Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's out of form when it comes to converting goals. No doubt. So is Son for a long while now (he had a streak at the start of the season, since then nothing) which is a problem. Neither are looking clinical at all. But bad runs for forwards happen, we don't just hit the panic button.

But when your forwards are out of form, giving them 1-2 chances a game isn't helping.
The difference between Son and Kane right now is that Son still looks like he can move and find space etc. to get a shot off. Son's shot and finishing has been atrocious though, that I admit.

Physically, Kane just looks so off it. The were a few moments when he was in the box in sort of a dangerous area and he couldn't get a shot off. The old Kane or any decent striker would have put in a move, then got a shot off. But when he tried to make any kind of moves, he just looked like he was gliding in slow motion, with no real threat.

If we replace Kane with Schick we're done as a club competing for top 4. Only once before has he even hit double figures, while playing in a free scoring league. He's a good striker, but he isn't a Kane replacement, we need to at least target someone with top level potential.

Conte seems to have been a long time admirer of Kane, and his priority will be to get him back to his top level. I saw good signs of that vs Leeds (particularly his work rate up until the final 10-15 when he ran out of gas) and I'd rather we give that time instead of accepting a massively cut price bid and replacing him with decent at best players.

Selling Kane for 120+ in the summer made sense, selling him for 60/70 or whatever shit fee we'd get now doesn't.

The idea in that type of scenario, is you shift the dough, if it works you get an epic outcome, if not he's backup as we upgrade next summer (assuming Kane is iffy until Jan and asks to go again).

With a Zaniolo (or choice of Contes in the £50M range for creative CM).

Just think its time and will show up to Christmas, even if he does score a few braces.

The difference between Son and Kane right now is that Son still looks like he can move and find space etc. to get a shot off. Son's shot and finishing has been atrocious though, that I admit.

Physically, Kane just looks so off it. The were a few moments when he was in the box in sort of a dangerous area and he couldn't get a shot off. The old Kane or any decent striker would have put in a move, then got a shot off. But when he tried to make any kind of moves, he just looked like he was gliding in slow motion, with no real threat.

Kane did better than Son did against Leeds in terms of finding spaces for shots. Multiple sharp moments where he was unfortunate, and the missed chance looked like a player overthinking a chance due to a poor run. I honestly didn't see this lack of physicality in this game at all, other than his usual lack of speed, but again that's always been obvious.

I thought he looked our most likely to both score or create a chance.

Kane did better than Son did against Leeds in terms of finding spaces for shots. Multiple sharp moments where he was unfortunate, and the missed chance looked like a player overthinking a chance due to a poor run. I honestly didn't see this lack of physicality in this game at all, other than his usual lack of speed, but again that's always been obvious.

I thought he looked our most likely to both score or create a chance.
If you look at the heatmaps of each player, Kane spent the most time in and around the box on our team so obviously it looked like he was most likely to score just as a function of being the player that spent the most time nearest to the goal.

Kane had 1 shot on target when Lucas put it on a plate for him for a 1v1 with the keeper. He had 3 other shots, all were blocked because he couldn't create any space for himself.

Son and Lucas were barely in and around the box - their roles under Conte are different than what we've been accustomed to, playing more like AMs and ball carriers/dribblers rather than goal scoring forwards.

Overall, I thought Kane's performance really wasn't much better from a goal scoring/threat perspective, than his past performances this year. He still struggled to create any space for himself and anytime he tried to make a move, he lost the ball or fell over. I would give him the benefit of the doubt but this isn't a 1 off where he looked like a non-threat from a goal scoring perspective. Slow, slow, slow.

8MilzVn.jpg

Passing was on point again today, after a really shit showing vs Everton. A number of really impressive balls out wide especially. Definite signs that the key technical parts of his game are returning and the effort levels are up too, so it's just getting that bit of sharpness in and around the box back.

More confident than ever this will happen after the Leeds performance.
Shit show against Everton?
You said exactly the same things about him as you are saying now……that he looked his old self etc etc

You think he started to look sharper against Leeds?
It’s the end of November ffs, is Kane going to need 7 months to look normal?

