Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hate to be the forum police but if you want to talk about covid vaccines, the effectiveness thereof and general pandemic related stuff, we have a very active thread in off topic where I'll be more than happy to call you a cunt.

Can we please keep this related to the spurs outbreak and how it affects the wellbeing of our players, our upcoming fixtures and the season at large?

We've got what... 25 players on our 1st team? 6 players got it. Yeah the vaccine is shit at preventing illness.

The vaccine is primarily intended to heavily reduce your chance of hospitalisation if you do get covid. It protects people from serious symptoms, it doesn't mean once you're vaccinated you're then safe from getting it at all.

Seriously, we're very far in to a pandemic now .. people should know this.

FGzY9rhXwAEjD7N

Villa v Burnley game called off 2 hours before kick off. Why not first thing this morning? Total disregard for supporters yet again. All well and good apologising for any inconvenience, back it up with some financial compensation.

Why are the covid patients in hospitals many vaccinated ones?
Pfizer = 96% effective after double dose. So 4% ineffective.
Astra-Zeneca = 92% effective. 8% ineffective.

You need a vaccine boost as their effectiveness wanes over time. So there are plenty of people who are less protected than they were after they had their last jab.

35% in hospital unvaccinated according to fullfact.org, the newbie supposedly neutral fact checking body of whom I know little.

Articles in The Guardian - a 200 year-old institution who, regardless of their political bent, are known for their robust fact-checking - have mentioned that the overwhelming majority in ICU (not just in hospital) are unvaccinated; as many from a younger age bracket as from the over-75s.

Whatever the actual number is, it wouldn’t be as high if the unvaccinated used the once-plentiful supply of oxygen in their brains and got the jab in the first place. Those precious hospital beds would be available to others rather than supporting inanimate, breathless, anti-vax demi-cadavers.

I rather like this article, straight from the mouth of a front-liner rather than a swivel-eyed dribbling tin-foil hat wearing twat (not meaning you - I’m sure you sport finest tweed):

Seriously, am hoping we are using this to shithouse the hell out of this corrupt league with fake injuries etc.

The shit they have done to us over the years.
If a meteor exploded in our ground I'm convinced the PL would dock us points for failing to complete our fixtures.

Never forgive them for lasagne gate, particularly when the camera's went to Highbury and all the FA and PL executives were their celebrating Woolwich making top 4 on that final day.

Corrupt as fuck

I'm not vaccinated btw but thinking of getting vaccine finally. I've had covid twice now with little to no symptoms so a part of me is somewhat scared to get vaccinated but I have a 17 month old and my missus is pregnant again so its now making me want to get it tbh.

I don't condem anyone's personal choice tbh. personally I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I could have passed it on to missus and/or child which is why I will probably end up getting vaccinated it soon.
No rush mate

If the Premier League will forfeit a match because of snow but not because of a mass Covid outbreak, then it tells you everything you need to know about people running it.

Just watched the press conference, Antonio is so upset about the situation, he is close to tears. He realises that the health of people is more important than playing a game.

Get your booster and help reduce pressure on NHS. I didn't even feel the needle and apart from a slightly sore arm the next day had no side effects whatsoever.
Nuff said.

But I’m tempted to add: Respectfully just because you vaccine sceptics can google some stuff (faked and misinterpreted facts, tables, stats spread by conspiracy theorists and witch doctors) please don’t call it ‘doing research’ as it’s an insult to anyone doing any kind of legitimate study.

Back
Top Bottom