Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next scheduled match....
Struggling for players and staff!

My Team:

GK - Admin Admin - Leader of Forum, similar to Hugo as Club Captain

RWB - deadleyledley (I want to show Tanganga how to play here)
RCB - Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor - Geriatric Defender 1, Romero is also a Nutter.
CB - Tottenham Sean Tottenham Sean - Geriatric Defender 2, Hard as nails, but not sure Dier is although likes to give that impression.
LCB - cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - Welsh, closest replacement for Davies
LWB - Bill Madrid Bill Madrid - Next barrio neighbour of Reguilon

DM - ArcspacE ArcspacE - Show Winks and PEH how to play here
8 or 6 - bus-conductor bus-conductor - Knows the role inside out

RW - Igula Igula - Show Lucas how to play there
CF - sammyspurs sammyspurs for 1st half then KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy for second half, show Kane how to play here
LW - SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - Son's new celebration is shooting Spider man webs

Manager: Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - Nobody wants to get on the wrong side of her - same as Conte really!
Nutritionist: Zest Zest - Does it really need explaining.
Media Relations: ArtyB ArtyB - Always posts good pictures and media in threads
Supporter Relations: Legacy Lilywhite Legacy Lilywhite - Has many loyalty points - seems the obvious choice.

I would score against that back 5
At some point you're going to have to recognise that Dier is playing well and that one of the world's best managers, a man who has forgotten more about football than this entire website understands about the game, trusts him unconditionally

nope-head-shake.gif

Leiectser seem to hate us like Southampton weirdly hate us... (Minus the League title)
There's no geographical reason to hate us, we surrendered the League to them, (if anything, we should hate them more!) ...and yet somehow they jumped on the anti-Spurs bandwagon....

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the tine.
But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for decades, REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had none!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with I'll gotten gains, at the expense of other clubs' fortunes?

There really is nothing football related to hate Tottenham.... unless, like I suspect, it's a Jew thing!!
The Southampton thing goes back to Glenn jumping ship there and coming to manage us. He had a clause allowing him to leave for a bigger club. The then chairman, smug buffoon and later champion of Brexit Rupert Lowe claimed that Southampton were a bigger club than we were, thus giving rise to our name for them, South Coast Big Club

lowe.jpg

Why do I have this strange feeling that Leicester have been padding out their covid numbers somewhat because what they've actually got is an injury crisis.

They've probably got one player that is positive, and he's taken about 10 tests and submitted them in various other players names.

Games have been called off due to too many players being injured/sick though (except us with the lasagne-gate fiasco of course).

I remember Middlesbrough not turning up once and claiming they didn't have enough fit players and being given a 3-0 defeat though, so that's probably not a recommended action plan.
Lasagne-gate didn't actually happen though... remember?!!!
I still maintain to this day that had Man Utd, Liverpool, Arse or Cheslea (but not Man City 'cos they weren't really a thing' back then') suffered the same fate, the FA would've done everything in their power to stop, or at least postpone the game for a few hours.... but 'cos it was us (and against them) it was deemed worthy of going ahead.

summit still stinks about that day... and I don't mean the Spurs away dressing room toilet cubicles!

Leiectser seem to hate us like Southampton weirdly hate us... (Minus the League title)
There's no geographical reason to hate us, we surrendered the League to them, (if anything, we should hate them more!) ...and yet somehow they jumped on the anti-Spurs bandwagon....

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the time.

But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for years and years.

REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had very little!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with ill gotten gains, what dodgy results have WE had at the expense of other clubs' fortunes to hate us so much?

There really is nothing football related to hate Tottenham.... unless, like I suspect, it's a Jew thing!!

I think they are going to have to pause the whole league, this is getting daft now. Just suspend the season until after Christmas.

Give clubs a couple of weeks to fully vaccinate their squads, properly adapt their ways of working and be ready to go again in January. Trying to limp on like this is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom