Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think a lot of teams think Spurs fans have “Delusions Of Grandeur” a bit like England, have the history but never win anything. Threaten to win things but always fall short.

I think Man Utd are the most hated club. Everyone seems to have some kind of history with them.
Absolutely agree. I think especially with a younger extremely online generation of fans Spurs are a "banter club" who are easy targets. Big enough that they can claim a big scalp if they beat us. Small enough that we're not an unstoppable force like Liverpool or City recently.

The narrative that Spurs fans have delusions of grandeur is so frustrating. Easier for people to meme Spurs fans rather than see how crap their team has also been.

Also I think Spurs pretty consistently rank high on a lot of teams' rivalry charts.

Don't have time to count them all but I'd fancy Spurs feature somewhat disproportionately high on that list

If the game goes ahead and we can claim 3 points, what a confidence boost that would be. Also it would put pressure on all the teams around us and could become a defining moment. Come on fellas, don’t bottle it!

Heading up there (if it's on), been a few times and it's a good ground for the away fan, good view, good atmosphere, not too far away.

They really can't stand us though and the clappy things are a massive pain in the arse.

Worked with a Leicester fan pre their Prem title season and he hated Spurs too, was always trying to gimme shit until I told him to fuck off one day.
Anyway, one day I asked him why he hated Spurs so much. His reply? The '99 League Cup Final 🤣
Didn't make sense to me at all...

Heading up there (if it's on), been a few times and it's a good ground for the away fan, good view, good atmosphere, not too far away.

They really can't stand us though and the clappy things are a massive pain in the arse.

Worked with a Leicester fan pre their Prem title season and he hated Spurs too, was always trying to gimme shit until I told him to fuck off one day.
Anyway, one day I asked him why he hated Spurs so much. His reply? The '99 League Cup Final 🤣
Didn't make sense to me at all...

Heard that one before, apparently some of our fans got tickets in their end and we're a bit naughty.

First match I ever saw on TV as a kid was Tottenham beating Leicester in 1961 Cup final to clinch the double. This was before MOD and no league matches or earlier cup rounds shown on TV.
Finding it hard to see a good outcome after the last week and not having any idea who is fit.

:wansum:Those poor lasses never stood a chance.

Proper wing man that one.
9sxpaD9fIr8kbQiD5eorYBr7Lvy7vAMjKKQhU6G1cuo.jpg

Would do good to remember we thrashed Leicester just a few months ago at their place as they were battling for a top 4 spot.

We started Doherty, Winks, Alli and Bergjwin with Nile John and Dane Scarlett on the bench.

Chill! We got this.

Would do good to remember we thrashed Leicester just a few months ago at their place as they were battling for a top 4 spot.

We started Doherty, Winks, Alli and Bergjwin with Nile John and Dane Scarlett on the bench.

Chill! We got this.
We also started Kane in his prime and Bale.
Believe they scored all the goals bar an OG

How do you know this?

If true a bit worrying about the Midfield 2. Ndombele and Winks isn't great but fingers crossed they do okay.

Leicester have a bit of a defensive crises so might not be the worst time to play them, their best midfielder Ndidi will be playing at CB.
This guy broke the covid news before any of the major journo’s did.

Leicester fans reading our forum and like I said, they are obsessed with us.

Pliskin

Pliskin

Posted 23 minutes ago
The most success Spurs have had on the last few decades is a Netflix documentary just highlighting how shit it is to play for Spurs, and how much of a turnip Harry Kane actually is.

They are the only team I genuinely dislike.

————

Why would a fucking Leicester fan dislike Spurs the most 😂😂😂 it’s laughable

Pliskin

Pliskin

Posted 23 minutes ago
The most success Spurs have had on the last few decades is a Netflix documentary just highlighting how shit it is to play for Spurs, and how much of a turnip Harry Kane actually is.

————

Why are we everyone's main rival? its a fucking mystery to me. Considering how fucking shit we've been for decades.

West Ham, Goons, Chelsea, Leicester even fucking Southampton hate us for some reason.

It's bizarre

Pliskin

Pliskin

Posted 23 minutes ago

————

It was Amazon wasn’t it. Bellends can’t even get that right!

Why are we everyone's main rival? its a fucking mystery to me. Considering how fucking shit we've been for decades.

West Ham, Goons, Chelsea, Leicester even fucking Southampton hate us for some reason.

It's bizarre

I suspect it's because we've been shit but a lot of our fans still think we're actually a successful club.
Fact is though, that even though we haven't won much for 20 years, we've still won a lot more than the likes of West Ham (40+ years with NOTHING) and Leicester

Back
Top Bottom