Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Games have been called off due to too many players being injured/sick though (except us with the lasagne-gate fiasco of course).

I remember Middlesbrough not turning up once and claiming they didn't have enough fit players and being given a 3-0 defeat though, so that's probably not a recommended action plan.
Lasagne-gate didn't actually happen though... remember?!!!
I still maintain to this day that had Man Utd, Liverpool, Arse or Cheslea (but not Man City 'cos they weren't really a thing' back then') suffered the same fate, the FA would've done everything in their power to stop, or at least postpone the game for a few hours.... but 'cos it was us (and against them) it was deemed worthy of going ahead.

summit still stinks about that day... and I don't mean the Spurs away dressing room toilet cubicles!

Well clearly they had t forfeit rather than get the game postponed. Massive difference.
Yeah. I only added that because I thought it was funny at the time and still do. We’re sick so we won’t turn up. What do you mean we lost 3-0?

But my main point was that if sickness within a squad can lead to valid postponement so could injuries+sickness+Covid cases.

Games have been called off due to too many players being injured/sick though (except us with the lasagne-gate fiasco of course).

I remember Middlesbrough not turning up once and claiming they didn't have enough fit players and being given a 3-0 defeat though, so that's probably not a recommended action plan.

I thought they had 3pts deducted as well as a 0-3 default score....and they got relegated by 2pts.

Definitely an error of judgment there by not turning up at all.

Can only speak highly of Leicester, they once made the best CNC milling machines in the World, compared to the new asian machines now, and the old school engineers from Leicester were considered very knowledgeable. Pity now we have to rely on rubbish machines from the far east now

energy eye roll GIF

Yeah. I only added that because I thought it was funny at the time and still do. We’re sick so we won’t turn up. What do you mean we lost 3-0?

But my main point was that if sickness within a squad can lead to valid postponement so could injuries+sickness+Covid cases.
I think injuries are a peril of the game that clubs just have to accept.
Sickness - depends. Covid definitely should see games postponed. I think the entire squad having highly contagious norovirus should see it postponed.
A few players having bad colds + a few injures, sorry, pick some kids and get on with it.

I thought they had 3pts deducted as well as a 0-3 default score....and they got relegated by 2pts.

Definitely an error of judgment there by not turning up at all.
Quick google shows boro were docked 3 points but the game as ultimately played - and it was 0-0
So net, the lost 2 points

I tend to disagree..... A genuine covid outbreak as we have suffered poses extenuating circumstances; those being the virus spreading throughout the rest of the players, coaching staff, other stadium staff and potentially oppo players/staff too.

Clubs just have to suck it up when it comes to injury and isolated cases of illness as that's what a squad is for.

The former is an altogether far broader jeopardy and the league should view it more responsibly than it seems prepared to do(*).

(*United & Leicester trying to jump on the bandwagon doesn't help matters though, granted.)

Last edited:
I think injuries are a peril of the game that clubs just have to accept.
Sickness - depends. Covid definitely should see games postponed. I think the entire squad having highly contagious norovirus should see it postponed.
A few players having bad colds + a few injures, sorry, pick some kids and get on with it.

Number 4 is the best. Maybe we could postpone because it clashes with our Cheese Room opening ceremony.

Lasagne-gate didn't actually happen though... remember?!!!
I still maintain to this day that had Man Utd, Liverpool, Arse or Cheslea (but not Man City 'cos they weren't really a thing' back then') suffered the same fate, the FA would've done everything in their power to stop, or at least postpone the game for a few hours.... but 'cos it was us (and against them) it was deemed worthy of going ahead.

summit still stinks about that day... and I don't mean the Spurs away dressing room toilet cubicles!

It was the last game at Highbury and the premier league chairman, who’s name suddenly escapes me, was there to celebrate that day. All very convenient for them.

Brendan's crying foul the game hasn't been cancelled.

Conte "understands why we go ahead"

Seems like Leicester's issues are Injuries, illness AND Covid.

Back
Top Bottom