Dec '21 COVID Outbreak

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't want to derail this thread entirely but for me there is a clear pecking order in this division and its historically been weighted towards the bigger clubs. Perhaps we have even benefitted slightly from this ourselves when we play the clubs lower down the pecking order - could be debated.

We've been on the end of so many dodgy decisions through the years particularly against the bigger sides that I don't think its a case of paranoia or conspiracy theories. Who can forget Pedro Mendes where the ball was a good 2 feet behind the goal line? An endless string of "soft" penalty decisions at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Anfield down through the years.

Back then Woolwich had David Dein in charge and he had his tongue lodged firmly in some powerful people's arseholes. Its no co-incidence that his departure marked their decline.

I can also remember the cameras going to a room in Highbury where there were tons of FA and PL officials all celebrating Woolwich making top 4 with the alcohol flowing. You could say perhaps they were celebrating the final match at Highbury, but I don't recall similar scenes when we departed the old WHL.
Let's just say if nothing else that was terrible optics.

Not trying to claim we are victims but historically we haven't benefitted as much as the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich. I think that's very clear.
But where do less successful clubs like leicester and wet spam come into the love in

These are all in-match bad referee decisions, not the Premier League conspiring against us. Every team in the Premier League will have a similar list of fuck ups by referees because referees are bias useless cockwombles. Whilst we may fee we've been hard done by at Old Trafford, they no doubt feel like they've been hard done by at other grounds etc etc.

These scenario's are nothing like the West Ham game scenario, or suggesting that other teams have had favours in these Covid times that we won't get.

If we refused to play it would have been put down as a forfeit. That is what refusing to play is.
We tried to negotiate playing the game at another date, we even tried moving it to the evening but every option was met with a reason why it couldn't be done.

15.5 years later I have 2 opinions on the whole thing.
1) If it was an unfortunate accident, it was just that. Shit literally happens, we as a club may have learned from it and no longer risk eating food from places where that could happen.
2) If it wasn't an accident, I would have preferred to have spent more time investigating how it happened and who was responsible. IE, was it a chav west ham chef being a cunt, or did Woolwich the club actually set it up. If the latter, I would have wanted them docked so many points they'd have been nearer relegation than top 4.

But ultimately, the club ended up taking it on the chin in the end. To me, that suggests it was 1 and not 2 and they knew it.
In fairness very rare man utd get done by a dodgy decision

I'm not vaccinated btw but thinking of getting vaccine finally. I've had covid twice now with little to no symptoms so a part of me is somewhat scared to get vaccinated but I have a 17 month old and my missus is pregnant again so its now making me want to get it tbh.

I don't condem anyone's personal choice tbh. personally I wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing I could have passed it on to missus and/or child which is why I will probably end up getting vaccinated it soon.
Yeah, a guy I know was unvaxed, got covid and passed it to his pregnant wife who was a few weeks away from her due date, she ended up in hospital, but it was more precautionary, still was a scary time for him...he's got vaxed since.

Ok, well from 1992 until probably 2010? We were pretty shit more often than not and United were the dominant force in football.
If we played a team significantly worse than us 50 times, how many times will they get in our box and we make an error/foul that leads to a penalty? It'll hardly happen,
On the other hand, if we're vastly better than them, we're gonna be in their box (ooh err) for most of ever match and they're going to mess up.

This is as much to do with the skewed penalty stats as anything. Better teams get more than bad teams because they get in positions to win them more often.

THAT said, in addition to that, you had a squad of players clearly drilled in the art of applying pressure to the referee, a coach who questioned the ref before the game even started and 75k baying fans.

What this goes back to again though is that refs are the problem, not the league, They don't tell a ref before a game to make these absurd decisions. If they did, they wouldn't have allowed VAR to show them all up even more.
Nope but if they were anwerable for their decisions theyd be less biased the next time

Yeah, a guy I know was unvaxed, got covid and passed it to his pregnant wife who was a few weeks away from her due date, she ended up in hospital, but it was more precautionary, still was a scary time for him...he's got vaxed since.
Im vaccinated but since when does being vaccinated mean you cant catch it and pass it on. It doesnt stop a bit of that happening.
Its mainly for reducing the symptoms in the person that catches it

I mean, ultimately it is someone's decisions but it seems weird to not take a vaccine for a potential side when the illness can also have a similar effect at an even higher chance of likelihood.
They might be thinking of just hiding out for a while avoiding the virus and see all the possible side effects of the vaccine. But if they are taking on the virus instead of the vaccine, that would be dumb.

Im vaccinated but since when does being vaccinated mean you cant catch it and pass it on. It doesnt stop a bit of that happening.
Its mainly for reducing the symptoms in the person that catches it
No, it doesn’t mean you can’t catch it or pass it on, but it absolutely does lessen the chances of catching it or passing it on if you do.

A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

It’s completely untrue to say that “it doesn't stop a bit of that happening”. It absolutely does.

I tested positive for Covid last Thursday. After a couple days of mild cold like symptoms I've now got no symptoms at all (maybe slight loss of smell but even that's pushing it). I took a lateral test at home today out of curiosity and it's a negative.

edit: it wasn't a false positive either. Tested positive twice on lateral and then positive again on PCR test so I definitely had it.
I had a cold last week. I didn't test to see if it was covid.
Why did you?

From what I gather it’s more of a cultural issue, sure there’s plenty of anti vaxxers, but I’m told most who won’t take it are doing so for cultural reasons. Please don’t shoot the messenger btw, I’ve had two jabs and a booster

Who "told" you that then?

If someone is really worried about the newness of the vaccine or because they have a heart problem and dont want to take a risk , I guess you cant force them to take it. But not taking it because they think it doesnt work because you still get the infection is just illogical.
H
No, it doesn’t mean you can’t catch it or pass it on, but it absolutely does lessen the chances of catching it or passing it on if you do.

A recent study found that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant are 63 per cent less likely to infect people who are unvaccinated.

It’s completely untrue to say that “it doesn't stop a bit of that happening”. It absolutely does.
Well 93% of ireland is double vaccinated and cases are considerably higher than ever. So i cant see how transmissions are lessening after vaccination

But where do less successful clubs like leicester and wet spam come into the love in

There is no conspiracy, but there is a telling psychological weight on refs from media narratives (see the Leicester "fairytale"), so-called big/pressure fixtures and intimidating stadiums/fanbases.

Back
Top Bottom