Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leiectser seem to hate us like Southampton weirdly hate us... (Minus the League title)
There's no geographical reason to hate us, we surrendered the League to them, (if anything, we should hate them more!) ...and yet somehow they jumped on the anti-Spurs bandwagon....

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the time.

But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for years and years.

REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had very little!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with ill gotten gains, what dodgy results have WE had at the expense of other clubs' fortunes to hate us so much?

There really is nothing football related to hate Tottenham.... unless, like I suspect, it's a Jew thing!!

Leiectser seem to hate us like Southampton weirdly hate us... (Minus the League title)
There's no geographical reason to hate us, we surrendered the League to them, (if anything, we should hate them more!) ...and yet somehow they jumped on the anti-Spurs bandwagon....

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the tine.
But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for decades, REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had none!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with I'll gotten gains, at the expense of other clubs' fortunes?

There really is nothing football related to hate Tottenham.... unless, like I suspect, it's a Jew thing!!
The Southampton thing goes back to Glenn jumping ship there and coming to manage us. He had a clause allowing him to leave for a bigger club. The then chairman, smug buffoon and later champion of Brexit Rupert Lowe claimed that Southampton were a bigger club than we were, thus giving rise to our name for them, South Coast Big Club

lowe.jpg

With other clubs now also succumbing to cancelled games and an inevitable fixture pile up; not sure it's in our interests to hastily rush to get the game played with a half-cooked squad and barely any time on the training ground.

With other clubs now also succumbing to cancelled games and an inevitable fixture pile up; not sure it's in our interests to hastily rush to get the game played with a half-cooked squad and barely any time on the training ground.
If that’s the case (half cooked squad), then I’m sure Conte and Levy will hold their ground and get it moved

The hatred for teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Man City could be bourne out of jeolousy at their success... But that is fleeting, and changes according to who is doing well at the time.

But I genuinely don't get the hatred for Spurs. It's been around for years and years.

REGARDLESS of how we're doing in the League... It clearly has NOTHING to do with success, cos for the best part of 2 decades, we've had very little!

So what IS it? What have WE done to antagonise other clubs, what have WE won with ill gotten gains, what dodgy results have WE had at the expense of other clubs' fortunes to hate us so much?

We did not "surrender the League" to Leicester. Even if Spurs had won their last 4 games, instead of drawing 2 and losing 2, Leicester would still have won the League.

We did not "surrender the League" to Leicester. Even if Spurs had won their last 4 games, instead of drawing 2 and losing 2, Leicester would still have won the League.

We surrendered 2nd to the scum in shameful fashion, but we were always playing catch-up as far as Leicester were concerned.

Most
The Southampton thing goes back to Glenn jumping ship there and coming to manage us. He had a clause allowing him to leave for a bigger club. The then chairman, smug buffoon and later champion of Brexit Rupert Lowe claimed that Southampton were a bigger club than we were, thus giving rise to our name for them, South Coast Big Club

lowe.jpg

Add to that we nicked Bale, Poch and Toby in dodgy circumstances!

Most

Add to that we nicked Bale, Poch and Toby in dodgy circumstances!

Bale: Nothing dodgy...... They're just pissed cos they cashed in on their sell-on clause early due to their own financial struggles.
Poch: Their former chairman left and Poch no longer felt committed to their project.... We didn't snatch him mid-season, so they've nothing to complain about.
Toby: They should be pissed with Atletico; not us.

Last edited:

Totally agree and I’m normally one to hate the whole racial bandwagon Bolloks, but I genuinely believe a lot of people hate us because of our very large Jewish connections. Lots of anti Semitic attitudes still exist and Leicester are a very Asian town, so a lot of their supporters are Muslim and Muslims generally hate Jews. Chelsea and Westham I don’t think needs explaining. A bunch of white trash chav racists that hate anything jew related, despite both owners of both clubs being Jewish 🤦‍♂️ Thick as pig shit

It has to be the Jewish thing...Heard some fans on a Pod saying this recently. The level of hatred of us seems utterly disproportionate.

Totally agree and I’m normally one to hate the whole racial bandwagon Bolloks, but I genuinely believe a lot of people hate us because of our very large Jewish connections. Lots of anti Semitic attitudes still exist and Leicester are a very Asian town, so a lot of their supporters are Muslim and Muslims generally hate Jews. Chelsea and Westham I don’t think needs explaining. A bunch of white trash chav racists that hate anything jew related, despite both owners of both clubs being Jewish 🤦‍♂️ Thick as pig shit
On this specifically all the Lecister fans that hate us I have met are white English...I don't get what it can be, but I've been to that stadium to see us against them and saw them play Wolves as a guest. They were LESS hostile to wolves!

I think a lot of teams think Spurs fans have “Delusions Of Grandeur” a bit like England, have the history but never win anything. Threaten to win things but always fall short.

I think Man Utd are the most hated club. Everyone seems to have some kind of history with them.

Lived in Leicester during the 90s.

I think it all stems from the fact that for a Leicester man they can do nothing to stop their women physically being attracted to someone with a London accent who supports Spurs.

Just a fact of nature. Must be very hard for them to deal with. Hence the weird hatred.

:llorishowudoin:
Odd you chose the captain of les bleus to illustrate the post about the ‘London accent’?

:llorisunsure:

lowe.jpg
North London Yobbos wasn't it??
The history is recent, but they still seem to hate us for no other reason than Glenn coming to us...
But what about EVERY other player who left them for a bigger club....?
Walcott, Mane, Van Dijk, Luke Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Llanana, Lovren... Why don't they hate ArseAnal or Liverpool more than us?
We got Bale and Hojberg off them... Can you count Gazzaniga??

We surrendered it long before the last 4 games!! That's why every game matters, and 'must win' games can occur in October/, November as well as April/May!!
Despite what some think!

Back
Top Bottom