Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players increase in value from season to season.... Your point?

The fact is; if there was no option attached to the loan, Juve would have either kept Romero or sold him at a big profit themselves.

Lo Celso wasn't bought by Betis in the same window as he was sold by them.
Well, that is what I stated in the post you replied to ....but you then brought up other topics that I initially did not bring up but now responding to...
Betis activated the option on Lo Celso in April 2019 and sold him in August 2019. So, yes, it was not the same window as Betis could activate the buy-out option before the window opened ...but there was no window between the purchase and sale of Lo Celso either...

Well, that is what I stated in the post you replied to ....but you then brought up other topics that I initially did not bring up but now responding to...

Nah....

I simply said the scenario was different....

You asked me to expand, so I did.

Betis activated the option on Lo Celso in April 2019 and sold him in August 2019. So, yes, it was not the same window as Betis could activate the buy-out option before the window opened ...but there was no window between the purchase and sale of Lo Celso either...

I guess either way we're splitting hairs at this point.....

The issue here is that Juve would only serve to benefit on a tax level if they under-reported the price they sold Romero to Atalanta for..... So, unless Atalanta paid them a bunch more under the table (in which case they'll find themselves dragged into it too); then there's nothing to see in this particular case.

Certainly nothing to incriminate us with either way.

The Romero deal is pretty simple really, maybe I'll use a Spurs analogy to illustrate what happened.
Imagine we loaned Dele Alli from MK Dons initially for a year with a set fee to buy him at the end of the season. He comes in, plays absolutely brilliantly and we buy him for that set fee, £5m
But, he was so good, Real Madid decide they want him. MK Dons are stuffed, they agreed to sell to us for £5m and can't back track. Because he's only signed for us in the summer, Real Madrid can't actually sign him from because a player can't be bought and sold in the same window. So we loan him to Real Madrid until the next window and they buy him from us for a pre-agreed price.

That's all that happened. Juve maybe didn't anticipate how good Romero would be at Atalanta and were happy to loan him out and agree a fixed selling price at the end. So they lost out. Atalanta on the other hand struck gold. They made almost £35m in a year and had a great performing player during that period.

The Romero deal is pretty simple really, maybe I'll use a Spurs analogy to illustrate what happened.
Imagine we loaned Dele Alli from MK Dons initially for a year with a set fee to buy him at the end of the season. He comes in, plays absolutely brilliantly and we buy him for that set fee, £5m
But, he was so good, Real Madid decide they want him. MK Dons are stuffed, they agreed to sell to us for £5m and can't back track. Because he's only signed for us in the summer, Real Madrid can't actually sign him from because a player can't be bought and sold in the same window. So we loan him to Real Madrid until the next window and they buy him from us for a pre-agreed price.

That's all that happened. Juve maybe didn't anticipate how good Romero would be at Atalanta and were happy to loan him out and agree a fixed selling price at the end. So they lost out. Atalanta on the other hand struck gold. They made almost £35m in a year and had a great performing player during that period.
Still a bit fishy though

Signed for £24million from Genoa as 6th or 7th choice defender and loaned straight back to Genoa.
Loaned to Atalanta for £3.4 million with a set transfer fee of £13.5million, has a blinding season apparently and comes to us for £45million.

So Juve lost nearly £10 million on a player who never played a game for them but by all accounts was superb and Atalanta stand to make a £30million profit.

I mean it can happen, I just find it strange that Juve were happy to write off £10million on a young playerwho apparently was better than what they had.

Still a bit fishy though

Signed for £24million from Genoa as 6th or 7th choice defender and loaned straight back to Genoa.
Loaned to Atalanta for £3.4 million with a set transfer fee of £13.5million, has a blinding season apparently and comes to us for £45million.

So Juve lost nearly £10 million on a player who never played a game for them but by all accounts was superb and Atalanta stand to make a £30million profit.

I mean it can happen, I just find it strange that Juve were happy to write off £10million on a young playerwho apparently was better than what they had.

Spurs are notorious for signing young players with potential and losing money on them. N'Jie etc etc. I still think Pappe-Sarr is firmly in that bracket. Get him cheap now, loan him for the season, hope he shines then sell him on for a quick buck.
Player transfers is a business. Everyone thinks every signing teams make is made to play in that team, it's not. There are opportunities to use them as investments to make money in a year or two.

Teams hedge their bests by signing quite a few younger players year on year, most of them won't make it. some will go for a quick profit, some might do well enough to make it to the first team.

Spurs are notorious for signing young players with potential and losing money on them. N'Jie etc etc. I still think Pappe-Sarr is firmly in that bracket. Get him cheap now, loan him for the season, hope he shines then sell him on for a quick buck.
Player transfers is a business. Everyone thinks every signing teams make is made to play in that team, it's not. There are opportunities to use them as investments to make money in a year or two.

