Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone else find it ironic that Newcastle players take the knee before every game whilst playing for a team owned by one of the most racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic regimes in the world?

its like being a senior well paid executive of Nike and then signing a petition seeking to ban child labour.
No. They took the knee before the takeover, why would they stop post takeover?

What would you do, if you were a player?

Anyone else find it ironic that Newcastle players take the knee before every game whilst playing for a team owned by one of the most racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic regimes in the world?

its like being a senior well paid executive of Nike and then signing a petition seeking to ban child labour.

It’s not the Newcastle players fault. However yes everyone can see the clear hypocrisy of the players expected to support gay rights with owners that kill or hate gay people. It’s totally undermined the whole thing and made the players look like fools.

Morals are for the poor and middle class not the owners and money men.

I'm not saying we can't talk about the bad things SA does. They are horrible beings.

I'm saying this country continually is on the wrong side of history and often perpetuates and/or enables these horrid regimes. That's not quite the same as the whataboutery your implying I'm doing.
What about the Roman Empire, what about genghis Khan, what about the nazis, what about the Japanese in WW2?
None of this changes the fact that Saudi Arabia is a stain on the planet and there Human rights abuses are a disgrace.

I'm not saying we can't talk about the bad things SA does. They are horrible beings.

I'm saying this country continually is on the wrong side of history and often perpetuates and/or enables these horrid regimes. That's not quite the same as the whataboutery your implying I'm doing.
I used to wave the red and black flag on the streets, you are talking to the converted on most of that stuff.

What about the Roman Empire, what about genghis Khan, what about the nazis, what about the Japanese in WW2?
None of this changes the fact that Saudi Arabia is a stain on the planet and there Human rights abuses are a disgrace.
I am down for criticising all acts of imperialism m8.

The UK is rotten to the core and a complete disgrace- both presently and in the past. I don't disagree with what you said about the Saudis, I'd say worse. But the high ground is a few millimetres high that's all I'm saying.

I used to wave the red and black flag on the streets, you are talking to the converted on most of that stuff.
Do you mean ex convert? Some of your posts suggest you grew out of a sort of youthful rebellious phase but now it sounds like you are just a defeatist who's given up.

I am down for criticising all acts of imperialism m8.

The UK is rotten to the core and a complete disgrace- both presently and in the past. I don't disagree with what you said about the Saudis, I'd say worse. But the high ground is a few millimetres high that's all I'm saying.

Not sure that argument works. If Woolwich where owned by the U.K. or US government and funded by oil money made from the Iraq war it would make more sense but that’s not the case at all.

Newcastle is now owned by the House of Saud, the ones who have funded global Jihad and jihad ideology for decades. Whose rights on issues like slavery, women and gay people is like us in the middle or dark ages. To say that this passes the fit and proper person test is a joke. How can the government or prem ask fans not to be racist, sexist or homophobic when the club owners are a hundred miles to the right of the KKK.

If the House of Saud can own Newcastle why not let Kim Jong Un own West Ham, why not the KKK own Millwall. If we are going down this route why not just let anything happen, let fans be as violent as they want, boo black players, throw gays off roofs. If the prem is willing to sell its soul and all its morals for a bit of cash then don’t expect anybody to take a moral lecture on anything because it’s clear there are no moral standards than cannot be purchased.

Remember the last time the Saudis put a team together it resulted in 9/11.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

Back
Top Bottom