane and get results without him.

Nah we don't. Not interested in your rubbish sample sizes taken over small numbers of games during a period spanning years. In which you sometimes include pre-season games, or a game in the EFL cup vs Chelsea which we were losing till Kane came on. Agenda filled, cherry picked stats.

Not one single manager has dropped Kane when fit, they all know how important he is, all reasonable fans know too.

Your quite unpleasant. You should try harder...
The guy gets away with murder I'm past caring as you can tell. People let son get away with absolute shockers but absolutely tear other players to shreds. Never been called a racist for critising dier or tanguy but woah there you say a bad word about son and you hate Asians :contethumb:

Nah we don't. Not interested in your rubbish sample sizes taken over small numbers of games during a period spanning years. In which you sometimes include pre-season games, or a game in the EFL cup vs Chelsea which we were losing till Kane came on. Agenda filled, cherry picked stats.

Not one single manager has dropped Kane when fit, they all know how important he is, all reasonable fans know too.
Naw, no pre season games included.

We just play better without Kane. He adds very little to our overall team play and actual results.

We've been fine as long as we have Son and Moura up front. Add a decent striker that can win headers, be physical, and decent hold up play, and we'll be a much better side.

Without Kane, we can actually play to out strengths, not try to play through Kane as our target man which is clearly not working.

Excuses, excuses and excuses.

If we play well without Kane, it's always a fluke or pure luck isn't it?

Look at the data below - no pre season games whatsoever.

Against PL Teams Since Last Season w/o Kane Starting

Man City (PL) - 1-0 Win
Wolves (PL) 1-0 Win
Chelsea (EFL) - 1-1 Win on Penalties
Southampton (PL) - 2-1 Win

Chelsea (PL) - 1-0 Loss
Brighton (PL) - 1-0 Loss

4 wins, 2 losses

Since 18/19 season w/o Kane but Son playing 45+ mins

Premier League

12 Wins
2 Draws
5 Losses
*19 matches, 38 points

Champions League
Dortmund (1 leg) - Advance
Man City (x2 legs) - Advance
Ajax (x2 legs) - Advance

FA Cup
Middlesbrough - Advance
Southampton - Advance

Son heung min world class on his day not had one of those days since Woolwich at home last season though.

Thought he was superb against Villa. By far the most dangerous player on the day, that's the only performance this season where I've watched him and thought he was close to the best he can produce. Otherwise he's scored some goals here and there, but been on the periphery of games.

Son heung min world class on his day not had one of those days since Woolwich at home last season though.
Yeah Son isn't consistent but we need him. Without him we just completely collapse.

Remember, even when Kane's playing, when Son goes down, we lose 3-0 to Palace, draw 2-2 to Rennes, can't get a goal against Burnley until Son comes on, and get knocked out by Dynamo in Europa in a shocking 3-0 loss.

When Kane goes down, we play well and get results. Last three games against PL teams we beat the PL champions (City), Champions League winner in the EFL semis (Chelsea), and Wolves.

Naw, no pre season games included.

We just play better without Kane. He adds very little to our overall team play and actual results.

We've been fine as long as we have Son and Moura up front. Add a decent striker that can win headers, be physical, and decent hold up play, and we'll be a much better side.

Without Kane, we can actually play to out strengths, not try to play through Kane as our target man which is clearly not working.

Not turning this thread in to the Kane thread. You're welcome to your opinion we play better without Kane, I disagree.

Thought he was superb against Villa. By far the most dangerous player on the day, that's the only performance this season where I've watched him and thought he was close to the best he can produce. Otherwise he's scored some goals here and there, but been on the periphery of games.
Yeah but I mean those top top performances that have truly world class moments in them like Chelsea at Wembley the Burnley goal the goal vs Woolwich last season. Where has that player gone.

Almost as dumb as the logic that criticising son means you are racist towards Asians. I'm surprised so many have missed this point but I'll point it out now. The statement I made is utterly ridiculous it's as ridiculous as saying because you criticise son's form it means you have an agenda against Asian people.
Agreed with that too.

What's Son meant to be doing lately? Because honestly since Villa he's been MIA. Scored a couple of goals since then (vs Newcastle and Vitesse) but been invisible in games. Against West Ham and United, all he really did was waste our biggest opportunities to go ahead.