Teams hedge their bests by signing quite a few younger players year on year, most of them won't make it. some will go for a quick profit, some might do well enough to make it to the first team.
But we simply don’t sell players, for profit or a loss. It’s completely stopped other than the odd outlier

I’m not against using our brand to buy players to flip, as long as it’s complemented by premium players as well. I would allocate a £30M annual budget to do exactly that from the championship - pick up some HG players on low wages and see if any stick. Damn sight easier to move on the N’nobodies from
France

But we simply don’t sell players, for profit or a loss. It’s completely stopped other than the odd outlier

Then there's the facts:

Last 3 years.......

Foyth - Profit.

13m profit on KWP

Eriksen - Profit after 7 years good service.

Trippier - Big profit

Joe Hart - Profit.

Pretty much broke even on Toby after 5 years of good service.

.......18 players in total sold or contracts expired.

I’m not against using our brand to buy players to flip, as long as it’s complemented by premium players as well. I would allocate a £30M annual budget to do exactly that from the championship - pick up some HG players on low wages and see if any stick. Damn sight easier to move on the N’nobodies from
France

Some one started getting greedy and that's why signings (and academy players) aren't selling.
:levyeyes:

Then there's the facts:

Last 3 years.......

Foyth - Profit.

13m profit on KWP

Trippier - Big profit

Joe Hart - Profit.

Hahahhaha

RELENTLESS

Then there's the facts:

Last 3 years.......

Foyth - Profit.

13m profit on KWP

Trippier - Big profit

Joe Hart - Profit.

All nominal fees compared to what our peers have recovered by churning players.

All nominal fees compared to what our peers have recovered by churning players.

As usual, perhaps heed the claim I was responding to rather than just flip the script onto something else...

You said: "we simply don’t sell players, for profit or a loss"

Bullshit statement.

Besides, you'd shit yourself if we sold any of our good players anyway and cry "no ambition" and "Levy's gonna keep all the money".......

As usual, perhaps heed the claim I was responding to rather than just flip the script onto something else...

You said: "we simply don’t sell players, for profit or a loss"

Bullshit statement.

Besides, you'd shit yourself if we sold any of our good players anyway and cry "no ambition" and "Levy's gonna keep all the money".......
I certainly wouldn’t shit myself, we’ve shit the bed by not flipping players and reinvesting.

We haven’t sold a player other than the odd outlier - all of that lot had contracts expiring or were peripheral. Perhaps I should have made the statement clearer to appease the internet police interrogation from Levy’s lackey

I certainly wouldn’t shit myself, we’ve shit the bed by not flipping players and reinvesting.

We haven’t sold a player other than the odd outlier -

I think it's time you got a dictionary out, bruv....

all of that lot had contracts expiring or were peripheral. Perhaps I should have made the statement clearer to appease the internet police interrogation from Levy’s lackey

Nah, just chat less shit.... It is somewhat tiresome correcting so much guff that get's written in order to paint the club in a poor light, but rest assured; I'm here for you. :dierpochhug:

We haven’t sold a player other than the odd outlier - all of that lot had contracts expiring or were peripheral. Perhaps I should have made the statement clearer to appease the internet police interrogation from Levy’s lackey
Hahahha - BRUTAL

I think it's time you got a dictionary out, bruv....

Nah, just chat less shit.... It is somewhat tiresome correcting so much guff that get's written in order to paint the club in a poor light, but rest assured; I'm here for you. :dierpochhug:
Fuck yourself you patronising little runt

Original post wasn’t intended to paint the club in a bad light, ‘‘twas an observation. We simply haven’t sold enough players to fund the rebuild. We’ve been too slow to move players on and as a fanbase we are terrified to sell players because of the media narrative

Fuck yourself you patronising little runt

There's not point getting antsy cos you've been rightfully contradicted over some botched claim that even now you're bumbling about trying to re-define....

Even less so, considering you're the one that started slinging out jibes; like 'Levy's lackey'.

So with that in mind, you go fuck yourself first, you emotionally incontinent, knuckledragger.

:tanguythumb:

Original post wasn’t intended to paint the club in a bad light, ‘‘twas an observation. We simply haven’t sold enough players to fund the rebuild. We’ve been too slow to move players on and as a fanbase we are terrified to sell players because of the media narrative

There's probably a dicussion to be had there.... Shame you failed to get close to articulating this in your first couple of attempts.

There's not point getting antsy cos you've been rightfully contradicted over some botched claim that even now you're bumbling about trying to re-define....

Even less so, considering you're the one that started slinging out jibes; like 'Levy's lackey'.

So with that in mind, you go fuck yourself first, you emotionally incontinent, knuckledragger.

:tanguythumb:

There's probably a dicussion to be had there.... Shame you failed to get close to articulating this in your first couple of attempts.
Ridiculous human

Back
Top Bottom