Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if we sold Kane, Conte would be out the door the same day...after having a massive fight with Levy which ends up with him pissing in Levy's desk.
Of course I want Conte to get what he wants, if he wants to keep him keep him but if he says "Harry do you really wanna be here "Italian voice"" and he says no, sell.

Of course I want Conte to get what he wants, if he wants to keep him keep him but if he says "Harry do you really wanna be here "Italian voice"" and he says no, sell.
The manager needs to be ruthless but he will do it respectfully. Kane is playing by default…..once we sign his long term replacement he will be phased out politely.

I think rushing back from those injuries are catching up with him. He's a lot more clumsy and lacking balance and struggling to get shots off. May be the fact he didn't want to be here also is why he's struggling to make an impact, but, when he's your only fit striker he needs to be firing. You can accept a run of a few bad games but this feels different.

I think rushing back from those injuries are catching up with him. He's a lot more clumsy and lacking balance and struggling to get shots off. May be the fact he didn't want to be here also is why he's struggling to make an impact but when he's your only fit striker he needs to be firing. You can accept a run of a few bad games but this feels different.
It’s December next week and he’s been out scored by Hojberg

The player is done at the highest level, and this “new improved, mature” version is basically a poorer version of what Llorente was doing at 34

It’s December next week and he’s been out scored by Hojberg

The player is done at the highest level, and this “new improved, mature” version is basically a poorer version of what Llorente was doing at 34
At this moment in time to me personally (and I might be wrong)his legs look like they're going a bit. He used to be great at working that bit of space to get that shot off and smash it in he just seems incapable of doing it for us so far this season.

At this moment in time to me personally (and I might be wrong)his legs look like they're going a bit. He used to be great at working that bit of space to get that shot off and smash it in he just seems incapable of doing it for us so far this season.

All those games we were cruising or playing minnows in a cup yet Llorente and Janssen weren’t even given 10 minute run outs.

Paying the price now

So now we comparing Kane to PEH.

Let's just give Conte a bit of time see what he has planned. if Kane is part of our hopefully successful winter period (which I'm sure he will be). judge him then.

Let's just give Conte a bit of time

thumb_weldont-do-that-here-we-dont-do-that-here-49999819.png

I thought he was superb today. He looks really sharp. Got a bit greedy and tired towards the end but his pressing was a plus - especially in the first half when some of his peers looked lost.

Passing was on point again today, after a really shit showing vs Everton. A number of really impressive balls out wide especially. Definite signs that the key technical parts of his game are returning and the effort levels are up too, so it's just getting that bit of sharpness in and around the box back.

More confident than ever this will happen after the Leeds performance.

I think if we sold Kane, Conte would be out the door the same day...after having a massive fight with Levy which ends up with him pissing in Levy's desk.
Mate, look at a compilation of Kanes goals this season, then someone like Schick or Vlahovic (wasn't sold, but getting much warmer!).

Not having our bias, I think Conte will suffer him like this, with 4-6 good moments in a game, then accept he goes. If we can get enough for a better striker + 1/2 top CB or CM (Vlahovic or whole extra CM/CB with Schick) why not...

Just saying those two look miles better than Kane, in the now.

Mate, look at a compilation of Kanes goals this season, then someone like Schick or Vlahovic (wasn't sold, but getting much warmer!).

Not having our bias, I think Conte will suffer him like this, with 4-6 good moments in a game, then accept he goes. If we can get enough for a better striker + 1/2 top CB or CM (Vlahovic or whole extra CM/CB with Schick) why not...

Lol 😆 You are aware why he left Inter?
As for everyone's new favourite taking point, Vlahovic, "better striker" than Kane? He looks fine, good pace but technically raw. No where near Kane's level, obviously. No one in their right mind can even suggest that. Would be a good addition not replacement.
CM is the most crucial position atm.
BTW Kane's goal complimation this season would be quite good actually; 14 goals I believe.

They also look miles better than Son. Get them playing in this team which has no delivery from out wide or midfield and I bet they wouldn't look half the players. Neither of our previously incredibly productive forwards are scoring or assisting. It's not a coincidence, they both get maybe 1 or 2 decent chances a game.

