Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we could sneak a win here it would be a huge. Could work wonders for motivation and morale. Plus. It’s fucking Leicester: midland plastic chavs.
Yes it would, it always seems to take us a few games to 'get back into the groove', so I hope this layoff hasn't totally ruined the little bit of momentum that we had built.

They should just postpone all games for 2 weeks. There are going to be so many skewed games and results in the next couple of weeks, caused by squad availability.

Over Xmas teams typically play 4-5 matches, if you postpone those games where are you gonna fit then in?

Over Xmas teams typically play 4-5 matches, if you postpone those games where are you gonna fit then in?

Maybe scrap the FA cup this year. Extraordinary times and all that..

I just know that if a team has say 5 first teamers out over this period, results are going to end up being meaningless.

Maybe scrap the FA cup this year. Extraordinary times and all that..

I just know that if a team has say 5 first teamers out over this period, results are going to end up being meaningless.
Scrapping (or forefitting) competitions we might have a chance of winning really doesn't help us...

The league is out of reach... 4th is the best we can hope for, so if there IS a league fixture pile-up, it'll potentially affect clubs above us with WAY more to play for than we do...

The FA Cup & League cup are at least REALISTIC chances of silverware for more teams...
Let's leave those alone, eh?

Scrapping (or forefitting) competitions we might have a chance of winning really doesn't help us...

The league is out of reach... 4th is the best we can hope for, so if there IS a league fixture pile-up, it'll potentially affect clubs above us with WAY more to play for than we do...

The FA Cup & League cup are at least REALISTIC chances of silverware for more teams...
Let's leave those alone, eh?

Yep, all true. But, would we have any chance of winning against decent opposition with 5 of our 1st 11 out ?

Whatever happens, it is going to be a ball ache sorting out all of these fixtures.

Yep, all true. But, would we have any chance of winning against decent opposition with 5 of our 1st 11 out ?

Whatever happens, it is going to be a ball ache sorting out all of these fixtures.
That's why I'm saying keep playing league games ... The fixture pile-up will surely affect other teams too... We may well benifit, who knows?

But Scrapping the FA Cup jeopodises what few chances we DO have of a trophy this year!

Just keep playing until we're told not to!

Who here hates Leicester and their cunting fans ? They are obsessed with us. Take one look at their forums and the anti Spurs bile is rife every time we play them. Can’t stand them.
They're a club who had no particular rivalry really. When they won the league and we were chasing them, they probably finally felt like they had a rival.

Much like West Ham though, we don't feel the same about them.

Who here hates Leicester and their cunting fans ? They are obsessed with us. Take one look at their forums and the anti Spurs bile is rife every time we play them. Can’t stand them.
Unfortunately it’s true. This bird I know supports them …. Hates spurs

You ‘hate’ any other clubs ?

No just spurs

She’s a nice girl …. Still finds it in her bones to hate spurs

This game on Thursday, if there are genuinely only 13 first team players available then I don’t see how the game can realistically go ahead. Surely, it comes down to the original 6 who first had COVID. If all of those have served there 10 full days by Thursday 7.30pm then the game can comfortably go ahead. Otherwise, it’s just not feasible is it?

Lived in Leicester during the 90s.

I think it all stems from the fact that for a Leicester man they can do nothing to stop their women physically being attracted to someone with a London accent who supports Spurs.

Just a fact of nature. Must be very hard for them to deal with. Hence the weird hatred.

:llorishowudoin:

This game on Thursday, if there are genuinely only 13 first team players available then I don’t see how the game can realistically go ahead. Surely, it comes down to the original 6 who first had COVID. If all of those have served there 10 full days by Thursday 7.30pm then the game can comfortably go ahead. Otherwise, it’s just not feasible is it?
Yes it is

Back
Top Bottom