Kane deserves to be dropped, not sure you'll find anyone who disagrees. But Son's form has been almost as bad.
Thing is Kane moves like a depressed pregnant cow right now. It affects how everyone else plays. He actually is slower and less mobile than Ndombele.

Yeah but I mean those top top performances that have truly world class moments in them like Chelsea at Wembley the Burnley goal the goal vs Woolwich last season. Where has that player gone.

He’s still there in the same way that Son has always had some extended streaks of being not good. He’ll come back around.

He’s not Messi or Ronaldo. If he consistently had those games, we’d be talking about him on that level. But he’s always been this player. He’s still one of our best.

Thing is Kane moves like a depressed pregnant cow right now. It affects how everyone else plays. He actually is slower and less mobile than Ndombele.

It might do .. but Son and Lucas have been in great positions which have nothing to do with Kane, and they have fucked them up .. repeatedly. Son has had our best chances of late to change games and he's not taken them. Even in a game where we played well vs Newcastle, Son himself was quiet. He's just not playing with enough drive, rarely threatens outside of goals these days.

Kane's form/lack of energy is shit, and he deserves criticism for it. But I don't buy the idea he's causing others to play badly one bit. I've seen far worse CF's in teams where other players consistently step up and do their own thing.

He’s still there in the same way that Son has always had some extended streaks of being not good. He’ll come back around.

He’s not Messi or Ronaldo. If he consistently had those games, we’d be talking about him on that level. But he’s always been this player. He’s still one of our best.
Exactly, he's playing like he always does. He's got 4 goals in 10 apps which is on track for 15 PL goals which is in line with what he's done in the past. 15 PL goals for a winger is still near the top as far as production goes. No one should compare him to Salah or maybe even Mane because I think they're different class.

It might do .. but Son and Lucas have been in great positions which have nothing to do with Kane, and they have fucked them up .. repeatedly. Son has had our best chances of late to change games and he's not taken them. Even in a game where we played well vs Newcastle, Son himself was quiet. He's just not playing with enough drive, rarely threatens outside of goals these days.

Kane's form/lack of energy is shit, and he deserves criticism for it. But I don't buy the idea he's causing others to play badly one bit. I've seen far worse CF's in teams where other players consistently step up and do their own thing.
Oh Son has definitely lost some of his zzzzing as well. But Kane has been atrocious on a different level that as a kane fanboy I think he should be dropped.

Yeah Son isn't consistent but we need him. Without him we just completely collapse.

Remember, even when Kane's playing, when Son goes down, we lose 3-0 to Palace, draw 2-2 to Rennes, can't get a goal against Burnley until Son comes on, and get knocked out by Dynamo in Europa in a shocking 3-0 loss.

When Kane goes down, we play well and get results. Last three games against PL teams we beat the PL champions (City), Champions League winner in the EFL semis (Chelsea), and Wolves.
We do need him that's why I'm so pissed off with his performances. It's not a question of ivwant him gone I want to see his form return. He's been nowhere near his best forcquite some time now and it's alarming.

Oh Son has definitely lost some of his zzzzing as well. But Kane has been atrocious on a different level that as a kane fanboy I think he should be dropped.

I honestly think they've been as bad as each other post Aston Villa, which is a decent stretch of games. They've contributed a couple of assists/a goal or so each in that time, but mostly performances ranging from 4-6/10.

Son's worked harder which means he gets more of a pass, but performance wise he's been dreadful. Both of them are in alarmingly bad form at the same time, which is killing us going forward.

We do need him that's why I'm so pissed off with his performances. It's not a question of ivwant him gone I want to see his form return. He's been nowhere near his best forcquite some time now and it's alarming.
You're right about him not looking like the same player for about a year now

Honestly, I think he might just be getting old. He's 30 in a few months. There are a lot of wingers that begin to hit a wall around 29-30. Especially ones that rely on pace like Son. We saw it with Bale and others too.

He'll need to transition to a role further up front and more centrally, maybe as a second striker type of role? I think he's starting to lose it as that fast, dynamic winger.

Back
Top Bottom