Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you want to take out the 11 game purple patch from last season, here are the stats:

Reading comprehension issues on your part......

Why would I propose that, you muppet. My very point is that you wanting to veto Kane's assist tally is nothing more than self-serving bullshit.

Non Penalty Goal Contributions Since the Start of 18/19
Son: 58 non penalty goal contributions
Kane: 51 non penalty goal contribution

Either you take out all of Sonny's purple patches too or this aspect of the conversation is a waste of time.

So, broadly similar contributions, assuming you discard a category of goals.
But remember, Son has done more against the Big 4.

Also, this isn't supposed to be a comparison between Kane and Son. It's meant to show how far Kane has fallen. Prior to 2018, Kane was hands down better. But now you could definitely argue that Son has been a better player than Kane just looking at his goal contributions, performance against better/big teams, his role in our run to the CL Final, stepping up when Kane went down etc.

For the record, I don't think Son is world class or a top level player. So what does that make Kane? Probably not world class or close to it either.

Reading comprehension issues on your part......

Why would I propose that, you muppet. My very point is that you wanting to veto Kane's assist tally is nothing more than self-serving bullshit.

Either you take out all of Sonny's purple patches too or this aspect of the conversation is a waste of time.
Take out penalties and Kane is more or less as 'patchy' as Son.

I've shown you the data/stats before.

All players have rough patches. Kane just benefits from penalties which gives you the impression that he's more consistent.

Non Penalty Goal Contributions Since 18/19 Season
Son: 72 non penalty goal contributions
Kane: 70 non penalty goal contributions

WOW.... Imagine..... 2 w-h-o-l-e goals during 3 years in a team that now significantly benefits Sonny's skill set.........

Enthralling stuff and definitely worth 3/4 month of consistent trolling and utter gymnastic bullshit on your part (such as the latest shit-take that any spike in Kane's numbers should be discredited).

So anyway yeh.... You'd rather we'd never had Kane during this period.

I'm glad we had both.

WOW.... Imagine..... 2 w-h-o-l-e goals during 3 years in a team that now significantly benefits Sonny's skill set.........

Enthralling stuff and definitely worth 3/4 month of consistent trolling and utter gymnastic bullshit on your part (such as the latest shit-take that any spike in Kane's numbers should be discredited).

I'm glad we had both.
Repost:

"Also, this isn't supposed to be a comparison between Kane and Son. It's meant to show how far Kane has fallen."

As has been highlighted numerous times; you can't even commit to what "it" constitutes.

Ultimately if he's finished, we'll see.... You obsessing about it (and pretending that anyone that questions the slightest thing you say is in complete polar opposition to you ) won't change anything.
As I said, the excuses are nonsense because not once in that list, from The Disciples have I once heard:

“Kane has regressed and it’s his fault”

The emperor’s new clothes has never been so embarrassingly evident

I'm glad we had both.

It really does. We played far more to Kane's strength under Poch when we had Rose/Walker overlapping and getting crosses in, we had Eriksen creating and were competent in general at set pieces, and we played one touch, combination football around the box to set Kane free for shots.

As you say, since then we've been a passive side, one who play on the counter. And this hugely benefits a counter attacking player in Son. With the ball he's often pretty ineffective, he thrives in space .. which we've been built around getting him. Especially in big games.

As I've said before, I honestly think even a bonafide world class CF like Lewandowski would struggle for us, because more traditional CF's in that mould NEED the right kind of service.

It really does. We played far more to Kane's strength under Poch when we had Rose/Walker overlapping and getting crosses in, we had Eriksen creating and were competent in general at set pieces, and we played one touch, combination football around the box to set Kane free for shots.

As you say, since then we've been a passive side, one who play on the counter. And this hugely benefits a counter attacking player in Son. With the ball he's often pretty ineffective, he thrives in space .. which we've been built around getting him. Especially in big games.
Wait... so now we're not playing to Kane's strengths.

But I thought he won the Golden Boot and had Top Assists last season and his game has evolved into one that is a more complete/team player?

I thought he had his best season last season?

Why is the narrative of the Kane Cult changing.

:dembelelol:

Shhhh.... We're not allowed to consider that time-frame though.... A time-frame where Son was struggling to consolidate a spot as a starter and was being kept out by the now apparently "always was shit" Dele.

As I've said before, I honestly think even a bonafide world class CF like Lewandowski would struggle for us, because more traditional CF's in that mould NEED the right kind of service.

Oh no...... This team that hasn't mustered a shot on target for weeks now would be smashing them in for fun if it wasn't for Kane.... Just look at the massive 2 in 2 tally at the start of the season without him.

ipWgVDY.gif

Back
Top Bottom