The Leeds “performance”? Which bit?
The last 15 minutes? The one on one?

Or the bit where he made two passes

You need to set your expectations a tad higher, I’d except a better game from Dane Scarlet

So we're tied for 6th place and 4 points off of 4th place with a striker that has 1 goal in 12 apps with a 4% goal conversion %.

Weren't people saying that we were going to get relegated without Kane's goals and assists?
Oh make no mistake.
Hojberg doesn’t score that without Kane going for a diving header and missing the ball completely but distracting the keeper

And trust me on this. Kane LET Dier take the free kick and not being quick enough to react ALLOWED Reggie to get to the rebound

This win is on Kane mate. Don’t forget some passing earlier too.

Oh make no mistake.
Hojberg doesn’t score that without Kane going for a diving header and missing the ball completely but distracting the keeper

And trust me on this. Kane LET Dier take the free kick and not being quick enough to react ALLOWED Reggie to get to the rebound

This win is on Kane mate. Don’t forget some passing earlier too.
If he didn't do what he did the last 10 minutes of the game, there's a chance that Leeds would have actually scored and the outcome would have been different. Thanks to Kane's heroics, we were able to keep the game at 2-1.

True Spurs fans like me still think that he’s a snake for his behaviour last Summer and pre season

If Pep drops his trousers he’ll be off
It's a shame he's now seen as disloyal after the summer but I guess not all our players will be as loyal as the long term and firm fan favourites - Winks, Dier, Dele and Davies....

:contethumb:

If you look at the heatmaps of each player, Kane spent the most time in and around the box on our team so obviously it looked like he was most likely to score just as a function of being the player that spent the most time nearest to the goal.

Kane had 1 shot on target when Lucas put it on a plate for him for a 1v1 with the keeper. He had 3 other shots, all were blocked because he couldn't create any space for himself.

Son and Lucas were barely in and around the box - their roles under Conte are different than what we've been accustomed to, playing more like AMs and ball carriers/dribblers rather than goal scoring forwards.

Overall, I thought Kane's performance really wasn't much better from a goal scoring/threat perspective, than his past performances this year. He still struggled to create any space for himself and anytime he tried to make a move, he lost the ball or fell over. I would give him the benefit of the doubt but this isn't a 1 off where he looked like a non-threat from a goal scoring perspective. Slow, slow, slow.

8MilzVn.jpg
Looks like Son is playing more of a central role after Conte came. I think he can really thrive in that role given his pace and trickery. Kane was unlucky not to score against Leeds. I hope he can change that the next game. Moura on the other hand has been great IMO.

Yes, Lewandowski showed today that he really needs the ball put on a plate for him.

:goonermong:

Lol. You're really going to use one goal, one clip as some kind of "Oh, look. I was right all along." schtick?

Plus Dynamo Kiev are about as good as Fulham. He's flat track bullying again, Robert. All while playing for one of the best two or three teams in the world.

Looks like Son is playing more of a central role after Conte came. I think he can really thrive in that role given his pace and trickery. Kane was unlucky not to score against Leeds. I hope he can change that the next game. Moura on the other hand has been great IMO.
Kane needs the ball served on a plate for him because he is rarely going to be able create a shot for himself.

Lol. You're really going to use one goal, one clip as some kind of "Oh, look. I was right all along." schtick?

Plus Dynamo Kiev are about as good as Fulham. He's flat track bullying again, Robert. All while playing for one of the best two or three teams in the world.
Dynamo knocked us out of the Europa league last season, albeit, without our best player (Son).

They're not San Marino or Albania or Pacos or Mura.

Dynamo knocked us out of the Europa league last season, albeit, without our best player (Son).

They're not San Marino or Albania or Pacos or Mura.

Well that doesn't mean anything.

They're basically a bunch of farmers from Siberia. But, unlike you, I actually class every goal as a goal.

“LEWANDOSKI HAS ONLY SCORED ONE GOOD GOAL”

Back
Top Bottom