Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grand scheme of things; fuck football..... Just do what needs to be done.
Mate we have lives to lead, we can't wrap the world in cotton wool, before you know it you'll be dead and gone anyway.

There is always risk associated with everything,

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind I'm saying get a proper risk assessment done and figure out how many people this thing is going to kill and if that number is low get on with our lives.

It's about the odds of that if.

Covid is rife right now across many clubs. Maybe we're all clear, and Liverpool are all clear on Sunday morning. But possibly not. So on balance, are you going to risk ruining the travel plans of all supporters, as well as the clubs by cancelling a few hours before kick off?

Ah come on though, Liverpool haven’t had any issues to date and if a good chunk of our squad got it so are much less likely to get it again.

In the same way we could all be hit by a bus tomo So why plan for a game on Sunday. We can’t think like this is an inevitable as you say.

I take the bus example Is facetious but you know what I mean.

Mate we have lives to lead, we can't wrap the world in cotton wool, before you know it you'll be dead and gone anyway.

There is always risk associated with everything,

I never said anything about cotton wool or avoiding risk.... I just advocate that decisions should be made with the right priorities and criteria in mind.

EPL is already making a cluster-fuck of this...... I don't trust their judgement or the reach of their influence once bit.

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind I'm saying get a proper risk assessment done and figure out how many people this thing is going to kill and if that number is low get on with our lives.

Amen.

It's about the odds of that if.

Covid is rife right now across many clubs. Maybe we're all clear, and Liverpool are all clear on Sunday morning. But possibly not. So on balance, are you going to risk ruining the travel plans of all supporters, as well as the clubs by cancelling a few hours before kick off?
At the PL board meeting, I’m pretty sure “how does this affect us financially?” is asked about 25 times before the bolded concern.

Back
Top Bottom