Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back to the thread topic - Dan Kilpatrick on Talk Sport saying the game with Rennes likely to go ahead and we'd have to play the kids but the game(s) in the league likely to be called off.

I've said this elsewhere, but the football at the weekend at the moment is just about the only thing keeping me sane and the only thing I look forward to at the end of a busy week. And now that's being taken away with worrying frequency. Bummer.
But by the time we play Brighton and Leicester,

The list of nonsense I've heard from people resisting the vaccine really just shows what the world has now come to. Where the voices of the stupid seem to be the loudest and most heard.

It's a combination of really poor science literacy and social media. The sheer amount of disinformation is staggering and it's even worse when it is in an echo chamber of someone's social media feed.

It's unrealistic that we expect the average person to be really well versed in all forms of science, but some of the claims out there about vaccines or this virus should be able to be easily brushed off by most people if they had even the most basic understanding. This is really a failing of educational systems first and foremost. There is a lot of education going on in schools with almost nothing available when it comes to critical thinking.

There are always a low percentage of people who have adverse reactions to any vaccine or drug, but the risk of heart damage from a virus is much higher. Even flu can damage the heart. Believe me.
Sure but if someone is worried about those reactions, you cant really tell them to take it anyway.

I tested positive for Covid last Thursday. After a couple days of mild cold like symptoms I've now got no symptoms at all (maybe slight loss of smell but even that's pushing it). I took a lateral test at home today out of curiosity and it's a negative.

edit: it wasn't a false positive either. Tested positive twice on lateral and then positive again on PCR test so I definitely had it.

Yeah, I agree it’s up to them. But they are pretty dim and have a much higher chance of dying.
I'm not vaccinated btw but thinking of getting vaccine finally. I've had covid twice now with little to no symptoms so a part of me is somewhat scared to get vaccinated but I have a 17 month old and my missus is pregnant again so its now making me want to get it tbh.

I don't condem anyone's personal choice tbh. personally I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I could have passed it on to missus and/or child which is why I will probably end up getting vaccinated it soon.

It's a combination of really poor science literacy and social media. The sheer amount of disinformation is staggering and it's even worse when it is in an echo chamber of someone's social media feed.

It's unrealistic that we expect the average person to be really well versed in all forms of science, but some of the claims out there about vaccines or this virus should be able to be easily brushed off by most people if they had even the most basic understanding. This is really a failing of educational systems first and foremost. There is a lot of education going on in schools with almost nothing available when it comes to critical thinking.
The problem is the internet. Every yokel with a camera and a Facebook account is a fucking expert. If this had happened 30 years ago, everyone would listen to what the government health services recommended and would have gotten their jabs pronto. There would still be a 1-2% conspiracy theorists out there, but that would pretty much be it. In this day and age there is so much misinformation that is presented in a believable way and is readily available to anyone with 2008 or later smartphone, that 20-30% of the population believes garbage instead of reputable organizations.

I think Spursy continued through Pouch's reign and really had a renaissance after it.
Like coming back from major adversity to get to a Champions League final....and conceding a penalty 30 seconds in, ending the game as a contest.
Like not signing players for ages and then breaking the duck - by signing Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Ndombele
Like hiring a coach who has won a trophy with every club he's coached - and then us.
Like spending 547 years looking for the perfect coach and then landing on Nono.

I mean, there is a case for it, I don't deny that, but I got out of the habbit of associating bad things with the word under Poch.

The amount of rubbish concerning the vaccine is staggering.

Give a thousand people a bowl of peanuts and the chances are that some will have mild, or if they're unlucky, severe allergic reaction.

Just get fully vaccinated unless advised by a medic. Ignore the Neanderthals on social media.

Sure but if someone is worried about those reactions, you cant really tell them to take it anyway.

I mean, ultimately it is someone's decisions but it seems weird to not take a vaccine for a potential side when the illness can also have a similar effect at an even higher chance of likelihood.

The amount of rubbish concerning the vaccine is staggering.

Give a thousand people a bowl of peanuts and the chances are that some will have mild, or if they're unlucky, severe allergic reaction.

Just get fully vaccinated unless advised by a medic. Ignore the Neanderthals on social media.
From what I gather it’s more of a cultural issue, sure there’s plenty of anti vaxxers, but I’m told most who won’t take it are doing so for cultural reasons. Please don’t shoot the messenger btw, I’ve had two jabs and a booster

I don't condem anyone's personal choice tbh. personally I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I could have passed it on to missus and/or child which is why I will probably end up getting vaccinated it soon.
What about all the other unfortunates who have crossed your path while you had Covid? Don't they count?

You can pass on the virus while you have no symptoms. The severity of the disease to the infected person runs from nothing to a few sniffles to severe respiratory problems. At the severe end of the spectrum you will be occupying NHS resources and affecting its ability to perform elective interventions e.g. cancer, heart, hip replacement etc.

Just get vaccinated.

I'm not vaccinated btw but thinking of getting vaccine finally. I've had covid twice now with little to no symptoms so a part of me is somewhat scared to get vaccinated but I have a 17 month old and my missus is pregnant again so its now making me want to get it tbh.

Just do it mate. There’s another story every week of someone who didn't get it for one reason or another (very fit, young, afraid of side effects, listened to too much shit on the internet, etc) and then wished they’d had the vaccine while on their last legs on a ventilator. You’ll be fine.

Oh, and I forgot to mention; my son is a paramedic with the NHS and has ferried more than a few unvaccinated people to hospital with severe (likely unsurvivable) Covid.

Back
Top Bottom