Schick has an average record his entire career, on a hot streak right now but Andre Silva was a monster in the Bundesliga last season, so you'll forgive my scepticism. Vlahovic looks a talent but signing players from Serie A is always a risk. It's easy to look at players better than Kane NOW when he's on the worst run in his career, but at even close to his top level he's far, far clear of these names.

Conte will want to keep the top players and improve the system around them. Kane/Son should be kept unless we receive a huge offer, and from there we need a 3rd top attacker, and more creative midfielders.

Neither of our previously incredibly productive forwards are scoring or assisting. It's not a coincidence, they both get maybe 1 or 2 decent chances a game.
A 4% goal conversion rate and -2 goals under xG is shit, regardless of how many opportunities a player gets. He can barely get a shot off unless it's handed to him on a silver platter to his feet and even then he hasn't been able to score. He looks like he's moving in slow motion half the time he tries to make a move of any kind.

They also look miles better than Son. Get them playing in this team which has no delivery from out wide or midfield and I bet they wouldn't look half the players. Neither of our previously incredibly productive forwards are scoring or assisting. It's not a coincidence, they both get maybe 1 or 2 decent chances a game.

Schick has an average record his entire career, on a hot streak right now but Andre Silva was a monster in the Bundesliga last season, so you'll forgive my scepticism. Vlahovic looks a talent but signing players from Serie A is always a risk. It's easy to look at players better than Kane NOW when he's on the worst run in his career, but at even close to his top level he's far, far clear of these names.

Conte will want to keep the top players and improve the system around them. Kane/Son should be kept unless we receive a huge offer, and from there we need a 3rd top attacker, and more creative midfielders.

Yes, but he's not looking like close to that tope level, yet may still pay for a Schick (performing well right now, pre-very injury, so not saying him but his ilk as I'm not a euro anorak, just using him as one I liked at Euros immediately upon watching him).

But, the key point is, he would also pay to fix another area (or at least 50% of it, turning a budgetary punt list into more of a likely sure thing at CB/CM.

This is all on proviso Conte does not get him looking like a fresher fitter him, one I doubt anyone will ever see (though he might hit a 3-6 month patch with Conte or Pep). But, if he's neutral on him going when he sees how the team can get Schick and Zaniolo (say...) for Kanes fee n wages (more or less).

A 4% goal conversion rate and -2 goals under xG is shit, regardless of how many opportunities a player gets. He can barely get a shot off unless it's handed to him on a silver platter to his feet and even then he hasn't been able to score. He looks like he's moving in slow motion half the time he tries to make a move of any kind.

He's out of form when it comes to converting goals. No doubt. So is Son for a long while now (he had a streak at the start of the season, since then nothing) which is a problem. Neither are looking clinical at all. But bad runs for forwards happen, we don't just hit the panic button.

But when your forwards are out of form, giving them 1-2 chances a game isn't helping.

Yes, but he's not looking like close to that tope level, yet may still pay for a Schick (performing well right now, pre-very injury, so not saying him but his ilk as I'm not a euro anorak, just using him as one I liked at Euros immediately upon watching him).

But, the key point is, he would also pay to fix another area (or at least 50% of it, turning a budgetary punt list into more of a likely sure thing at CB/CM.

This is all on proviso Conte does not get him looking like a fresher fitter him, one I doubt anyone will ever see (though he might hit a 3-6 month patch with Conte or Pep). But, if he's neutral on him going when he sees how the team can get Schick and Zaniolo (say...) for Kanes fee n wages (more or less).

If we replace Kane with Schick we're done as a club competing for top 4. Only once before has he even hit double figures, while playing in a free scoring league. He's a good striker, but he isn't a Kane replacement, we need to at least target someone with top level potential.

Conte seems to have been a long time admirer of Kane, and his priority will be to get him back to his top level. I saw good signs of that vs Leeds (particularly his work rate up until the final 10-15 when he ran out of gas) and I'd rather we give that time instead of accepting a massively cut price bid and replacing him with decent at best players.

Selling Kane for 120+ in the summer made sense, selling him for 60/70 or whatever shit fee we'd get now doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom