Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get the Rennes match out of the way even if we have to play only youth team players. With the likelihood of Brighton and Leicester being postponed on top of Burnley we really can’t have another match to be rearranged. Oh and the completion rules state that it would have to be played before 31 December and we don’t have a single spare date before then without playing three matches in seven days. It’s impossible.

TBH we could do with those two potential playoff dates for two of the postponed PL matches anyway so going out may be for the best under the circumstances.

Look at the positive. Get through against Rennes we progress. We get knocked out then have Brighton and Leicester postponed which gives players break and fresh from Liverpool games. Rearrange games against Burnley.Brighton and Leicester with our new players after Janauary window. I’ll get my coat.

These weren't the reasons given by Scudamore when he refused to visit West Ham on the day as he was quaffing with David Dein on the Goons last match at Highbury.
The FA stated you have to fulfil your fixtures or risk a fine or points deduction (the latter had happened to Middlesbrough a few years before, so precedent)
Jol asked for 24 hours, so a mid week fixture for West Ham never came into the reckoning. (WEST Ham were amenable from what I've read before).
Most of our major players had it, to differing degrees. The integrity of the league is often cited. There was no integrity on that day.
As for us being victims, all clubs can ask for a level playing field. I do think there is a hierarchy whereby FAs (abroad as well) treat clubs differently. I always ask what would have happened if the situation was reversed, Dein having lunch with Scudamore and Goon players were dropping like flies, in a crunch match that would have secured Champs league and their precarious finances with their new stadium.

But, off topic anyway.

It's bad luck for us that just when a chance to play 2 weakened teams happens, snow intervenes in Burnley and maybe Covid with Brighton.

West Ham were being dicks. They may have said they would postpone the game, but they knew fully well it was impossible. They knew they wouldn't be playing midweek and they know they couldn't play the fixture after the final. What they actually said was "we'd be happy to postpone the fixture but we can't"

I don't know why so many people think there's some kind of conspiracy against us. As you rightly state, there was precedent for teams having to forfeit a game because they couldn't fulfil a fixture.

The only reason teams can do it now because of covid is because a) there's a world wide drive to stop it spreading and b) it's just about the only way to allow the football season to carry on. If they made teams forfeit every time there's an outbreak, we could be in a position where we finish behind a team who were given points for fixtures they never had to play. That would be sickening.

GIF by Team Coco

if the Premier league force us to fulfil our fixtures after allowing City to postpone their game (who had 4 cases....and named Walker and Jesus as 2 of the players meaning the other 2 wernts even starters) and also postponing our game vs Fulgam a couple of hours before the game then they are well and truly corrupt.

if the Premier league force us to fulfil our fixtures after allowing City to postpone their game (who had 4 cases....and named Walker and Jesus as 2 of the players meaning the other 2 wernts even starters) and also postponing our game vs Fulgam a couple of hours before the game then they are well and truly corrupt.

Why would they?
Why are so many people expecting us to get shafted?

What evidence is there that is leading people to act like such victims?

If a meteor exploded in our ground I'm convinced the PL would dock us points for failing to complete our fixtures.

Never forgive them for lasagne gate, particularly when the camera's went to Highbury and all the FA and PL executives were their celebrating Woolwich making top 4 on that final day.

Corrupt as fuck

Absolute corruption.

We need to really improve this side of our "game".

Same goes with international releases etc. No fucking reason for us to be school prefects.

Back
Top Bottom