Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolute joke calling the game off this late. The fans should be fully reimbursed for tickets, travel and accommodation. This could and should have been rearranged earlier in the week. Having access to watching games on TV is great, but should not take priority at the expense of the attending fans.

Some people over here are hypocritical. They don't believe that Spurs catched covid on purpose and lied (which is definetely not the case), but Leicester somehow did it on purpose to cancel the game. COVID is real shit, it's just bad luck for the teams.

It's called a risk assessment, people die all the time of a variety of causes.

People die in road traffic accidents all the time, we can prevent this by banning cars.

Should we Larry or do you not care Larry? Are you just like "Fuck it let them die"

That's how ridiculous you sound to me
Yeah ok let’s ban cars so no one dies in a traffic accident, that’s exactly what I’m saying

You posted about being happy to go on with your life aslong as only a few people die, I understand your point but we should be aiming to keep these vulnerable people safe not just writing them off

Next scheduled match....

My Team:

GK - Admin Admin - Leader of Forum, similar to Hugo as Club Captain

RWB - deadleyledley (I want to show Tanganga how to play here)
RCB - Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor - Geriatric Defender 1, Romero is also a Nutter.
CB - Tottenham Sean Tottenham Sean - Geriatric Defender 2, Hard as nails, but not sure Dier is although likes to give that impression.
LCB - cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - Welsh, closest replacement for Davies
LWB - Bill Madrid Bill Madrid - Next barrio neighbour of Reguilon

DM - ArcspacE ArcspacE - Show Winks and PEH how to play here
8 or 6 - bus-conductor bus-conductor - Knows the role inside out

RW - Igula Igula - Show Lucas how to play there
CF - sammyspurs sammyspurs for 1st half then KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy for second half, show Kane how to play here
LW - SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs - Son's new celebration is shooting Spider man webs

Manager: Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman - Nobody wants to get on the wrong side of her - same as Conte really!

"Geriatric Defender"

I think the lads may prefer "hardened veteran" somehow.

Leiectser seem to hate us like Southampton weirdly hate us... (Minus the League title)
There's no geographical reason to hate us, we surrendered the League to them, (if anything, we should hate them more!) ...and yet somehow they jumped on the anti-Spurs bandwagon....

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the time.

But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for years and years.

REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had very little!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with ill gotten gains, what dodgy results have WE had at the expense of other clubs' fortunes to hate us so much?

There really is nothing football related to hate Tottenham.... unless, like I suspect, it's a Jew thing!!
We did not "surrender the League" to Leicester. Even if Spurs had won their last 4 games, instead of drawing 2 and losing 2, Leicester would still have won the League.

Leiectser seem to hate us like Southampton weirdly hate us... (Minus the League title)
There's no geographical reason to hate us, we surrendered the League to them, (if anything, we should hate them more!) ...and yet somehow they jumped on the anti-Spurs bandwagon....

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the time.

But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for years and years.

REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had very little!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with ill gotten gains, what dodgy results have WE had at the expense of other clubs' fortunes to hate us so much?

There really is nothing football related to hate Tottenham.... unless, like I suspect, it's a Jew thing!!

Totally agree and I’m normally one to hate the whole racial bandwagon Bolloks, but I genuinely believe a lot of people hate us because of our very large Jewish connections. Lots of anti Semitic attitudes still exist and Leicester are a very Asian town, so a lot of their supporters are Muslim and Muslims generally hate Jews. Chelsea and Westham I don’t think needs explaining. A bunch of white trash chav racists that hate anything jew related, despite both owners of both clubs being Jewish 🤦‍♂️ Thick as pig shit

I think a lot of teams think Spurs fans have “Delusions Of Grandeur” a bit like England, have the history but never win anything. Threaten to win things but always fall short.

I think Man Utd are the most hated club. Everyone seems to have some kind of history with them.

Don’t know if this has been said here already but tomorrow we will have almost all of our first team back in training (barring any further positive tests).

The two that we will definitely be missing for the Leicester game are Hojberg and Skipp.
We will also have 2 other first team players that have only had 1 day of training so it’s touch and go for them.

We trained today with Ndombele and Winks as our pivot, so that’s what I expect tomorrow.

Everybody should be back (in training) for the liverpool game (again barring any further positives).

Heading up there (if it's on), been a few times and it's a good ground for the away fan, good view, good atmosphere, not too far away.

They really can't stand us though and the clappy things are a massive pain in the arse.

Worked with a Leicester fan pre their Prem title season and he hated Spurs too, was always trying to gimme shit until I told him to fuck off one day.
Anyway, one day I asked him why he hated Spurs so much. His reply? The '99 League Cup Final 🤣
Didn't make sense to me at all...

Leicester fans reading our forum and like I said, they are obsessed with us.

Pliskin

Pliskin

Posted 23 minutes ago
The most success Spurs have had on the last few decades is a Netflix documentary just highlighting how shit it is to play for Spurs, and how much of a turnip Harry Kane actually is.

They are the only team I genuinely dislike.

————

Why would a fucking Leicester fan dislike Spurs the most 😂😂😂 it’s laughable

It was Amazon wasn’t it. Bellends can’t even get that right!

Conte just now...

"We have players positives, surely. For sure some players tomorrow they can’t play. As I said before, players are back in training and today two players are back in training for the first time. Yesterday another player, but as you know well, they need to be fit to play.

Surely tomorrow I’ll put these players on the bench for 15-20 minutes at the end. They have in their legs 20 or 25 minutes.

This is the big problem that we must be good to face in the future. To bring these players affected by Covid to be fit and avoid injuries. This could be the big problem in the future. Not the ten days.

After ten days you have players available but then you have to pay attention to the way to train, whether the body is ready to work in a good way. You have to pay attention, moderate the training to avoid injuries. This is the big problem, not only for Tottenham but for other clubs with Covid-hit players."

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

Both managers should turn up and say all players are injured or have Covid then just stand there with the ball in the centre circle.

We'd somehow lose 1-0 though, probably with the ball blowing into our goal.
Conte's halftime teamtalk:

Don't worry lads, this half we are kicking with the wind. But uphill. There's more grass on the wings so use the wingbacks.

Also we've only got 9 players and had to borrow some spare GK gloves from the other team. Just make sure you use the hand sanitiser after you take them.

Oh I do miss Sunday league football.

Back
Top Bottom