BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not especially; no... Just that there's always some twist used to play down our results....

That may well have been the case, but as per my previous post; peeps were saying similar when we beat them too.

Considering we were on our knees just weeks ago and still have issues like no Romero, no creativity from MF and Kane still mis-firing; every win between now and the Jan trf window is a good win.
Here he is!!!

Not especially; no... Just that there's always some twist used to play down our results....

That may well have been the case, but as per my previous post; peeps were saying similar when we beat them too.

Considering we were on our knees just weeks ago and still have issues like no Romero, no creativity from MF and Kane still mis-firing; every win between now and the Jan trf window is a good win.
Perhaps some people do that, I'm not about narratives myself, I just say it as I see it.
And the way I saw it tonight Brentford played like a team whose premiership honeymoon period is over and are going to be in a relegation struggle 2nd half of the season.

That's not me saying we were poor though, I thought our back 5 neutralised their aerial threat very well which is a credit as that was a big fear for me going into this game.

I do think we badly need some creativity in the centre of the park and its desperate we address that in January.

Embrace my greatness and influence
No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Just want to say a big F U to all the Tottenham haters on here. Sorry they ruined your night by playing great.

This team is getting top four, I’ve been saying and I will keep saying it. The talent is there, Conte just needs time.
The talent is definetely not there when you compare it to United, but Conte can work miracles. I wouldn't mind any position this year as long as we finish above the scum. If we get top 4, then we're in a very good position for the next season, but I'm not expecting this.

Perhaps some people do that, I'm not about narratives myself, I just say it as I see it.

Fair play.... My OG post was just tongue in cheek..... Not to say it isn't true of some though.

Even throughout the game, where we were comfortable and had some of the best spells of football we'd seen in a while; some were pre-occupied with filling up this thread with dirge slagging off Winks, PEH, Sanchez, Emerson, Davies, Kane.....

Decent enough performance but still massive improvement needed

Kane again, shit apart from a couple of Hollywood balls, takes one touch too many every single time

Reguilon is starting to bring me round, much better at wing back, just needs more composure in the final third

Skipp was excellent, I hate Ndombele but feel we need him as Skipp and Hoj are much of a muchness

Lucas lively again

Defence was fine

Onwards and upwards

Good Result.

Moving the ball out from the back much quicker, particularly on the left.

Painful lack of invention. That is definitely where the focus should be in the transfer window, we can manage with what we have elsewhere for now, but lack of creativity will absolutely drag us down.
Agreed but a few shoots, harry goal and Skipp playing forwards.

Hope Ndombele can get in, expect him not to

Admittedly Brentford were not big opponents but for the first time in ages i saw us really working, pressing and looking to steal the second balls. Working progress but def enjoying my pint tonight

Back
Top Bottom