Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? Liverpool/Woolwich and others haven’t had any issues. At this stage we can play again

What would be the point is us not playing Liverpool on Sunday esp if both teams can?

It's about the odds of that if.

Covid is rife right now across many clubs. Maybe we're all clear, and Liverpool are all clear on Sunday morning. But possibly not. So on balance, are you going to risk ruining the travel plans of all supporters, as well as the clubs by cancelling a few hours before kick off?

Leicester must have had more positives this morning. If so, annoying for me and the other travelling fans but ultimately the right decision. Not sure if a circuit breaker is worth it. Surely other clubs will get infected down the line after Xmas too the way Omicron is going
Knowing our luck, it will only be the clubs we're scheduled to play that will ask for postponement!

Doesn't say it's cancelled on the spurs or BBC website...

Really hope it's on, my birthday today and I'm looking forward to watching it with the boy.

Mind you, that could well change when I see who's playing...

The Rennes game got cancelled with 50 mins to go didn't it? I think they would have travelled further than our boys tonight but that's a guess. My geography is a bit shite.

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF by echilibrultau

What a farce.

One rule for all OR just make it up as we go along?

This really does undermine the 'integrity' of the league, need to cancel all games until after Xmas and try then even if they have to be played behind closed doors.

At this rate we'll have 3-4 games in hand but then have to play them over a weekend!

:contefacepalm2:

if it carries on like this I can see this season being entirely written off, remember last year covid was at its most rife post Christmas when the season was put on hold. It looks like we are going to be putting the season on hold over the Christmas period that is going to be too many games to try and catch up on with a world cup looming next summer.

I think we need thorough risk analysis on how many people this new variant is likely to kill and if its a low number we simply get on with our lives. At the moment its one person. You can't shut everything down on that basis. Proper risk assessments need to be made not wild and woolly projections.

This can't continue

I'm pissed off that yet again, we do everything right and get punished for it. We close our training ground so our players can't prepare, clean everything.

Leicester do fuck all and let it spread because they had non-Covid issues. Fucking cunts.

if it carries on like this I can see this season being entirely written off, remember last year covid was at its most rife post Christmas last year when the season was put on hold. It looks like we are putting the season on hold over the Christmas period that is going to be too many games to try and catch up on with a world cup looming next summer.

I think we need thorough risk analysis on how many people this new variant is likely to kill and if its a low number we simply get on with our lives. At the moment its one person. You can't shut everything down on that basis. Proper risk assessments need to be made not wild and woolly projections.

This can't continue
The world cup is in December. So you can technically extend the season into June to catch up.

if it carries on like this I can see this season being entirely written off, remember last year covid was at its most rife post Christmas when the season was put on hold. It looks like we are going to be putting the season on hold over the Christmas period that is going to be too many games to try and catch up on with a world cup looming next summer.

This can't continue

Grand scheme of things; fuck football..... Just do what needs to be done.

Back
Top Bottom