Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to stop acting like victims.

The reason we had to play West Ham with the shits was because they had the FA Cup final the following week
. They were, rightly, unwilling to play a midweek game before that final where Liverpool would have had the whole week to prepare. And the rules then were that the league had to finish before the FA Cup final.

AND Big Martin Jol didn't have to pick players who couldn't keep the shit inside, they didn't all have it. It would have made more sense to pick lesser players who could run without crapping their shorts.

Other than that one incident, a lifetime ago
, why do so many of you think we have been treated less fairly than other teams?
...but that wasn't OUR problem, was it?
As you say: "they were, rightly, unwilling to play a midweek game before that final"
...and the FA duly obliged.
Good for them, they shouldn't have qualified for the Final if they didn't want a fixture pile-up!

But guess what, WE should've been (quite RIGHTLY) unwilling to play a game where three quarters of the team couldn't stand up without shitting, vomiting, or both!
But WE didn't get the choice. THAT'S the difference.

...and 15 years ISN'T a lifetime ago... Unless we're using Medieval life expectancy and infant mortality rates!!

The reason we had to play West Ham with the shits was because they had the FA Cup final the following week. They were, rightly, unwilling to play a midweek game before that final where Liverpool would have had the whole week to prepare. And the rules then were that the league had to finish before the FA Cup final.

AND Big Martin Jol didn't have to pick players who couldn't keep the shit inside, they didn't all have it. It would have made more sense to pick lesser players who could run without crapping their shorts.

Other than that one incident, a lifetime ago, why do so many of you think we have been treated less fairly than other teams?
Don't want to derail this thread entirely but for me there is a clear pecking order in this division and its historically been weighted towards the bigger clubs. Perhaps we have even benefitted slightly from this ourselves when we play the clubs lower down the pecking order - could be debated.

We've been on the end of so many dodgy decisions through the years particularly against the bigger sides that I don't think its a case of paranoia or conspiracy theories. Who can forget Pedro Mendes where the ball was a good 2 feet behind the goal line? An endless string of "soft" penalty decisions at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Anfield down through the years.

Back then Woolwich had David Dein in charge and he had his tongue lodged firmly in some powerful people's arseholes. Its no co-incidence that his departure marked their decline.

I can also remember the cameras going to a room in Highbury where there were tons of FA and PL officials all celebrating Woolwich making top 4 with the alcohol flowing. You could say perhaps they were celebrating the final match at Highbury, but I don't recall similar scenes when we departed the old WHL.
Let's just say if nothing else that was terrible optics.

Not trying to claim we are victims but historically we haven't benefitted as much as the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich. I think that's very clear.

...but that wasn't OUR problem, was it?
As you say: "they were, rightly, unwilling to play a midweek game before that final"
...and the FA duly obliged.
Good for them, they shouldn't have qualified for the Final if they didn't want a fixture pile-up!

But guess what, WE should've been (quite RIGHTLY) unwilling to play a game where three quarters of the team couldn't stand up without shitting, vomiting, or both!
But WE didn't get the choice. THAT'S the difference.

...and 15 years ISN'T a lifetime ago... Unless we're using Medieval life expectancy and infant mortality rates!!
If we didn't play it would have gone down as a 3-0 loss. We could have taken that option.

Don't want to derail this thread entirely but for me there is a clear pecking order in this division and its historically been weighted towards the bigger clubs. Perhaps we have even benefitted slightly from this ourselves when we play the clubs lower down the pecking order - could be debated.

We've been on the end of so many dodgy decisions through the years particularly against the bigger sides that I don't think its a case of paranoia or conspiracy theories.

Back then Woolwich had David Dein in charge and he had his tongue lodged firmly in some powerful people's arseholes. Its no co-incidence that his departure marked their decline.

I can also remember the cameras going to a room in Highbury where there were tons of FA and PL officials all celebrating Woolwich making top 4 with the alcohol flowing. You could say perhaps they were celebrating the final match at Highbury, but I don't recall similar scenes when we departed the old WHL.

Not trying to claim we are victims but historically we haven't benefitted as much as the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich. I think that's very clear.

List them.

Imagine if we are down to 13. We put out whoever is fit.
Gollini, Scarlett, Markanday, Rodon et al for the next 3 games. Smash the oppo and play total Conte ball.

This is when legends are born!!

Doubt it would get to that - if we had that many people testing positive we would have to shut the training ground and send them all home

The reason we had to play West Ham with the shits was because they had the FA Cup final the following week. They were, rightly, unwilling to play a midweek game before that final where Liverpool would have had the whole week to prepare. And the rules then were that the league had to finish before the FA Cup final.

Other than that one incident, a lifetime ago, why do so many of you think we have been treated less fairly than other teams?

I definitely don’t think you’re a spurs fan. End of

List them.
There have been so many down through the years, and I've also forgotten so many.

Just off the top of my head games I was at.

vs. Man Utd
The infamous Mendes incident
string of soft penalties at OT think we had a string of consecutive games where we conceded penalties (the Gomes on Carrick one where Gomes got clear hands on the ball stands out clearly in my mind)
Another one that sits clearly in my mind as it really fucked me off at the time was a soft late penalty at WHL when it looked like we were on the verge of a point an innocuous coming together of Eric Edman and I think Van Nistelrooy? It was a big deal getting a point from Man Utd back then and we were fucking robbed.

vs Liverpool
Late soft penalty where Michael Owen dived under minimal contact and we went down 2-1 late on at Anfield, that was a fun trip back as our car was also keyed and the back windscreen cracked.
Different game at Anfield Tarricho getting sent off for fuck all when we were winning and we ended up going down 3-2 I think.

vs Chelsea
Soft penalty at the lane in a game we were well in, Graham Poll refereeing, minimal contact. Damian Duff scored or won the penalty I forget which.

You could argue the whys and wherefores, with decisions its often subjective and often biased.

I don't think you can argue that down through the years the bigger club get more decisions.

I think there are penalties won tables and such you can find objective data to support this but I really can't be arsed to get into it.

If we didn't play it would have gone down as a 3-0 loss. We could have taken that option.
Not playing/refusing to play is not the same as asking the game to be delayed by 24hrs, at LEAST so the players could wipe their arses and rehydrate!!
The disadvantage we had by being MADE to play when we did, was inifiitely more compared to West Ham (who had little or nothing to play for in the league) being asked to play 24 hours later...

Even IF they had agreed to rearrange, West Ham playing in the Cup final the following weekend still wasn't a reason to not play midweek.
Us being unable to field a full team who weren't shitting themselves transparent WAS a good reason to postpone for 24 hrs.
Yet we weren't even given the option!

We've been on the end of so many dodgy decisions through the years particularly against the bigger sides that I don't think its a case of paranoia or conspiracy theories. Who can forget Pedro Mendes where the ball was a good 2 feet behind the goal line? An endless string of "soft" penalty decisions at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Anfield down through the years.

Or the FA think Levy is a twat and aren't interested in Spurs... I mean, we all think he's a twat.. :contethumb:

Gobbygonk multi?

Back
Top Bottom