Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was just about to make a sarcastic remark about why the heck are people going on and on about Kane in the match thread, when I realised that this IS the Kane thread!
smiles blushing GIF

Last edited:
Naw I give credit where credit is due. Not really much to compliment this season for Kane unfortunately

I mean, we're jumping for joy for him doing a solid job doing Llorente role AGAINST LEEDS. Not scoring a brace against a top 4 team.

Unfortunately, this is where we're at with Kane.

Llorente stood around and headed balls on whilst playing with his back to goal. Whenever he got the ball in that situation he passed sideways. Kane played some passes Llorente could only dream of, and covered the 2nd most distance in our team, so far more energetic than Llorente was for us.

Nobody's jumping for joy either, just saying it was a good performance which was just lacking a goal. Everyone's recognising that it's still not peak Kane and that bit of sharpness which gets you goals is lacking.

He's had one season in his whole career in which he has scored more than 20 goals. He averages less than one every three for his country.

Prime Kane destroys him. He plays for Wolves for a reason.

Kane's having by far the worst season in his career and Jimenez still only has 2 more league goals than him.

I was trying to be nice, it's Christmas after all. The season of goodwill and peace to all men. But NDomBadBoy is about to bring out the xG and get all weird again.

Scared Asustad GIF

There are dozens of sites, I use Opta - but just use your own eyes - Harry has been coming far deeper (thus covering more yards) than he did for most of last season ... not at pace for sure, but covering more overall yards.
You have a subscription to Opta? Can you show me the stats? Link to an image or website?

He's been coming deeper this year than last year?

I thought he was superb today. He looks really sharp. Got a bit greedy and tired towards the end but his pressing was a plus - especially in the first half when some of his peers looked lost.

On the way back from what? His sulk? He hasn’t been injured so there’s no excuse for his chronic lack of fitness at the moment.

Our whole squad has seen a decline in fitness, from the end of the Poch era really. It's a squad wide issue, which is why Conte has made such a big deal about it. It seems to be a legacy of latter day Mourinho's coaching, that he leaves a team behind with fitness issues.

Whatever the reasons, Kane looks to be slowly improving and I expect Conte will have him back to his proper level soon enough.

On the way back from what? His sulk? He hasn’t been injured so there’s no excuse for his chronic lack of fitness at the moment.
It is a new system that demands more. Only Winks ran more than him, which is why he looked tired - as he should be. He will get fitter as will all the players.

He was good today but am sure the usual trolls have given him grief

He was one of our best players today.

The annoying fact is he has to try and drag our whole offence up himself as our midfield is non-existent from an attacking perspective .

No doubt some helmets on here will call me a “cultist” but I doubt they’ve ever seen a live game

Kane worked so hard without personal reward as in goal scoring but he is a team player and chased lost causes, hunted down the goalie to force him to rush his kick out and all the other in-between stuff that never gets attention but is appreciated by the fans with vision and intelligence.

He was so tired at the end thats how much he gave for the team and there are a small few that don't recognize how hard he tries but it's that effort that inspires the whole team. He takes kicks, pulled shirt, pull arms (btw I didn't know its in the FA rules you are allowed to pull Harry Kane's arms as much as you like), being tripped, body-bashed/bumped, etc. He also makes sure the ref is aware of it which is a plus in my book.

Spurs are lucky to have such a centre forward as Harry Kane, and with this passionate, emotional, inspiring manager in Antonio Conte its great for building a team that can win honours.

True Spurs fans be happy and look forward!

Kane worked so hard without personal reward as in goal scoring but he is a team player and chased lost causes, hunted down the goalie to force him to rush his kick out and all the other in-between stuff that never gets attention but is appreciated by the fans with vision and intelligence.

He was so tired at the end thats how much he gave for the team and there are a small few that don't recognize how hard he tries but it's that effort that inspires the whole team. He takes kicks, pulled shirt, pull arms (btw I didn't know its in the FA rules you are allowed to pull Harry Kane's arms as much as you like), being tripped, body-bashed/bumped, etc. He also makes sure the ref is aware of it which is a plus in my book.

Spurs are lucky to have such a centre forward as Harry Kane, and with this passionate, emotional, inspiring manager in Antonio Conte its great for building a team that can win honours.

True Spurs fans be happy and look forward!
True Spurs fans like me still think that he’s a snake for his behaviour last Summer and pre season

If Pep drops his trousers he’ll be off

Back
Top Bottom