Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we get a forfeit, then we broke the rules.
So if we broke the rules, no need to be up in arms.

If we didn’t have 13 players available, we won’t get a 3-0 loss and it will go to a panel
The game getting postponed was done with UEFA's blessing. We won't get dinged for that. If we're getting dinged it's for not agreeing to a date for the rescheduled game. Which begs the question, why would we get penalized given our stupid fixture list and not Rennes, who have fuck all between now and Dec 31?

Ive never been a fan of them, Saturday is the best day for domestic football imo. European football should be on a Tuesday or Wednesday and that's it.
Yeah and old school competition play home & away you lose your out not this nonsense you go into another competition.

Yeah and old school competition play home & away you lose your out not this nonsense you go into another competition.
I don't mind a group stage and then the knockout stages, but agree about losing and going into another competition, that's plain stupid.

So we didn't have anyone in the entire registered squad for this tournament to fulfil it? I don't believe that in the slightest
No but I'm sure they didn't know who potentially had covid and who didn't throughout all the players so took the decision based on the health of the players rather than their intention to deliberately get booted out of the competition.

What's wrong with Sunday games?
I prefer Saturday games too - Saturdays for football, Sundays for church.
Sister Act Reaction GIF

Any ideas when we will find out the decision from The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Board?
According to the Guardian:
"It is understood Uefa hopes to conclude the matter as soon as possible and that the panel will decide on whether Tottenham had enough players, and who could have rescheduled when."

According to the Guardian:
"It is understood Uefa hopes to conclude the matter as soon as possible and that the panel will decide on whether Tottenham had enough players, and who could have rescheduled when."
Ok thanks.

The thing about UEFA deciding if we had enough players is a worry, as they cancelled/postponed the game?

Ok thanks.

The thing about UEFA deciding if we had enough players is a worry, as they cancelled/postponed the game?
I agree. It seems like the 'left hand' of UEFA cancelled the game, but doesn't know what to do now. So, they've passed it to the 'right hand' to let them deal with it. I'm not confident it will end well for Spurs

Ok thanks.

Unless I missed something, UEFA's announcement did say reschedule the match. It wasn't a vague statement.

As you correctly mention ( and others here ) the debate about punishing Spurs came well after. It's a fucking farce.

Their initial comment, should have been something along the lines of " subject to a review of the facts, the match is postponed, etc etc "... if they intended to infant to review and verify.

Cant see us being punished.

Uefa rules were all games in groups be decided by 31st dec. French league stops on 22nd and Rennes were unwilling to play after 22ndWe play Liverpool on 19th , one day after we can resume training and we have West Ham on 24th so we would have to play Rennes on the 21st, that’s 3 games in 5 days,
Providing no more cases testing positive or players being out with long covid,
To me it didn’t look like we were being. Unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom