Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man Utd were allowed to call of their Tuesday fixture away Brentford on the Monday

"Manchester United can confirm that following PCR test confirmation of yesterday’s [Sunday] positive LFT Covid-19 cases among the first team staff and players". How many of the 19 were players?

Also, why hasn't their fixture v Brighton on Saturday not already been postponed? Surely all the '19 cases' from Monday will still be isolating.
Because they're Man United......... They follow a different set of Premier League rules to the rest of us.

it is kinda mad that we've no real idea who will play tomo

the regular team if all fit bar Romero

Lloris

Emerson Sanchez Dier Davies Reguilon

Skipp Hojbjerg

Lucas Kane Son

we know -

Emerson - had covid - but missed the Norwich so has likely had 2 weeks to recover? could start if not - Doherty?

Davies - we think had covid, may not play? if not, Tanganga?

As far as I'm aware - Sanchez, Dier and Regulion are covid free and fit.

Skipp - Had Covid (?) we think, rumours he'll miss the game

Hojbjerg - Had Covid - believed to be the "new" case this week - likely won't play.

MF - Likely 2 of Winks/Ndombele/Lo Celso to start?

Son - Had Covid we think, won't start(?)

Lucas - Had Covid we think, won't start(?)

Kane - Covid free as far as we know will start.

So Revised team

Lloris

Doherty Sanchez Dier Tanganga Reguilon

Winks Ndombele

Lo Celso Kane Bergwijn

Please feel to pick holes in this, I'm going off what's been speculated.

it is kinda mad that we've no real idea who will play tomo

the regular team if all fit bar Romero

Lloris

Emerson Sanchez Dier Davies Reguilon

Skipp Hojbjerg

Lucas Kane Son

we know -

Emerson - had covid - but missed the Norwich so has likely had 2 weeks to recover? could start if not - Doherty?

Davies - we think had covid, may not play? if not, Tanganga?

As far as I'm aware - Sanchez, Dier and Regulion are covid free and fit.

Skipp - Had Covid (?) we think, rumours he'll miss the game

Hojbjerg - Had Covid - believed to be the "new" case this week - likely won't play.

MF - Likely 2 of Winks/Ndombele/Lo Celso to start?

Son - Had Covid we think, won't start(?)

Lucas - Had Covid we think, won't start(?)

Kane - Covid free as far as we know will start.

So Revised team

Lloris

Doherty Sanchez Dier Tanganga Reguilon

Winks Ndombele

Lo Celso Kane Bergwijn

Please feel to pick holes in this, I'm going off what's been speculated.
I would score against that back 5

@Dan_KP's predicted #thfc line-up vs Leicester City: Lloris; Tanganga, Dier, Sánchez; Doherty, Winks, Ndombele, Reguilón; Bergwijn, Dele; Kane. |
@standardsport

So:

Son, Lucas, Skipp, PEH, Emerson, Davies still out then (otherwise they'd be playing)?

+ Romero (injury)
+ GLC (injury)

Ergo, likely bench:

Gil, Gollini, Rodon, Sess, Clarke + Kids.

So the clubs position is we tell you about the injuries but not those ruled out by Covid. However you will know an hour before KO as they will not be included. Nonsense.

So:

Son, Lucas, Skipp, PEH, Emerson, Davies still out then (otherwise they'd be playing)?

+ Romero (injury)
+ GLC (injury)

Ergo, likely bench:

Gil, Gollini, Rodon, Sess, Clarke + Kids.
no he did say some are "recovered" just will be on bench and only play 25mins

So the clubs position is we tell you about the injuries but not those ruled out by Covid. However you will know an hour before KO as they will not be included. Nonsense.

Suits our club for other clubs to not know the physical history of our players (both in terms of short and long term ramifications).....

Sucks that we get left in the dark in some instances, but..... What fans know or don't know comes secondary to the business end of things.

Last edited:
Do you take ridiculous throwaway comments so literally in real life? FFS, I feel for your helper

Are you such a gob-shite in real life?

.......Or do you just save random bullshit as a gift for us?

If so.... Thanks, but no thanks.

Burnley/Watford just bit the dust thru Covid.

Premier League: Burnley-Watford postponed over Covid outbreak in Hornets' squad [from the BBC]

"because of an ongoing Covid outbreak within the visitors' squad"

"The Premier League said Watford had "an insufficient number of first-team players available to fulfil the match".

I don't understand this. The game is called of an hour and a half before kick-off? The results of the PCR test results must have been known before Watford would have travelled.

Watford wouldn't have travelled. Even with flying there they would have had to have met up at least 4 hours ago.

And what about the Watford supporters who have travelled to the game?

Correction: "Burnley have announced at two and a half hours’ notice" Guardian

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom