Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This.

And I totally understand both clubs going public with their requests and it being rejected. They are hoping to put some pressure on the league now.

I do however think that the TV pressure will win out.

Do the tv companies want a player who’s just returned from covid collapsing on the pitch with breathing difficulties because that’s the position they are putting the clubs and players in.

Do the tv companies want a player who’s just returned from covid collapsing on the pitch with breathing difficulties because that’s the position they are putting the clubs and players in.
But think about the ratings, Brian. The ratings!

It is incredibly reckless by the league and the broadcasters.

Man Utd were allowed to call of their Tuesday fixture away Brentford on the Monday

"Manchester United can confirm that following PCR test confirmation of yesterday’s [Sunday] positive LFT Covid-19 cases among the first team staff and players". How many of the 19 were players?

Also, why hasn't their fixture v Brighton on Saturday not already been postponed? Surely all the '19 cases' from Monday will still be isolating.

This.

And I totally understand both clubs going public with their requests and it being rejected. They are hoping to put some pressure on the league now.

I do however think that the TV pressure will win out.

It already has.........

The "this is what you have big squads for" line is now being rolled out.......

Obviously this didn't apply to Utd though.

On the flipside:

Aside from ourselves had anyone had something one could genuinely claim to be a full-blown "covid outbreak"?

Sounds like Leicester and are just trying to merge together with their existing squad ailments to create a 'claim'........ Get the impression that United were just rallying merely on the basis of certain key players testing positive, rather than overall number of positive tests too.

Fuck it - if Leicester are as fucked as we are it levels the playing field.

Just try get away with a 1-0 and 3 points and we'll have helped our cause massively.

Seeing as Kane doesn't seem to have caught it at all, it would be nice time for a fresh him to start putting a few goals away against an unrecognisable defence!

Man Utd were allowed to call of their Tuesday fixture away Brentford on the Monday

"Manchester United can confirm that following PCR test confirmation of yesterday’s [Sunday] positive LFT Covid-19 cases among the first team staff and players".

How many of the 19 were players?

Also, why hasn't their fixture v Brighton on Saturday not already been postponed? Surely all the '19 cases' from Monday will still be isolating.

Where'd you get that quote from?

Right old clusterfuck.... It doesn't state the amount of cases..... The number 19 is written as "Covid-19" (i.e. the name of the virus); not that there were 19 cases....

????

Where'd you get that quote from?

Right old clusterfuck.... It doesn't state the amount of cases..... The number 19 is written as "Covid-19" (i.e. the name of the virus); not that there were 19 cases....

????
You're right, the 19 is my error.

All I can find is "The club recorded a "small number" of positive COVID-19 cases among players and staff following Saturday's match at Norwich."

So, how many players did they have test positive?

Considering that the PL are refusing to postpone Spurs v Leicester, when both clubs have players who are positive

This game is like a last (11) man standing for both teams

Agree MadridBill, their fans also feel screwed over compared to United and rightly so. Would have been better for us and them to just postpone and let us play against Rennes.

PS: Except, if they have mostly injured players and just a few COVID that would change the situation, but afaik thats unknown.

You're right, the 19 is my error.

All I can find is "The club recorded a "small number" of positive COVID-19 cases among players and staff following Saturday's match at Norwich."

So, how many players did they have test positive?

Considering that the PL are refusing to postpone Spurs v Leicester, when both clubs have players who are positive

Juts reeks of United getting the golden-child treatment. Nothing i've read suggests it was as bad as our outbreak.

Ditto Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom