Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to champions league final in madrid. Way we were treated by police after game. Police both sides of road for about a mile so we went opposite direction to Scousers.
Not the fact me and my bro had to go other way to get underground to mates car. All for 395 quid that experience. Treated like dirt by uefa. We shouldnt lie down on this just cos the french are being awkward again. Who the fuck are vitesse arnhem as well. Shit club.
Iirc we won the toss to be the home team in the final which means home dressing room. Amazingly Uefa decided to whip away that prIvilege and hand it to Liverpool, just because they could. Uefa are wankers

Should call off the Leicester game too, just to be sure

Oh……..wait, no one minds the risks anymore
Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

To be honest I think we all know what is about to happen here. I wouldn't get too invested.
Sadly I think you're right, however, a part of me will be hugely pissed off if we have to forfeit.

UEFA officially called of the game, so we can assume that we met all the conditions for that to happen. If Rennes are being awkward about a new date, then surely that's on them and they should forfeit?

Seems like we might get punished for having Covid.

Sadly I think you're right, however, a part of me will be hugely pissed off if we have to forfeit.

UEFA officially called of the game, so we can assume that we met all the conditions for that to happen. If Rennes are being awkward about a new date, then surely that's on them and they should forfeit?

Seems like we might get punished for having Covid.
Agree that’s the bit sits uncomfortably with me. Allow us to postpone but zero slack cut to accommodate the alternative dates

It's nearly 2pm (Western European Time) why are we still waiting for a decision?

Set up a Zoom meeting, an hour at the most to decide the outcome. What are they doing?

It's a laughing stock competition mocked by the media and other fans . It holds no prestige and probably won't be around in 5 years .
Many just don't give a fuck either way
Think the principal of the situation, if it was some other team(s) involved and we know who they are it would be interesting to see how this played out but the fact it’s a minion like us who UEFA have no interest in and are of no use to them we will just solve the the problem quick and yes I know a good number of our fan base didn’t want anything to do with it but at the end of the day we ain’t exactly inundated with realistic options of winning anything and certainly not on the European stage.

Yes how dare our players get a covid outbreak whilst in some good form.

Stupid Dutch dickheads.
There probably isn’t that much going on in Vitesse to be fair. This is something for them to talk about.

Turns out it’s not even a place. It’s in Arnhem which seems to be famous for 3 things - Audrey Hepburn’s grandfather, serial killer Joran van der Sloot and surrendering to the Nazis.

Last edited:
If they kick us out, the competitions TV audience will drop by about 40%

At least I didn't have to endure watching some of our 2nd string squad players wandering about like broken AI.

Will only be our 4th 3-0 defeat of the season so far.

The deal is about UEFA coefficient too. We are now in 13th place of all European clubs. Ahead of us are Sevilla, Roma. Behind us Ajax, Borussia, Woolwich, Porto, Leipzig. If we wanna have a good chance to qualify to Champions league by coefficient in the future, we must progress further in Conference League. And, as you know, the coefficient will be very important, just vital from 2023/24 season.

Wonder what people at the club thinks about this.

The deal is about UEFA coefficient too. We are now in 13th place of all European clubs. Ahead of us are Sevilla, Roma. Behind us Ajax, Borussia, Woolwich, Porto, Leipzig. If we wanna have a good chance to qualify to Champions league by coefficient in the future, we must progress further in Conference League. And, as you know, the coefficient will be very important, just vital from 2023/24 season.

The UEFA coefficients are mainly a country thing rather than club.
Yes, the better a club does, or the further it goes in Europe, the higher the country's coefficient rating, but it a 'team' effort' (all the clubs combined).

England are overall leaders of UEFA's Association club coefficients, and are also leading the Season country coefficients for 2021/22.

With 4 teams already qualified for this seasons Champions League Round of 16, I doubt very much Spurs being kicked out of the Conference League will make much difference.

Mate, you're talking too much sense.

I'm glad you are posting.

Can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading from our fans.

Last edited:
The UEFA coefficients are mainly a country thing rather than club.
Yes, the better a club does, or the further it goes in Europe, the higher the country's coefficient rating, but it a 'team' effort' (all the clubs combined).

England are overall leaders of UEFA's Association club coefficients, and are also leading the Season country coefficients for 2021/22.

With 4 teams already qualified for this seasons Champions League Round of 16, I doubt very much Spurs being kicked out of the Conference League will make much difference.
I think that’s incorrect. The national coefficient only decides how many cl spots and a coefficient multiplier. If the new rule was in place the last 2 years we wold be in the CL under the coefficient. We are also very close to Woolwich in terms of points so any points this year are a bonus as they have no European games.

Been saying this for the entire competition. Uefa coefficient will be our easiest path to the CL in the future.

Most people on the board aren’t unaware of the upcoming changes or perhaps have no reading comprehension.

Back
Top Bottom